The Falkirk FC Thread

I would imagine we asked that and either Dundee or Haber were unwilling. Hard to imagine we punted Mackin, who was dross but had scored, before Haber, who is just dross and is costing more. 

They’re both fucking shite. Imo Mackin was at least trying but he was just that bad. Haber however has clearly got some talent got quite a few caps for Canada and season before last was a real threat for Dundee in the Premiership. However he’s not put any effort in at any point this season clearly doesn’t give a f**k.

Muirhead is one of the few players we have who could get a game for other championship teams. Certainly shouldn't be a priority for replacement for me.

I’d be more than willing to let him go to another Championship team. A lot of fans seem to like him because he looks angry a lot and he’s passionate or some other bullshit but he really is a terrible defender.

Fantastic at penalties though. Just a pity we don’t have the ball in the box often enough to be able to get a few.

For Muirhead it's enough for him to get a head or a foot to the ball, he doesn't care or have the ability to influence where it goes. On Saturday he challenged in the RB position and booted the ball right into the middle of the pitch outside the box where an unmarked Morton midfielder (were there any other kinds) had time to take it down, control it, wave to the fans then unleash a peach of a shot that hit the post.  Far too often Muirhead clears the ball into more dangerous areas. I love his commitment and energy but he just doesn't have the ability. 

At the goal - a free header from a cross at the far post - Muirhead was out of position because he'd been wrestling somebody 30 yards from goal two passes before the cross came in. 

2 hours ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

I would imagine we asked that and either Dundee or Haber were unwilling. Hard to imagine we punted Mackin, who was dross but had scored, before Haber, who is just dross and is costing more. 

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

You wanted us to keep the Dylan Mackin who has just signed for Stirling Albion. Who are 8th in league 2. Bonkers.

Except that's not what he said, is it?

2 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

You wanted us to keep the Dylan Mackin who has just signed for Stirling Albion. Who are 8th in league 2. Bonkers.

He tries and he had scored. That makes him a better keep than Haber. The fact he's gone and Haber is still here has to be down to someone being unwilling to cancel the loan, as opposed to any actual abity that Haber has shown. Not hard to see really. 

2 hours ago, Russ said:

They’re both fucking shite. Imo Mackin was at least trying but he was just that bad. Haber however has clearly got some talent got quite a few caps for Canada and season before last was a real threat for Dundee in the Premiership. However he’s not put any effort in at any point this season clearly doesn’t give a f**k.

I’d be more than willing to let him go to another Championship team. A lot of fans seem to like him because he looks angry a lot and he’s passionate or some other bullshit but he really is a terrible defender.

Fantastic at penalties though. Just a pity we don’t have the ball in the box often enough to be able to get a few.

It's not much of a choice, but I'll take the shite player that tries, over a shite lazy one that can't even trap a ball into him. 

37 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Dylan Mackin is an absolute potato of a footballer and the fact he was ever under contract at a club the size of Falkirk should be a source of great embarrassment for all true Bairns supporters.

We did warn them, an absolute roaster of a player :D we papped him out in January and replaced him with Ryan Hardie ffs :wub:

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Dylan Mackin is an absolute potato of a footballer and the fact he was ever under contract at a club the size of Falkirk should be a source of great embarrassment for all true Bairns supporters.

Which should give you some idea of how Haber has been performing!

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Our main issue is going forward.

5 goals in 9 games tells a story and we only scored in three of them.

Happily see a complete clearout in midfield and up front. Rudden is ok but he is 18. Irving is ok but he is 18. The Prince will be ok in 2/3 weeks. The rest can go for me.

I thought Rudden was only on loan from Sevco for 6 months? Has it been/will it be extended?

Sevco could look at it 2 ways, his time at Falkirk will harden him up for anything or it could be completely destroying his confidence playing in an always losing team.  Either way it's up to them, not us, although he will be nowhere near their 1st team for some time.

I think he might stay.

4 hours ago, Russ said:

The only players I’d genuinely be bothered about keeping are Mitchell, McGhee, Buaben, Rudden and Petravicius.

Fasan, Muirhead, Harrison, Dallison, Brough, McKee, Kidd, Lewis, Haber and Owen-Evans I’d happily punt all of they c***s. Not 1 of them anywhere near good enough.

Aye thought it was Dallison best game for us on Saturday there and was really impressed by Sammut playing wide right in the first half. He’s never going to be a flying winger but he put in a solid job there. A better performance than shite like Kidd or McKee have managed this season.

Nah I’d want Aero to get so far too f**k. Genuinely don’t think he’s really that much better than Harrison/Dallison. Horrific defender. Wouldn’t mind seeing him in the middle of the park again though.

I was saying about 2 years ago that Muirhead had to go, a really awful footballer who just cannot pass the ball.

Significant that he has gone from the worst footballer in that squad to one of the best in the current one. 

Harrison or  Mrs doutfire as my daughter calls him could play at this level if he lost weight and got a bit fitter. Dallison however strikes me as a ponce who looks the part but could do with watching a few clips featuring Yogi Hughes on how to attack the ball. Fasan is becoming a bit of an joke anti goaly in my household, watching his displays back  on the video links  remind us of  a bad episode from it will be alright on the night. One obvious  feature that is sorely missing from our play this year is guile. Craig sibbald had it in abundance Hippolyte had it in patches and longridge if he was in the mood. None of the current squad has any hence our ridiculous shots at goal stats, and even worse shots on target figures. Hartley was a mumbling little jakey who avoided eye contact and managed to speak without opening his mouth., yet someone sanctioned him taking a carving knife to our club. That lack of guile also evident at board level is why we are in this shit. 

Harrison or  Mrs doutfire as my daughter calls him could play at this level if he lost weight and got a bit fitter. Dallison however strikes me as a ponce who looks the part but could do with watching a few clips featuring Yogi Hughes on how to attack the ball. Fasan is becoming a bit of an joke anti goaly in my household, watching his displays back  on the video links  remind us of  a bad episode from it will be alright on the night. One obvious  feature that is sorely missing from our play this year is guile. Craig sibbald had it in abundance Hippolyte had it in patches and longridge if he was in the mood. None of the current squad has any hence our ridiculous shots at goal stats, and even worse shots on target figures. Hartley was a mumbling little jakey who avoided eye contact and managed to speak without opening his mouth., yet someone sanctioned him taking a carving knife to our club. That lack of guile also evident at board level is why we are in this shit. 
Agreed. fbc651a1e3c1dae90b00c80963954bcf.jpg

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I thought Rudden was only on loan from Sevco for 6 months? Has it been/will it be extended?

Sevco could look at it 2 ways, his time at Falkirk will harden him up for anything or it could be completely destroying his confidence playing in an always losing team.  Either way it's up to them, not us, although he will be nowhere near their 1st team for some time.

I think he might stay.

I doubt Falkirks performances will affect the decision to be honest as long as he's playing. They've loaned out players to shit teams in the champ before and in lower leagues.

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

The only player we have with a bit of guile if you ask me is robson and he cant get a sniff at the moment.