The Falkirk FC Thread

This is the time before a game that I start to get a bit positive that we can turn the corner and have learned from the Dunfermline game. It grows a bit till 2pm on Saturday when the team is announced then it’s a fast descent to the doldrums for the next five days. Repeat

Yeah that’s me right up for it again. Genuinely torture following us this season.

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Dylan Mackin signs up at lofty Stirling Albion.

Kind of says it all..........and that one can’t be laid at the door of “Mitch” (even though Mackin was of a similar standard to the dross supplied by super-scout).

Harrison and Dallison. Two names that will bring a shudder to every Bairn for years to come. Sadly, it’s probably a nightmare that has many more scares yet to come before it’s finally over.

I guess I am lucky in that even the Dunfermline game didn’t hurt that much. Early season numbness is such a blessing. Think I will play “Three Little Birds” on repeat all the way to Greenock on Saturday.

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Kind of says it all..........and that one can’t be laid at the door of “Mitch” (even though Mackin was of a similar standard to the dross supplied by super-scout).

Harrison and Dallison. Two names that will bring a shudder to every Bairn for years to come. Sadly, it’s probably a nightmare that has many more scares yet to come before it’s finally over.

I guess I am lucky in that even the Dunfermline game didn’t hurt that much. Early season numbness is such a blessing. Think I will play “Three Little Birds” on repeat all the way to Greenock on Saturday.

We're basically paying him to play for stirling albion as hes signed amateur and will be living off our severance money till whenever. More money pished down the drain by hartley, campbell and lang. Great job guys.

Yep, apparently an amateur can sign and be recompensed reasonable expenses. Livingston did a similar thing with Kachloul, but of course, Livingston being Livingston, they paid him a professional salary but got away with it.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

To think there were brain donors here still saying Mackin should be starting as late as the Alloa game. 

He'll go down as one of the worst ever for me. A fat slow blob with the touch of an elephant.

And yet not even the worst striker in THIS squad. That is some achievement right enough.

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Pi$hed myself at that.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yep, apparently an amateur can sign and be recompensed reasonable expenses. Livingston did a similar thing with Kachloul, but of course, Livingston being Livingston, they paid him a professional salary but got away with it.

An amateur can sign but he can't play at 1st team level. Not at a Championship side anyway. Perhaps there's a relaxed interpretation of the rules at League Two level.

An amateur can sign but he can't play at 1st team level. Not at a Championship side anyway. Perhaps there's a relaxed interpretation of the rules at League Two level.
As you're a man normally well on top of these things I'm surprised by the use of "perhaps" here.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I doubt it is different as Tiffoney was on an amateur contract in the Championship with us.

10 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I doubt it is different as Tiffoney was on an amateur contract in the Championship with us.

Sorry, you misunderstood (although Tiffoney was years ago). We had Sam Henderson on an amateur registration this season. I meant you can't sign an amateur outwith the window at Championship level if they were signed to someone else when the window shut and then use them in the 1st team.

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Sorry, you misunderstood (although Tiffoney was years ago). We had Sam Henderson on an amateur registration this season. I meant you can't sign an amateur outwith the window at Championship level if they were signed to someone else when the window shut and then use them in the 1st team.

Ah I'm with you now. Although Tiff still signed with us after the window had presumably closed, with him at Limerick, in March. Rules seem to be clear as mud.