The Falkirk FC Thread

I would imagine every club will have something broadly similar. If it’s meant to be a high level capture of what the club does on one A4 sheet of paper, fair enough.

It’s not a plan, and really isn’t trying to be a plan. If they have business plan, it would be based on that sheet of paper, but clearly they didn’t have one or one that stood up to any sort of test, or we wouldn’t be where we are right now.

It’s obviously out of date. Doesn’t say that it’s a plan, so not sure I see the big deal here guys?

I mean yeah, have a pop at the mess we are in for sure. But an out of date piece of paper proves nothing - and the only evidence that matters is our league position so even if the plan was meticulously thought out....it would be as useful as that irrelevant piece of paper.

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Its probably a season out of date. Could well have been there last summer.

Absolute fucking minter though. You just know that useless clown walks about talking about growth mindsets 

We haven't been at the uni for years. Since the pitch was laid. I'd say it's a lot more than a season out of date. 

15 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

We haven't been at the uni for years. Since the pitch was laid. I'd say it's a lot more than a season out of date. 

I think Houston had them doing fitness training one pre-season when we still had Vaulks. That's a last time I remember it being mentioned.

Just watched the highlights. Brough and Dallison's defending for the Hippo goal is beyond bad. It's even worse than it looked in real time. Genuine amateur level of "let's both run to the ball, who cares if there are other people on the pitch". Gasparotto was an absolute train wreck if he had to run but positionally he looks like Maldini in comparison to either of these doing their very best Laurel and Hardie impression. 

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

They were using facilities at the Uni until fairly recently. Stirling Uni played their home games at TFS as part of the deal.

Of course, it’s death by Powerpoint, but capturing stuff like that for a specific audience is pretty standard fare.

Big companies will have reams of stuff like this swilling around their organisations every day.

It really doesn’t say anything good or bad about the club.  It certainly has a whiff of “social enterprise” about it, and is certainly the kind of thing a middle manager would produce, and then present to a BoD for their input on what they back, and what they don’t.

Fair enjoying people downplaying the club aiming for 8th in the Premiership as no big deal.
"Tell the Story" FFS.
Why would a football fan give any credence whatsoever to a load of LinkedIn style patter likely created by an expensive "Management Consultant" type?

I see patter like that at my work every day, as most probably do. Even when it (in theory) directly applies to me, it still gets ignored.

Its an absolute non story other than being a bit of a minter because of the language used.