The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, AGPar said:

And if he's said that, it's very, very poor on his part, all the more so considering he's meant to be the captain. The likes of him, Haber, McKee, Paton all have experience of, and a background in, Scottish football and have, to a man, been every bit as stinking as any of those from down south. Sounds like he's trying to pass the buck, or maybe his man-of-the-match performance has gone to his head, either way there cannot be many Falkirk fans who haven't had their fill of this guy, he's long outstayed his welcome.

Hold on, he got man of the match? Only player in our team was Irving. The rest were completely abysmal.

5 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

He’s managing a group of players who largely shouldn’t be full time professional footballers. Take 3/4 players out that squad and they’d struggle in League 2.

I think you are spot on. I did a quick background check of the squad for Dunfermline game. It's quite scary really. You would have to excuse the younger players I guess. Need 4/5 good pros in the right positions. 

And if he's said that, it's very, very poor on his part, all the more so considering he's meant to be the captain. The likes of him, Haber, McKee, Paton all have experience of, and a background in, Scottish football and have, to a man, been every bit as stinking as any of those from down south. Sounds like he's trying to pass the buck, or maybe his man-of-the-match performance has gone to his head, either way there cannot be many Falkirk fans who haven't had their fill of this guy, he's long outstayed his welcome.

Eh, what has he said here that’s wrong?
He’s said what everyone is thinking and to me, irrespective of his ability, it’s refreshing to hear our captain speak the plain truth to our support.
I have long had the impression that there are a few in that team who rate themselves way beyond their ability.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Tell you something, the BOD must be absolutely loving the fact they appointed Hartley. Loads of fans blaming him for everything that's gone wrong with the club over the past decade. The BOD are getting off virtually Scot-free because of it.

The board were invited into get involved to assist Mr Ritchie (good guy but tired of the burden involved in running the show). Our lady lawyer is a lifelong fan and a well meaning nice person. The guy who used to work at the CSA and sexy lexy mmmm nuff said about their credentials by others on here, but never the less they enjoy their role as it allows them some quodos up the toon. 

If you look at our accounts compared to other similar sized but much more successful clubs one thing stands out. The number of persons having a say in running the place. It seems to me that a bunch of do-gooders with nae cash or gravitas in the game (other clubs laugh at our tea party approach) are not likely to outsmart the battle hardened rogues who run the game in Scotland. 

Even although the world has moved on Fitba is still a guts n snorter business where street smart chancers are in abundance and winners are more hard as nails than book smart. 

To be fair to the current  board why should they move aside they have had a very enjoyable run with Saturdays oot mixing with real businessmen. They might be inclined to give it up if these Saturdays are to be spent in Arbroath and montrose rather than Parkheed or Sevco lounge (now they could meet a right few to learn from in there) but overall why should they. So all you guys hoping for a turn in fortunes by getting in some new players or tinkering with the football management or Coaching roles will only continue to be disappointed. We need a half daft comited owner with more money than sense to buy out Martin and build  a win philophosy from the top down. Until that happens we will need to keep on  suffering,! So I don't think the board get off Scot free they get quite a bit of stick probably but not e ough it seems to make them reconsider, and anyway unless someone buys him out then Martin will just look around for replacements  for our current committee. If they have any sense though they should sack our CEO as most fans are not impressed by his performance. I'm sure there would be plenty of applicants from the fan base with more relevant experience than running the homeless world Cup who would do a better job for a third of his wage. That person should be elected by the Shareholders though not appointed by the board we've had enough of George Craig Campbell Craig or that politician who prattled on about brexit on our official website. So until that happens we can continue with the Third Lanark project for now. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think you are spot on. I did a quick background check of the squad for Dunfermline game. It's quite scary really. You would have to excuse the younger players I guess. Need 4/5 good pros in the right positions. 

Take the loan players and McGhee out of that Falkirk side, and replace them with signed Falkirk players, and they would lose every single game this season. No draws. They would lose every single game.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Eh, what has he said here that’s wrong?
He’s said what everyone is thinking and to me, irrespective of his ability, it’s refreshing to hear our captain speak the plain truth to our support.
I have long had the impression that there are a few in that team who rate themselves way beyond their ability.

