The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, Trump said:

Thought Dallison was fine for the most part on Saturday. Haven’t seen the goal back to know if he was at fault for that, but would give him and McGhee a run in the middle until we can get reinforcements in.

The first two can leave ASAP. Incompetence beyond belief.

The main issue is the lack of chances being created, especially from open play. I understand McKinnon trying to work on the defence first, which despite Poppadom wrists in the sticks, does look a bit more organised. Don’t think there is much more the manager can do with that defence. His next part will be to get better wide players in, and someone to replace Paton.

As I said earlier, yes, I agree he was half decent on Saturday but that is a worry because he's not likely to be able to maintain that based on what's gone before. The frustrating thing for me is that we have a good left back sitting on the bench in Robson and, if he was played, that would let Brough in at CH who I think has looked fairly competent defensively.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

5 and 8 respectively. I honestly think 8th may be out of our reach already given we'll be even further behind come January and we'd be asking all the new players to gel and hit the ground running.

8th is crazy talk. We're going to need to make up about 16 points on 8th in maybe 15 or 16 games. Can't be done.

The gap to 9th on Jan 1st is going to be approaching double figures. Or even 10+.

Edited by Bairn Necessities

Thought Dallison was fine for the most part on Saturday. Haven’t seen the goal back to know if he was at fault for that, but would give him and McGhee a run in the middle until we can get reinforcements in.

The first two can leave ASAP. Incompetence beyond belief.

The main issue is the lack of chances being created, especially from open play. I understand McKinnon trying to work on the defence first, which despite Poppadom wrists in the sticks, does look a bit more organised. Don’t think there is much more the manager can do with that defence. His next part will be to get better wide players in, and someone to replace Paton.

Our main issue is going forward.

5 goals in 9 games tells a story and we only scored in three of them.

Happily see a complete clearout in midfield and up front. Rudden is ok but he is 18. Irving is ok but he is 18. The Prince will be ok in 2/3 weeks. The rest can go for me.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Our main issue is going forward.

5 goals in 9 games tells a story and we only scored in three of them.

Happily see a complete clearout in midfield and up front. Rudden is ok but he is 18. Irving is ok but he is 18. The Prince will be ok in 2/3 weeks. The rest can go for me.

Agreed. I'm not convinced by Mitchell either.

I think we need a GK, a right back, a centre half, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers in the window. 

All starters. We can't carry more than 4 of this lot post Jan. 4 is itself too many, but given we can't replace 11 we'll need to make do.

If we are starting 5 or 6 of this lot post Jan we are down. In 10th.

Mitchell
RB CB McGhee LB
MF Buaben MF Irving MF
Rudden
That's the bare minimum IMO. I actually thought Dallison and Sammut were decent on Saturday. Petravicius is a sub at best.

Rudden won’t keep us up IMO

Personally think defence playing to Saturdays standard would be acceptable. I would probably only keep Buaben in front of them though.

For me a keeper plus 5.

For me the problem starts at the back. They've sat far too deep all season (Dallison is the biggest culprit). This brings our midfield deep, which leaves the forwards isolated. The defence then compounds the issue by launching the ball long whenever they get it. This means the forwards have to hold it up for a long period if the midfield (not the quickest) are ever going to get up in support. What generally happens is the forwards don't hold it up, the opposing team wins the ball then pass through the lines and we're under pressure again. We will never score goals or create chances playing in this manner. The defence needs to push up 10 yards for us to even start to look like a team. The only issue with this is pace at the back, though with Mcghee back in the centre it might be a bit better. As it stands, the midfield have no chance of creating anything and the forwards are getting no service.

As I said earlier, yes, I agree he was half decent on Saturday but that is a worry because he's not likely to be able to maintain that based on what's gone before. The frustrating thing for me is that we have a good left back sitting on the bench in Robson and, if he was played, that would let Brough in at CH who I think has looked fairly competent defensively.

The more he is on the bench, the more Robson becomes a superstar. As someone has mentioned previously, if he didn’t have a catchy song nobody would be half as bothered. Completely unproven at left back, did well at times for us at wing back last season.

I think we need;

RB
CM LM
ST

As a priority.

Mitchell should be ok in goals.

Aero and McGhee will do in the middle and Brough and Robson are serviceable at LB.

Petra does ok at RM and buaben and Irvine have something to offer in the middle.

Rudden does well up front but is young and cannot be expected to keep us up.

This isn't an exhaustive list, more what I think would be the minimum required to keep us up and what I feel are the real priorities.

15 minutes ago, Trump said:

The more he is on the bench, the more Robson becomes a superstar. As someone has mentioned previously, if he didn’t have a catchy song nobody would be half as bothered. Completely unproven at left back, did well at times for us at wing back last season.

IMO Robson was one of our best players last season. I agree that he would make a better WB than FB but I would certainly have him at LB now with Brough at CH rather than Dallison.

Five mobile players that are comfortable with the ball at their feet and actually understand how to play football. At this stage, I'm not even sure it matters where they play, what matters more is that they CAN play. 

Should probably spread them out a bit or we'll likely end up with three right backs out if the five. A replacement for Paton and a striker would seem a must though. 

7 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Just getting Fasan out the starting lineup improves us. 

I wonder if McInally will want Haber back at Dundee? I hope we have asked the question!

I would imagine we asked that and either Dundee or Haber were unwilling. Hard to imagine we punted Mackin, who was dross but had scored, before Haber, who is just dross and is costing more. 

19 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Just getting Fasan out the starting lineup improves us. 

I wonder if McInally will want Haber back at Dundee? I hope we have asked the question!

Wouldn't imagine that McInally will be bothered one way or the other TBH! :P

1 minute ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

They have a new manager now though.

They do, though his main concern would surely be getting the shite he has out, not bringing more shite in. 

Our best bet is somehow luring Haber into the trebuchet, firing him into the sea, and reporting him missing. 

1 hour ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

I would imagine we asked that and either Dundee or Haber were unwilling. Hard to imagine we punted Mackin, who was dross but had scored, before Haber, who is just dross and is costing more. 

You wanted us to keep the Dylan Mackin who has just signed for Stirling Albion. Who are 8th in league 2. Bonkers.

Edited by EdiBairn

The only players I’d genuinely be bothered about keeping are Mitchell, McGhee, Buaben, Rudden and Petravicius.

Fasan, Muirhead, Harrison, Dallison, Brough, McKee, Kidd, Lewis, Haber and Owen-Evans I’d happily punt all of they c***s. Not 1 of them anywhere near good enough.

Mitchell
RB CB McGhee LB
MF Buaben MF Irving MF
Rudden
That's the bare minimum IMO. I actually thought Dallison and Sammut were decent on Saturday. Petravicius is a sub at best.

Aye thought it was Dallison best game for us on Saturday there and was really impressed by Sammut playing wide right in the first half. He’s never going to be a flying winger but he put in a solid job there. A better performance than shite like Kidd or McKee have managed this season.

I'm only happy with Mitchell, Aero, McGhee, Bauben, Irving, Rudden atm. So aye we need a good few. I don't mind Brough and Petra but they can be hit or miss.

Nah I’d want Aero to get so far too f**k. Genuinely don’t think he’s really that much better than Harrison/Dallison. Horrific defender. Wouldn’t mind seeing him in the middle of the park again though.