The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Ms lang is first and foremost a fan. She should never have been encouraged to take this  role in the first place. Fitba in Scotland is a man's world and she is greatly out of her depth. Having said that  she would be good to have around in the background in a  secretarial capacity as she cares about the club. We have no need however for a chief executive who isn't a fan he's not needed or liked and should go so we can use his wage on a decent right back. Does any one know what he does! 

You just wrote that out loud......

14 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Ms lang is first and foremost a fan. She should never have been encouraged to take this  role in the first place. Fitba in Scotland is a man's world and she is greatly out of her depth. Having said that  she would be good to have around in the background in a  secretarial capacity as she cares about the club. We have no need however for a chief executive who isn't a fan he's not needed or liked and should go so we can use his wage on a decent right back. Does any one know what he does! 

I really haven't a clue what he does...wait a minute didn't he made a threat  to sue a group fans once about a lapsed copyright.....maybe that's his job? Or is it arranging friendlies in Wales and Budapest that don't happen...maybe its that

Edited by ATB1961
typo

15 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Ms lang is first and foremost a fan. She should never have been encouraged to take this  role in the first place. Fitba in Scotland is a man's world and she is greatly out of her depth. Having said that  she would be good to have around in the background in a  secretarial capacity as she cares about the club. We have no need however for a chief executive who isn't a fan he's not needed or liked and should go so we can use his wage on a decent right back. Does any one know what Mr Campbell  does on a daily basis. Like many I suspect our nieve approach to turning round the fortunes of the club  led to Mitch and whoever he was in cahoots with dumping a right load of garbage on the club while they walked away with a right few bob. 

I did wonder how long it would take for misogyny to be the reason for some people's dislike of Lang.

2 minutes ago, ATB1961 said:

I really haven't a clue what he does...wait a minute didn't he threaten to sue a group fans once about a lapsed copyright.....maybe that's his job?

I think that was very much a “look at me being on top of corporate reputation issues”, and was for the BoD to look on with smiling approval. When the facts of the lapse became widely known, his public utterances on the matter ceased pretty sharpish.

Likewise his utterances on Mitch once the calamitous nature of it all became apparent. He once again disappeared like snow off a dyke.

2 hours ago, ATB1961 said:

From the Herald Newspaper 27/09/2017:

"

FALKIRK chair Margaret Lang insists “significant changes” are required at the club following the departure of Peter Houston if a return promotion back to the Premiership is to be secured under a new manager.

Lang said: “With new chief executive Craig Campbell, the board is determined to get our club back into the Premiership – and to stay there.

“Craig and I have been in our roles for only some 90 days, but we know that significant changes need to take place to enable us to win promotion.”

Well they have failed!! In my job there are performance appraisals.....Would anyone like to give a 360 degree review of Ms Lang and Mr Campbell's achievement of targets? Let's face it they have been there for 15 months

What if I told you Margaret Lang has been a 20+ year supporter of Alloa and was a plant in the Falkirk boardroom to ensure Alloa's championship survival.

Paul Hartley appointed with this express purpose also decided to strap you with 2 year deals on the worst footballers he could get his hands on.

d64mx.jpg.d748209a6fa67aa381528d06b45d8d95.jpg

Edited by LeodhasXD

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think that was very much a “look at me being on top of corporate reputation issues”, and was for the BoD to look on with smiling approval. When the facts of the lapse became widely known, his public utterances on the matter ceased pretty sharpish.

Likewise his utterances on Mitch once the calamitous nature of it all became apparent. He once again disappeared like snow off a dyke.

W e don't have a board of directors we have a committee of we'll meaning people. Effective DIRECTION is evidently not in their skill set. We are the worst performing club relative to potential in Scotland and it just goes from bad to worst. 

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

What if I told you Margaret Lang has been a 20+ year supporter of Alloa and was a plant in the Falkirk boardroom to ensure Alloa's championship survival.

Paul Hartley appointed with this express purpose also decided to strap you with 2 year deals on the worst footballers he could get his hands on.

Has some one just out conspiracy theoried Duncan Freemason?

Ms lang is first and foremost a fan. She should never have been encouraged to take this  role in the first place. Fitba in Scotland is a man's world and she is greatly out of her depth. Having said that  she would be good to have around in the background in a  secretarial capacity as she cares about the club.

That’s a few times now I’ve seen you mention that Margaret Lang is in fact a women. I can’t remember off the top of my head but something like “lady chair” or similar. Let me just say that you can f**k right off with post above you backwards thinking dick.

