The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, oot_the_loop said:

And apologies for anyone that sits near me in the south stand as you've heard this every second week for about 3 years but for fuxake can we stop the Muirhead long throws? The last time it worked, mchugh scored from a vaulks throw. 

It was the same when we scored from a long corner to the back post a few years ago, we then did every corner the same for around the next 2 seasons! 

4 minutes ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

Is McDonald not on the telly at the moment? 

Could well be. Got a text early afternoon saying these guys were turning out for us today. Text came from a friend who is close to Lex Miller. Could all be nonsense though 

And apologies for anyone that sits near me in the south stand as you've heard this every second week for about 3 years but for fuxake can we stop the Muirhead long throws? The last time it worked, mchugh scored from a vaulks throw. 
Bizarrely perhaps, the only time I was slightly worried you'd do something yesterday was when you took those long throws. It looked like your best avenue for causing any panic in our backline since you didn't get any crosses in of any note. I'd have thought that long throws would be something that could be used as a different option and when you're a goal down at home it's fair enough that you'd try it.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Hartley on Sportsound this afternoon. Couldn’t give the wee clown a red neck with a blowtorch.

You mean the same Hartley who was "The Man",  "The Don",  during pre-season for thinking outside the box and signing relative unknowns who would have Falkirk challenging at the top of the table 'cos the usual type of "jobbers" had failed before.   The same Hartley who had a lot of Falkirk fans creaming in their pants with his "innovative"  signings and who triggered a surge in PH avatars.  There's more than Hartley should have red necks at the turnaround in their views thanks to the wonder of hindsight. Yes he failed miserably but you were all gullible enough to share "the vision". 

34 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Never mind the trebuchet, we're gonna have to get Mons Meg working again to fit in more than one at a time :( 

trebuchet is gone its this we need for the clearout we need to have:

MLRS.jpg

Quite apt they are called launch tubes 

Edited by AL-FFC

You mean the same Hartley who was "The Man",  "The Don",  during pre-season for thinking outside the box and signing relative unknowns who would have Falkirk challenging at the top of the table 'cos the usual type of "jobbers" had failed before.   The same Hartley who had a lot of Falkirk fans creaming in their pants with his "innovative"  signings and who triggered a surge in PH avatars.  There's more than Hartley should have red necks at the turnaround in their views thanks to the wonder of hindsight. Yes he failed miserably but you were all gullible enough to share "the vision". 
Cool. Cheers bro.

So we go with

Mitchell

RB CH McGhee Brough

CM Buaben CM

Petra Rudden FW. 

And fill the other positions with and many of the reserve ayers as we can? Because at this point, the young lads can only be better than the "professional" dross that we have week in week out. 

20 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

download.jpeg

Do you feel better now?

4 minutes ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

So we go with

Mitchell

RB CH McGhee Brough

CM Buaben CM

Petra Rudden FW. 

And fill the other positions with and many of the reserve ayers as we can? Because at this point, the young lads can only be better than the "professional" dross that we have week in week out. 

Mitchells first start in the league was against Morton I think, cant see Fasan being dropped yet, should be as Mitchell would add more to our backline than Fasan.

Unless we get a right back in and is fit, I expect Muirhead to remain there, not ideal but its what we have been left with, Id revert to a 4-2-3-1 for now, McGhee and Brough centre halves, Robson left back and I would have Russell at right back, sitting two Muirhead and Bauben, leaves Petra Irving Lewis and Rudden.

I wonder if Bauben will be fit for Morton, if he isnt fit for a place on the bench yesterday you wonder how fit he is, at least we have almost two week to concern ourselves with all things Falkirk Fc

You will sleep like a baby tonight now.

17 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Mitchells first start in the league was against Morton I think, cant see Fasan being dropped yet, should be as Mitchell would add more to our backline than Fasan.

Unless we get a right back in and is fit, I expect Muirhead to remain there, not ideal but its what we have been left with, Id revert to a 4-2-3-1 for now, McGhee and Brough centre halves, Robson left back and I would have Russell at right back, sitting two Muirhead and Bauben, leaves Petra Irving Lewis and Rudden.

I wonder if Bauben will be fit for Morton, if he isnt fit for a place on the bench yesterday you wonder how fit he is, at least we have almost two week to concern ourselves with all things Falkirk Fc

Mitchell

Muirhead McGhee Brough

Russell Sammut Buaben Irving Robson

Petra Rudden

That's the way I'd go as things stand whilst hoping that we can get a couple in before the Morton game.