The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

if it indeed looks like we are not saving any money (might even be costing us) by releasing these 4 then I can only think it's for two reasons one being to send a message out to the other players and that lack of attitude quality fitness won't be tolerated and possibly that he wants to improve the harmony in the dressing room and for whatever reason thinks these 4 going will improve the remain unit

Suspect McKinnon is being fair and straight with the players, Unlikely to get a game so better to take a pay off and try to get your career going elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As for the goalkeeper loan, either this was done last Friday and runs to Jan 1st and has only  just been announced, or it's a 7 day emergency loan, albeit one that can be renewed every 7 days until Dumbarton's keeper is fit. I presume it's more likely the latter.

Seven day emergency loan for Mutch, aye. Though apparently Adam's injury is quite serious, so I would imagine he'll be with us for a wee while.

4 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Seven day emergency loan for Mutch, aye. Though apparently Adam's injury is quite serious, so I would imagine he'll be with us for a wee while.

Hasnt he been injured since before the loan window closed? In the circumstances I think you are maybe a wee bit lucky to get it allowed. They did say they would be much harder in allowing these only in cases of genuine emergency.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Hasnt he been injured since before the loan window closed? In the circumstances I think you are maybe a wee bit lucky to get it allowed. They did say they would be much harder in allowing these only in cases of genuine emergency.

I've no idea to be honest. I think he played through an unspecified injury at Airdrie, but only made the bench last week and now faces a back operation that (in the words of Stevie Aitken) "might finish him off".  

I'd imagine the Airdrie injury was his back too, but we might've been waiting on a scan before acting.

Could add another 4 or 5 to that list but at least we're doing something now rather than later. Hopefully Mckinnon can bring in better quality,wouldn't be hard mind you.

Still looking for the thread where everyone was complaining that the summer signings weren't being vetted,I'm still looking. Hindsights great as a footy fan.

21 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Could add another 4 or 5 to that list but at least we're doing something now rather than later. Hopefully Mckinnon can bring in better quality,wouldn't be hard mind you.

Still looking for the thread where everyone was complaining that the summer signings weren't being vetted,I'm still looking. Hindsights great as a footy fan.

Everyone would've been racing on here to complain if these signings had been 'vetted' by Lang, Ritchie and co.

Heard another 3 players have been offered packages to leave the now and are mulling it over. Just hoping its for to allow new players in and not just cutting the wage bill.

How will it either free up wages or cut the wage bill?

It will be costing money this exercise whatever happens

9 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

The end of Haber and Sammut's loans wouldn't surprise me either.

It does seem like "up for the fight" is among the criteria Ray is using. I echo the surprise of some about Mackin getting emptied rather than Haber. Perhaps Haber or Dundee dug their heels in. Can't see him getting gone now. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It does seem like "up for the fight" is among the criteria Ray is using. I echo the surprise of some about Mackin getting emptied rather than Haber. Perhaps Haber or Dundee dug their heels in. Can't see him getting gone now. 

Maybe but I reckon he is hanging onto him long enough to get someone else in, better to have shite back up than no back up. I think he will be a January return to Dundee.

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Surely you'd offer them a lower amount of redundancy pay than their wages for the rest of the season. The club saves on NI etc too.

I do agree it's been an expensive clusterfuck but it could free up space in the budget for a January signing. Otherwise why bother?

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Exactly. The level of ignorance about how this works is frightening. Like McKinnon has just called them into his office, handed them a P45 and wished them all the best. These guys had contracts, they're not going to voluntarily rip them up and walk away with nothing. Because the  transfer window is closed they are now effectively unemployable until January, so it's a safe bet that they will still be receiving a full wage until then. All that has really happened today is that they've been advised they are not part of the plans and told not to bother coming in any more. The idea that this somehow frees up wages for other players is a million miles wide of the mark. I'd love to know how much we have spent paying off dud managers, assistant managers, superscouts and players over the past 12 months. Incompetence on an industrial scale does not come cheap.

Everyone would've been racing on here to complain if these signings had been 'vetted' by Lang, Ritchie and co.

It was/is their plan. It is a shit fest. Enough said.

It was like Hänsel and Gretel being led on by sweeties and cakes

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Falkirk don't "hold" their registrations but they can't sign elsewhere professionally without an open window. They could go to a level which doesn't use windows (which in Scotland means Lowland League or below). I don't think they'll be able to go to England or anywhere else even below windows level as that would require an international clearance application through FIFA and that can't be done outwith a window unless they were free agents before the window closed or unless they get themselves reinstated as amateurs (requires not to have played professionally for at least 28 days).

They COULD go sign professionally in a country where the window is currently open or will be imminently (I don't know when the Australian window opens for instance). Also I don't think North Cyprus is in FIFA, perhaps Froxylias is going to kick a ball there for a while?

The boy on loan from Port Vale is completely screwed. Unless he's also being released by them he's stuck in limbo until January 1st as he can't go back to Port Vale either. Presumably it was made clear he wasn't going to play at all and he may as well at least go home and stop incurring accommodation costs up here.

You've probably paid them off in a lump sum and called it redundancy which will save on the tax and NI at least.

As for the goalkeeper loan, either this was done last Sunday and runs to Jan 1st and has only  just been announced, or it's a 7 day emergency loan, albeit one that can be renewed every 7 days until Dumbarton's keeper is fit. I presume it's more likely the latter.

My understanding of redundancy is that the position can't then be filled. Employers can get round that by renaming the job but that obviously can't be done at a football club. (Well with players at least).

It could be an incentive for a player to take a deal though as redundancy payments are tax free up to £30k. 

Better not be fuckin Robson! :angry:
Good solid player with the added benefit that he could help with recruiting Nelson on loan.

Robson has become a better player through not playing. Whilst it made sense to play him when Brough was injured (and we played McGhee instead), think it’s well established he is a better wing back than a full back. The goal at Ross County being proof of that. Again, like Froxy, this is the second manager who isn’t playing him. I would be happy to keep him around the squad but wouldn’t be absolutely gutted if he went either.

No chance Nelson is coming back either btw, with or without Robson.

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

I think you'll find I had a thread called 'project hartley', which was heavily criticised by the Don's  sycophants.