The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Beating a team 13-0 in a friendly to open their new stadium is really bad form. Should've called off the dogs at 3 or 4. No need to run up the score. 

Dunipace actually lay down, so they could remember what scoring goals was like.

20 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Beating a team 13-0 in a friendly to open their new stadium is really bad form. Should've called off the dogs at 3 or 4. No need to run up the score. 

Agreed, maybe was just a frustration thing from the players. Wrong and certainly more needed on a Saturday afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

It's worrying just how awful the team is as a whole, even in Totten's last season we still at least had a young Lee Miller who was performing well consistently toward the end of the season yet this year there isn't a single player you could really say was hitting the minimum standard required. We've absolutely no options from the bench and I've not managed to see us score a goal yet never mind gain any points at home. I'd have bitten anyones hand off for a 0-0 borefest on Saturday.

Chances are Alloa and Dunfermline will be out of sight in January. Starting to worry about whether club will survive the drop to League 1. :(

You seem to think we're in a relegation battle. If we win our next game we could go third.

32 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We did something similar about 10 years ago.  Played Keith, I think it was, for one of their lads testimonial.  Ended up beating them 8 or 9 nil.  Marius Niculae was playing ffs.  Absolutely no need for it.

12 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We've got Dobbie, you've got Muirhead,    I go to sleep every night with a smile on my face. 

Ok, fair enough I suppose I'd gloat at that too but if/when he goes you guys are going to be a bang average side again. I know we're the worst side in the league before you start but we'll get better again. It's just our turn for now to be brutal, it'll be someone else's turn soon.

BTW, we deserve all we're getting just now IMO.  We (some of us) bought into Hartley's pish along with our cluster fcuk of a boards nonsense.  

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We did something similar about 10 years ago.  Played Keith, I think it was, for one of their lads testimonial.  Ended up beating them 8 or 9 nil.  Marius Niculae was playing ffs.  Absolutely no need for it.

We're lucky nobody put the boot into one of our players.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We're lucky nobody put the boot into one of our players.

5 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I believe the word you were looking for is "unlucky" not "lucky"

Was just thinking that. :lol:

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Do you know on Saturday half the Board were not even at the game. All on holiday at the same time. It actually shows me how little they actually do that 50% of them can afford time off together.

We desperately need people in there who are going to rally the troops and get their hands dirty rather than swan about with the “I am a director of FFC” attitude.

Outside KK not one Director came anywhere near hospitality on Saturday and it was exactly the same at the DU game.

There is definitely a huge amount of "swanning about" and fan avoidance with that lot.

Contrast that with directors at Leeds United -, Managing Director Angus Kinnear & Director of Football Victor Orta (wearing a "Against Modern Football" hoodie )in the away end at Hillsborough , and Orta celebrating wildly with the Chairman  Andrea Radrizzani on Saturday. .That's the BOD you want 

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/victor-orta-leeds-united-celebration-15246831   

0_Mooney-Orta-Kinnear.jpg

Edited by Hank von Hell

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Given the current situation that we find ourselves in any director going near hospitality would be like entering the lions den and no one in there right mind would do that.

That situation just goes round in cycles and has been the case for years. Dis-trust and no togetherness. Board are all arseholes....fans abuse the board......board avoid fans.....board are remote...board are all arseholes....fans abuse the board.....board avoid fans...board are remote etc etc etc.

I assume our CEO’s keyboard must be broken? You know,  the guy who promised to communicate with the fans?

I would love to know this guy’s credentials for running the football side of the business, by the way. Anyone shed any light?

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

There is definitely a huge amount of "swanning about" and fan avoidance with that lot.

Contrast that with directors at Leeds United -, Managing Director Angus Kinnear & Director of Football Victor Orta (wearing a "Against Modern Football" hoodie )in the away end at Hillsborough , and Orta celebrating wildly with the Chairman  Andrea Radrizzani on Saturday. .That's the BOD you want 

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/victor-orta-leeds-united-celebration-15246831   

0_Mooney-Orta-Kinnear.jpg

I'd love to see Martin Ritchie in Stone Island. That would shake them up.:lol:

1 hour ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Ok, fair enough I suppose I'd gloat at that too but if/when he goes you guys are going to be a bang average side again. I know we're the worst side in the league before you start but we'll get better again. It's just our turn for now to be brutal, it'll be someone else's turn soon.

BTW, we deserve all we're getting just now IMO.  We (some of us) bought into Hartley's pish along with our cluster fcuk of a boards nonsense.  

They're bang average with him for fecks sake. They're missing the boat big time surrounding him with absolute donkeys. Best chance Queens will ever have to get into the top flight and yet they've been nowhere near promotion . We're just as bad. Crowd of 6000 plus Saturday and averaging over 4000. Budget isnt going to get any bigger than  it is just now and yet we're pishing it down the drain on players that are more likely to get us relegated.  Fans arent going to hang about for long and then the budget only goes one way.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I reckon that's the least of our worries just now. Pumping Dunipace is at the end of a very long queue at the moment.

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Given the current situation that we find ourselves in any director going near hospitality would be like entering the lions den and no one in there right mind would do that.

Watching McKinnons post match and he pretty much said himself there is no quality shown on Saturday and he had said that to the players, Dallison may look like a football player but defender he is not Harrison has something Brough shown glimpses he can do a job but that's about it if RM can get us out of this mess he is a miracle worker is all am saying, but it looks as if its taking its toll already he has went from cheery upbeat to the "you cnuts have broken me".

"Harrison has something"

What? Sciatica?

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The majority of yesterday's team was a bunch of youth players who finished bottom of the U20 league last season, have been turned over in most reserve games this season and who got called "embarrasing, shameful" etc when they lost 5-1 to Utd in their last game. I doubt many of them will manage to have a career in the game, never mind get another professional club if we release them at the end of the season. 

When you're at the bottom everyone kicks you. Continuously. Suddenly those boys found themselves playing in a game where they're not only competing but able to do well, and you want them to ease up? 

Aidan Laverty scored a hattrick yesterday. I've never seen him score even one for us before. Knowing Aidan, he'll have walked into the club this morning with a big cheesy grin on his face.  He and he and his teammates, at least, will be able to hold their heads up when the senior pros ask how they got on.

Good for them. It's not their fault that the opposition chose to put out a weakened team, as someone alleged earlier in the thread.  They turned in a performance and maybe even gave the manager something to think about. The trialists maybe gave themselves a chance of a contract, or at least another game to show what they can do.. Kev's hattrick reminded the new management that they still have a striker who knows where the goals are. 

Would you like to tell any of those guys that it was bad form for them to try and impress? 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Would you like to tell any of those guys that it was bad form for them to try and impress? 

Were Dunipace not playing old coaching staff, the kit man and the tea lady?

I don’t think anyone is impressed. I’m surprised we didn’t give Alex Totten half an hour.

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

I assume our CEO’s keyboard must be broken? You know,  the guy who promised to communicate with the fans?

I would love to know this guy’s credentials for running the football side of the business, by the way. Anyone shed any light?

"You're gonna need a bigger kettle"

16 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yes. It's not a major problem but I find it disrespectful to get invited to play against a local community side who don't pay players for the opening of their new stadium, in a friendly, and then proceed to run up the scoreline.