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

That’s a few times now I’ve seen you mention that Margaret Lang is in fact a women. I can’t remember off the top of my head but something like “lady chair” or similar. Let me just say that you can f**k right off with post above you backwards thinking dick.

Aye, this is pish poor patter. A woman lawyer.. of all things... What next??

Lang may well be utterly pisspoor but it's f**k all to do with what's between her legs.

Ms lang is first and foremost a fan. She should never have been encouraged to take this  role in the first place. Fitba in Scotland is a man's world and she is greatly out of her depth. Having said that  she would be good to have around in the background in a  secretarial capacity as she cares about the club. We have no need however for a chief executive who isn't a fan he's not needed or liked and should go so we can use his wage on a decent right back. Does any one know what Mr Campbell  does on a daily basis. Like many I suspect our nieve approach to turning round the fortunes of the club  led to Mitch and whoever he was in cahoots with dumping a right load of garbage on the club while they walked away with a right few bob. 

[emoji16] Gotta be on the wind-up with that post or you’re on the sauce....

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

emoji16.png Gotta be on the wind-up with that post or you’re on the sauce....

Of course not I genuinely think Scott Shepherd and ohara would make a great front two, Harris was never given a chance and Mr Fasan is going to turn into a club goalkeeping legend.  Peter Houston signings would have come good given time and his decision to play Muirhead at right back was a masterstroke. 

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

The fucking state eh that. 

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Ann budge seems to be doing ok!

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Might have believed you but surely nobody could take watching Alloa for 20+ years!!

5 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Rumour was that Miller and Kerr were unsettling the dressing room and once they got Houston out it was Miller/Kerr combo would take over, tbf it isn't a bad shout as a managerial appointment its just not one you want to take a chance on in a relegation battle.  The board would have been given pelters for appointing another rookie combo if it failed, although i do think it would have been a popular choice but i would hate it if it ever turned on them and if we had been relegated then they would have been able to say "well its not our fault the damage was done when we took over".

Rarely managers exit clubs on good terms even with success

Hindsight is a beautiful thing but I wonder what would've happened if we kept the Smith, Kerr, Miller and other bloke management team till it failed to deliver, 2 wins 2 games suggests whatever was wrong had been repaired for now.

I suppose in that situation you kinda panic that manager that's free now won't be soon.

I'm not suggesting all was rosy in the garden but a tap with a hammer fixed us with two games whereas a wrecking ball fuked us for many games that season and this one

I have no qualms regarding Miller and Kerr wanting the big job either if true, obviously Hartley did as I don't anyone could accuse either of being a wage thief on the park and gave 100% 

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Ms lang is first and foremost a fan. She should never have been encouraged to take this  role in the first place. Fitba in Scotland is a man's world and she is greatly out of her depth. Having said that  she would be good to have around in the background in a  secretarial capacity as she cares about the club. We have no need however for a chief executive who isn't a fan he's not needed or liked and should go so we can use his wage on a decent right back. Does any one know what Mr Campbell  does on a daily basis. Like many I suspect our nieve approach to turning round the fortunes of the club  led to Mitch and whoever he was in cahoots with dumping a right load of garbage on the club while they walked away with a right few 

giphy.gif.18753206ebd69166fbd0a11a51b57778.gif

37 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Rarely managers exit clubs on good terms even with success

Hindsight is a beautiful thing but I wonder what would've happened if we kept the Smith, Kerr, Miller and other bloke management team till it failed to deliver, 2 wins 2 games suggests whatever was wrong had been repaired for now.

I suppose in that situation you kinda panic that manager that's free now won't be soon.

I'm not suggesting all was rosy in the garden but a tap with a hammer fixed us with two games whereas a wrecking ball fuked us for many games that season and this one

I have no qualms regarding Miller and Kerr wanting the big job either if true, obviously Hartley did as I don't anyone could accuse either of being a wage thief on the park and gave 100% 

I think the fact Hartley got rid sharpish it may have added a bit of credibility to the rumour and if they done it for one manager then the chances are it would have happened again you only have to look at Leicester when they f**ked over Ranieri the players hold the cards in those situations and its easier to get shot of the manager.  I do think it is a combo that would have worked had we been mid table say, but i dont think either of them have that ruthless streak in them when it comes to making hard decisions in either dropping a player or getting rid even if it was needed.  

The 2 of them just seem genuniely good c**ts.