The Falkirk FC Thread

right now my outlook is bleak for our season. im praying ray has a number of quality players lined up to come in as soon as feasible, sooner the better. but since no news has been forthcoming, no rumours even, im assuming we are holding out till transfer window in january. i cannot see any improvement in the team at present, we are still losing and feel we are in freefall. serious money needs to be spent (do we have it?) for serious quality to get us safe, this season is a complete right off and safety must be priority and base to work on for future seasons. so fed up with football at mo. monday mornings are crap. apologise for the rant....nah im not. im sitting next to a hearts fan gloating. hartley you are a p***k, getting my hopes up and dashing them this way.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
27 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:
Its 50/50 this tie. That's it. No one is favourite.

Stenny are doing pretty shit in the league below us. I think we have to be seen as favourites for the tie tbh.

They are at home and at least score. The talent in the squads will be similar. Both lower League One standard. 

I can see them being really up for it and winning a tight game. 

The only value to scraping through the tie is getting an away game to the Old Firm next round and a few quid to plug this season's black hole.

20 minutes ago, faedenny said:

right now my outlook is bleak for our season. im praying ray has a number of quality players lined up to come in as soon as feasible, sooner the better. but since no news has been forthcoming, no rumours even, im assuming we are holding out till transfer window in january. 

I don't know if you saw the FFCTV interview after the match but it confirmed that we've been looking at trialists. BPM correctly named a couple on here the other week and there have been others. I believe there will be more to follow before the January window too. Whether any of them will be good enough to get a contract is another matter of course.

That at least is one small crumb of comfort. We're not signing Taylor Morgans or John Rankins just because they spent a week training at the club. McKinnon seems to know exactly what he wants and is taking his time to make sure he gets it right.

Montrose are doing pretty shit in the league below us but managed to beat us away from home quite comfortably earlier on in the season.

With home advantage, the odds will be pretty close I reckon.
They might be close but Stenny will not be favourite nor should they be.

Right, forget about Buaben and lets say for arguement he is good. Forget about who gets emptied as its not totally relevant to this.

How many GOOD signings does Ray need to get 9th. And how many to get 8th. I dont mean signings all in. I mean ones that can be considered a hit.

I say 2 and 4 respectively.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Right, forget about Buaben and lets say for arguement he is good. Forget about who gets emptied as its not totally relevant to this.

How many GOOD signings does Ray need to get 9th. And how many to get 8th. I dont mean signings all in. I mean ones that can be considered a hit.

Thoughts?

5 and 8 respectively. I honestly think 8th may be out of our reach already given we'll be even further behind come January and we'd be asking all the new players to gel and hit the ground running.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:
Stenny are clear favourites for the tie. 

Clear favourites? I dont think so

I was at the Stenny game on Saturday and believe me they aren't much better than our crop of imposters. The cheer in the bar when they drew us was quite spectacular though. 

18 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

I was at the Stenny game on Saturday and believe me they aren't much better than our crop of imposters. The cheer in the bar when they drew us was quite spectacular though. 

I'm not surprised that they were cheering.  They've essentially got a bye to the next round.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are you are still in denial if you think we only need 2-4 players

For 9th, we need Fasan, Paton, Harrison, Dallison gone from the first team. Given that Rudden will get a few if the chances come his way, we need some sort of midfield provider.

That to me says we need five of Saturday’s starters gone. If we stay as we are, we might be needing something like ten wins in the second half of the season to make 8th a remote possibility.

4 good players. Rather a large contingent of the team. Buaben being assumed to be good (context of my question) makes 5. Mitchell only needs to f**k up less than always to make the lineup so thats 4 from our squad to make a starting 11 fit for overhauling Alloa and AN Other. It would be close no doubt. Hardly impossible.

That 4 could be from Robson McGhee Aero(shite form but at his level no doubt) Irving Petra Rudden. If 5 of your outfield are good at the level and yiu have to pad from the rest, I dont think you are losong games like we are now.

It would be easy to say 7 or 8. I was after scrape by numbers.

Eta If my maths is shit IDGAF I am not well. Not even going to try and check.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I'm only happy with Mitchell, Aero, McGhee, Bauben, Irving, Rudden atm. So aye we need a good few. I don't mind Brough and Petra but they can be hit or miss.

For 9th, we need Fasan, Paton, Harrison, Dallison gone from the first team. Given that Rudden will get a few if the chances come his way, we need some sort of midfield provider.

That to me says we need five of Saturday’s starters gone. If we stay as we are, we might be needing something like ten wins in the second half of the season to make 8th a remote possibility.

Thought Dallison was fine for the most part on Saturday. Haven’t seen the goal back to know if he was at fault for that, but would give him and McGhee a run in the middle until we can get reinforcements in.

The first two can leave ASAP. Incompetence beyond belief.

The main issue is the lack of chances being created, especially from open play. I understand McKinnon trying to work on the defence first, which despite Poppadom wrists in the sticks, does look a bit more organised. Don’t think there is much more the manager can do with that defence. His next part will be to get better wide players in, and someone to replace Paton.