He's implying that we're in this situation because of "that lot from down south". That will do wonders for dressing room morale. And your assertion that he's speaking the plain truth is utterly nonsensical, if he was doing that he'd be admitting that they have all, pretty much to a man, been utterly woeful this season and are collectively and equally responsible for the worst start to a league season in the club's history and the worst run of form and performances in decades. There really could not be a more suitable captain for this bunch.

32 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

While the summer recruitment is very much largely to blame, surely McKinnon has been in charge long enough to at least make them compete? Seems too much like the free pass Hartley was given for poor results, with all the blame dished out on the players or Houston.

In hindsight, Hartley should have been under more pressure with his shite start since his team was full of established Championship players who finished 2nd the season before.

What Hartley has left McKinnon with is nothing less than a crime.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Tell you something, the BOD must be absolutely loving the fact they appointed Hartley. Loads of fans blaming him for everything that's gone wrong with the club over the past decade. The BOD are getting off virtually Scot-free because of it.

Not saying the board aren’t to blame as well, but Hartley is the guy who’s paid to assemble a team and what he’s done has utterly fucked this club. There’s not a single player he’s signed that I would want to keep.

1 minute ago, JinkyBairn said:

Not saying the board aren’t to blame as well, but Hartley is the guy who’s paid to assemble a team and what he’s done has utterly fucked this club. There’s not a single player he’s signed that I would want to keep.

The club were fucked long before Hartley came in. He's just the latest symptom.

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

He's implying that we're in this situation because of "that lot from down south". That will do wonders for dressing room morale.

It never fails to amaze me how many of our supporters think that McKinnon, players or even the BOD should be coming out in public and saying how shite everyone is.

We've got to try to wring a tune out of this mob for three months yet.

He's implying that we're in this situation because of "that lot from down south". That will do wonders for dressing room morale. And your assertion that he's speaking the plain truth is utterly nonsensical, if he was doing that he'd be admitting that they have all, pretty much to a man, been utterly woeful this season and are collectively and equally responsible for the worst start to a league season in the club's history and the worst run of form and performances in decades. There really could not be a more suitable captain for this bunch.

“We all need to get a grip or we are in big trouble..”
Sounds like collective responsibility to me.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You surely aren't paying £1200 a month for Haber :lol:

£1200 a week actually. Yesterday for our cash we got 5 attempts to win the ball in the air (  4 of them lost to a guy 4 inches smaller and he  headed the fifth on to a pars defender) and one lumbering run down the wing that resulted in a throw in  for the pars.  Oh plus a few attempts at putting the defender under pressure by strolling  in his general direction. He did politely stay back to shake all of his opponents hands but never once looked up towards the support that pay his f___ING ridiculous wage. 

Edited by Stainrod

37 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Take the loan players and McGhee out of that Falkirk side, and replace them with signed Falkirk players, and they would lose every single game this season. No draws. They would lose every single game.

Had a go at this

Fasan

Muirhead Harrison Dallison Brough 

Kidd McKee Buaben Russell Dunne 

Petravicius

Grim. 

26 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It never fails to amaze me how many of our supporters think that McKinnon, players or even the BOD should be coming out in public and saying how shite everyone is.

We've got to try to wring a tune out of this mob for three months yet.

McKinnon near enough said it in his post match interview yesterday tbf. 

You doubt there's one player bar maybe Rudden and Buaben that McKinnon would like to keep given the choice. 

Looking at the fixtures until Jan is a grim prospect. We've got 11 league games til then. One being a must win Alloa (h). I could see that being our only potential win until the transfer window. Reading the fixtures list.. none of them look appealing. Ayr, Thistle and Morton at home maybe targets for a scabby solitary win out of.  

Something like 2 wins (if 1 is v Alloa) , a Draw and 8 defeats would be pretty decent 

Sad statto question but can anyone remember our shot on target yesterday? All reports have it but I can't remember it. Can only think they are counting petra heading it into the gk arm from 40 yards at the kick off...

Reason I ask is I've been at 3 of 4 home games this year and can only remember 3 or 4 shots on target. Grim as f*ck