The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Are you the guy that posted this on the Falkirk forum?

Only thing more cringeworthy than this entire post is the replies congratulating this lunatic and not getting him the help he clearly needs.

OH MY F**KING GOD,  sadly i can confirm this is real....

In that guy's defence I remember the Brockville lynch mobs, when we were in a much better state than we are now.

Players used to have to exit the door at the back of the main stand and face the music. Stood there more than once with a couple of hundred others venting, more often at the board than players to be honest. Thats almost always where the ire should be focused. It happens. Or it used to.

Different stadium. Different fanbase. Different times. Different club. 

I left Saturday unsurprised and fairly unbothered by the defeat or performance. Numbed now. Can understand the guy's frustration, even if not his methods. 

Edited by Bairn Necessities

3 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

In that guy's defence I remember the Brockville lynch mobs, when we were in a much better state than we are now.

Players used to have to exit the door at the back of the main stand and face the music. Stood there more than once with a couple of hundred others venting, more often at the board than players to be honest. Thats almost always where the ire should be focused. It happens. Or it used to.

Different stadium. Different fanbase. Different times. Different club. 

I left Saturday unsurprised and fairly unbothered by the defeat or performance. Numbed now. Can understand the guy's frustration, even if not his methods. 

Not any more. Hartley is the best appointment the BOD have ever made. People blaming him for everything that's went wrong with the club, instead of where the blame truly lies.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Not any more. Hartley is the best appointment the BOD have ever made. People blaming him for everything that's went wrong with the club, instead of where the blame truly lies.

I think some of that is because we've moved away from the old style "owner" model. It was easier to blame a Fulston or a Deans than a MSG. More of an obvious hate figure than some incompetent employees put forward to manage the PR. 

Can’t fault his passion, and given there are very few other ways to vent the frustration, it’s not that surprising that it gets to (some) people like this.

I think mentally, we are now getting to the point where a number of these players are pretty much broken or at least close to it. Going into work must be anything but a pleasure, and in every game, you see the likes of Dallison just hacking or slashing at the ball just trying to put it anywhere other than in the box.

I think on Saturday, McKinnon reached the end of the road with a few of them in terms of trying to get a bit more out of them. He knows that virtually all of them simply don’t have what it takes. Even with his coaching skills and knowledge, he is now in the same place as the rest of us. Picking a consistent team will mean that team consistently being beaten.

There is precious little he can do to change it. Someone else touched on it, but a few will think they are ok, it’s the rest who aren’t up to it.....those ones truly don’t get it.

Back in the early days of North Sea oil, the guys who worked for the big players had a little phrase.....”always keep a contractor between you and the job/blame.”

In our case, the MSG are the big players, and Hartley was the contractor.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

11 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I think some of that is because we've moved away from the old style "owner" model. It was easier to blame a Fulston or a Deans than a MSG. More of an obvious hate figure than some incompetent employees put forward to manage the PR. 

It's getting ridiculous though.

No-one's denying the damage Hartley did over the summer. But there was someone on the COYB Facebook page earlier saying the reason Kerr and Miller weren't performing is because Hartley was bullying them.

The pair of them were utterly abysmal for the first two months of the season before Hartley even came in.

I blame the cereal-eaters as much as the BOD, by the way. Those fans who are happy enough with however we perform as long as they get a couple of hours out the house every other Saturday. "Ah well, next week, COYB".

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It's getting ridiculous though.

No-one's denying the damage Hartley did over the summer. But there was someone on the COYB Facebook page earlier saying the reason Kerr and Miller weren't performing is because Hartley was bullying them.

The pair of them were utterly abysmal for the first two months of the season before Hartley even came in.

There were a lot of rumours doing the rounds the other one being that Housite was being stitched up and they wanted rid so as someone else stepped into, which did happen just  not the ones concerned.

End of the day cant change the past but this has got to be the worst time ever of being a Bairn i cant recall many other moments as bad as this even the liquidation brought everyone together.

Just now, AL-FFC said:

There were a lot of rumours doing the rounds the other one being that Housite was being stitched up and they wanted rid so as someone else stepped into, which did happen just  not the ones concerned.

End of the day cant change the past but this has got to be the worst time ever of being a Bairn i cant recall many other moments as bad as this even the liquidation brought everyone together.

Nah, liquidation was worse. Back then you genuinely worried if we were going to have a football club each day or not.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Agree with all this but maybe now, with everything so bad, is the time for all the groups to come together to support the common cause - the rescuing of FFC.

i think the BOD should call a fans meeting, separate from the soon to be called AGM, at which they should lay their cards on the table, admit all the mistakes, and appeal for assistance from everyone who has the Club’s interests at heart.

They should report the current financial position (dire I would imagine), announce a new share issue appeal, ask Ray to summarise his plans to avoid relegation and engender a ‘survival sprit’ with regular updates to fans in the sprit of ‘openness and transparency’

BfL should be asked to update their current financial position and perhaps it could be converted into a share purchasing organisation which would NOT impinge on its policy of giving funds to the Manager of the day at the January window (estimate for this January ) is around £20k, I believe.

Just a few ideas but others welcome.

No point on just continually moaning and sympathising with the chap who confronted the players.

Action is needed quickly.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

See that complete lack of effort on Saturday, can anyone confirm that its because there is most definitely trialists who have done enough to get signed and we are just waiting on them being announced?

Anyone........     Please?

I'm just hoping another 4 get punted to make way for some new players :lol: