The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Robbie Thomson and Rory Loy( although I believe he turned down offers from teams above us)ok, but those 2 are very much exceptions to the rule.

Where is Luca Gasparotto these days I understand he was released by Morton at the end of last season? And Robbie Mutch is technically at the Sons

Edited by ATB1961
update

Never before has so much shit been assembled in one place at one time. It's really takes a special kid of talent to go out and sign so many bad players. 

I mean, even flailing wildly, you'd expect a couple of signings to be decent. But f**k, even the ones that should be are getting sucked down by the wankers around them. 

40 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Robbie Thomson and Rory Loy( although I believe he turned down offers from teams above us)ok, but those 2 are very much exceptions to the rule.

I can't believe of the attraction of either Raith or Dumbarton and doubt either pay more than the Championship, Premier League or anywhere in England,,,,, but I may be wrong??

McKinnon’s interview is probably the first time where he has made it abundantly clear that the players simple aren’t good enough. Mentally up for it, yes they are. Good enough, they certainly aren’t.

He mentioned the “quality” word often enough to make sure we all got the message that he knows what we all already knew. He knows he is caught between a rock and a hard place, and he has certainly got his work cut out with the bunch he has inherited.

In the plus column, we have three points, and we have actually won a game. That plus column might well remain the same until Christmas time. Deep joy.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

I thought it was an interesting interview from Mackinnon. He basically said what we all know that the players aren't good enough and a lot will be going in January. I hope he doesn't tell individual players that they're the ones leaving though or they'll start to down tools like what happened with Hartley last season.

Very honest interview from Ray; I think there must be a few players wondering about their future after his candid comments. I think that there has been far too much sugar coating so far this season. Reading between the lines it's obviously time to shape up or ship out.... the players must now know this. Let's hope they react positively to their manager's warnings otherwise they know the alternative.

Edited by ATB1961
typo

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I thought it was an interesting interview from Mackinnon. He basically said what we all know that the players aren't good enough and a lot will be going in January. I hope he doesn't tell individual players that they're the ones leaving though or they'll start to down tools like what happened with Hartley last season.

Based on today, would anyone notice if they downed tools?

Would anyone notice if they actually did down tools?....

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

What was the league table like at the start of January? The first point in time when he could realistically have done anything about our abysmal squad?

This keeps getting mooted but your squad wasn't utterly abysmal, certainly not as bad as it was now, going stale with a lack of leadership? Aye. Did your caretaker not win both his games in charge? If Hartley had came in and tried to motivate the team rather than telling them all to bolt you might have had a better form running upto January and given yourself half a chance of the promotion playoffs. 

1 hour ago, ATB1961 said:

I can't believe of the attraction of either Raith or Dumbarton and doubt either pay more than the Championship, Premier League or anywhere in England,,,,, but I may be wrong??

Dumbarton were offering a good package with there apprentice on the rails tbf, there were a couple of championship teams interested in Loy apparently. 

42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Would anyone notice if they actually did down tools?....

If today was what they could produce giving their all I dread to think what them not trying would look like.

Edited by EdiBairn