The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:
The rub is - the players that were left did not keep improving, they went backwards. 

Craigen hippo longridge taiwo Miller aird all doing well enough and in most cases better than their replacements.

Longridge was offered a deal but  joined yourselves instead.

24 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

How much money do you have? Another new side?

Well if the worst comes to worst and the administrators come calling we can always ask yourselves for advice on how to get the creditors to take 0p in the pound as a settlement.

Craigen hippo longridge taiwo Miller aird all doing well enough and in most cases better than their replacements.

This is true but the plan was to replace them with better and mount a genuine push for promotion.
Some may argue that the plan has fallen slightly short of expectations.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:
The rub is - the players that were left did not keep improving, they went backwards. 

Craigen hippo and longridge will be lucky to get you in the playoffs this season. Taiwo isnt getting a regular game at hamilton, aird is part of a united side that just punted their manager and miller is injured.  Just because their replacements lack any football ability what so ever doesnt mean the decision to empty most of them was wrong.  Any decent manager wouldve signed better replacements. Just a shame we had hartley in charge.

Edited by Shodwall cat

13 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Tell you one thing its lucky its none of the others they would be in for pelters:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2018/10/10/meet-the-players-night/

FFC-MEET-THE-PLAYERS_v1_FACEBOOK-HEADER-1.thumb.jpg.a5c4e4a8bfcc5940ca845f161d7ea669.jpg

"YOUR PLAYERS" ......One belongs to Sevco and one belongs to Hertz. The remaining one is a short term signing.   

Great work! 

"YOUR PLAYERS" ......One belongs to Sevco and one belongs to Hertz. The remaining one is a short term signing.   
Great work! 
Presumably the lesser spotted celebrating Falkirk player is a difficult thing to get a photo of for the promo material. Irving and Rudden in by default and Prince because that scarf is class.

19 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Under Houston we had 3 pts in 7 games. 0.43 pts a game including matches v Brechin and Dumbarton.  Hartley was 41 points in 28 games at 1.46 pts a game so I think we can safely say he did.

I'm struggling to understand why you have condensed Houston's record to just 7 games - is it just to make your point look better?

How do the stats look for both managers during their respective times at FFC?

How do they look over their managerial careers , I'm sure Houston has won the Scottish Cup at least once.   

Can we just accept the following:

Houston done a good job for the time he was in however towards the end of his tenure things were going a bit stale and the replacements in quality for Vaulks, Leahy etc were sub standard/not good enough.

Hartley understandably felt there was something going on when taking over from Houstie and had a clear out what was brought in were good enough to keep us in the league and pull clear of Dumbarton, unfortunately between Hartleys man management skills being sh*t and our English based Scout (Mitch) the 2 of them made a horses arse of player recruitment.

McKinnons recruitment at Morton seemed to have them clicking prior to him leaving and provided he is backed by the board then i reckon he will do alright for starters at least he will have seen the players he recruited unlike Hartley.

Long story short we cant do any worse and the only way is up providing the rest of the team get their collective fingers out their arses. Oh and we recruited a team that look like football players but are clearly not.

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

I'm struggling to understand why you have condensed Houston's record to just 7 games - is it just to make your point look better?

How do the stats look for both managers during their respective times at FFC?

How do they look over their managerial careers , I'm sure Houston has won the Scottish Cup at least once.   

You what? Are you clueless. Why would i bother including houstons record pre that season when im simply highlighting the fact that hartley improved the situation that season after houston left.  No one would argue that houston was a far better manager than hartley.  Can you no look into the context of the post before spouting your pish please. Fecks sake.