The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, BillyBairn said:

Where did you get 9 first team players out of this?

Mutch, Mitchell, Robson, Munro, Russell, Buaben, Kidd, Sammut, O’Hara, Laverty, Dunne

Subs: Young, Owen Evans, Jarvis

Mutch, Robson, Russell, Buaben, Kidd, Sammut, O'Hara, Dunne and Owen-Evans have all played a number of first team games or have been brought in with a view to doing so.

50 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Wonder how Bauben played.? 

I thought he looked decent. Composed on the ball and spraying passes around. He was taken off in the second so probably not entirely match fit yet. I suspect he'll be in contention for Saturday, particularly as McKinnon was here to see the game. 

Re the result,  we were the dominant team in the early stages but got caught with  two (literally) breakaway goals which could probably have been defended better. After that Aberdeen took control and fully deserved to win in the end. 

Getting turned over by them is a regular occurrence. A couple of years back at Glebe Park they took seven off us and I'm sure there's been a couple of fives too. They seem to have a very strong youth / reserve setup. 

Fair play to our Chair(wo)man for turning up to watch the game too. 

15 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Mutch, Robson, Russell, Buaben, Kidd, Sammut, O'Hara, Dunne and Owen-Evans have all played a number of first team games or have been brought in with a view to doing so.

Wonder how many of them will start on Saturday?

5 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

It's amazing how many players just aren't good enough for us now. 

Russell, Robson, Sammut, Kidd, owen-Evans, O'Hara can all leave right now as far as I'm concerned. 

I've only seen Russell once and thought he did quite well. Robson would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I've only seen Russell once and thought he did quite well. Robson would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

There must be something going on behind the scenes with them though. If the manager doesn't fancy them for whatever reason and aren't playing then they can go. 

2 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Our reserve team containing 9 first team players currently being beaten 4-0 by Aberdeen reserves.

....but you worded that to maximise the impact. You clearly said “9 first team players” inferring “players from the first team”, not “players who have played in the first team” or “a player brought in specifically to play in the first team”.

How many started the last first team game? Or the game before that? Or the game before that? How many have even made the bench in our last three games? I know the number, but I would like you to share it with us.

....but you worded that to maximise the impact. You clearly said “9 first team players” inferring “players from the first team”, not “players who have played in the first team” or “a player brought in specifically to play in the first team”.
How many started the last first team game? Or the game before that? Or the game before that? How many have even made the bench in our last three games? I know the number, but I would like you to share it with us.

As much as EdiBairn makes it hard for himself he clearly meant first team squad players as opposed to YTH players.

Gee the man a break n aht. It’s a Monday night fs.

How much would it cost to buy out Ritchie?
(This is not a bid)

They have said for a few years that if the right people came along with proof of back up funds he and at least 2 others on the MSG would walk away for nothing

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Fair play to our Chair(wo)man for turning up to watch the game too. 

But that can't possibly be true. We've been told for years that Lang and the rest of the BoD couldn't care less about the club and are only in it for their own personal gain. Nothing screams greed to me like travelling to Cove to attend a reserve match.

14 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

But that can't possibly be true. We've been told for years that Lang and the rest of the BoD couldn't care less about the club and are only in it for their own personal gain. Nothing screams greed to me like travelling to Cove to attend a reserve match.

Margaret actually turns up at quite a few of the away Reserve / formerly U20 games. Regardless of what people think of her decisions, her commitment and effort can't be questioned. She was like that long before she became Chair. The only other director I think I've ever seen at away second-string games was Ronnie Bateman. 

Margaret actually turns up at quite a few of the away Reserve / formerly U20 games. Regardless of what people think of her decisions, her commitment and effort can't be questioned. She was like that long before she became Chair. The only other director I think I've ever seen at away second-string games was Ronnie Bateman. 

Not particularly interested in her commitment or effort, I think these are the bare minimum I’d expect from someone in that position. I am interested in her ability and judgment and those can certainly be called into question.