The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We did warn them, an absolute roaster of a player :D we papped him out in January and replaced him with Ryan Hardie ffs :wub:

Any possibility of him on loan til the end of the season or is he still under contract at Rangers? Noticed he's barely played for your lot this season. Solid scoring record at this level.

Edited by lanky_ffc

36 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Any possibility of him on loan til the end of the season or is he still under contract at Rangers? Noticed he's barely played for your lot this season. Solid scoring record at this level.

Been out since some scumbag Dundee Utd lad broke his foot/ankle in our play-off win at end of last season. Think he should be back in next 3/4 weeks but we've been saying that for last 6/7 weeks! Big lad Menga upfront has offered us something different and doing well so no guarantee he'll get straight back in the team...

55 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

New GK, RB, CB, CM, LM, ST the absolute bare minimum for me if we are to get 9th and 3 of those players have to be in by the end of October if we are to get 8th.

They also need to be quality signings the lot of them, and not just a slight improvement on the dross we have.

1 hour ago, Mpire said:

Been out since some scumbag Dundee Utd lad broke his foot/ankle in our play-off win at end of last season. Think he should be back in next 3/4 weeks but we've been saying that for last 6/7 weeks! Big lad Menga upfront has offered us something different and doing well so no guarantee he'll get straight back in the team...

Didn't realise he was injured. Transfermarkt just has him down as 'not in squad'.

20 minutes ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

We need the entire squad to retire en masse with immediate effect if we are going to be able to afford a genuine squad overhaul to get us out of this shitstorm we are in. The more I dwell on it, the more five new faces seems four too short. 

I think 5 new players would be fine as long as they're played in their proper positions AND they are much better players than those they replace.

I think Sammut and Irving may improve with Buaben beside them although, as this is unknown, we'd probably need another creative midfielder. Also (hopefully) Mitchell turns out to be decent. I'd also be happy enough with Robson at LB/LWB, McGhee at the back and maybe Rudden up front. That leaves us needing a RB/WB, two CH's and a striker.

Problem we've then got though is that if any of those players was out for a prolonged period we'd only have the current lot to fall back on! From those I'd keep Russell, Brough & Petra although some of the others will probably still be around.

I think an improvement up top will help the defence. At the moment the game's up if we lose the first goal.

We need to concentrate on getting attacking players in first of all. Three attacking mids/strikers could see us starting to pick up a couple of points. I wouldn't want Rudden starting ideally. He'd be a decent sub.

I feel sorry for the players, what a shitty situation they find themselves in. These people signed on in good faith and found out that they were a class below what is required. Am sure they try their best and it can't be good to know that they are getting shipped out, if  not in January then at the end of the season.  Getting shouted at and slated will not help matters.  The Board and Hartley are the people that must take the blame. So what to do ?  Get a formation that is hard to score against. 2 banks for 4 on the 18yard line and hit on the break. Grind out draws and the occasion fluke win and hope we are within 3-6 point max to 3rd bottom come the end of December.  Never thought I could think of such a thing as a Falkirk supporter since the 60's but it's pragmatic.  Trying to match any team on an expansive game gets us nothing. What a mess !

Edited by HopeStreetWalker