The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

@Skyline Drifter how does this work? Can they play no football until January?

I don't see what the benefit is for the players to agree to this. 

We've probably paid them a lump sum that's equivalent to their salary until January or perhaps even further than that, and this allows them to immediately begin the process of searching for a new club even if they can't actually play for one until January.

Delighted to hear this. Mackin in particular was a very odd signing- the guy wasn't good enough for a side that was promoted via the playoffs so how was he ever going to be good enough for a title winning squad?

Hopefully there are 5 or 6 more to go soon.

I didn't think they were up to much, just surprised at the timing.  Froxy could have been a player if you put 10,000 volt up his jaxy to get him moving at more than walking pace and Greenwood was the only good thing about the QOS game, showing a few flashes of a real winger.  In saying that, none of them will be missed.

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Nope - Falkirk hold their registrations until January as they held them when the window shut. Hartley surely can’t get another management  job in Scottish football after the mess he’s left at Falkirk. 

ah i see...said the blind man. didnae know, forgive my ignorance.

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Delighted to hear this. Mackin in particular was a very odd signing- the guy wasn't good enough for a side that was promoted via the playoffs so how was he ever going to be good enough for a title winning squad?

Hopefully there are 5 or 6 more to go soon.

agree - im hoping this is to free up money to get a few free agents in the door that mckinnon has his eye on that can spice up the first 11.

Could be that these are the guys to accept the offer. A few will have been having their accommodation paid for, so I guess that will cease immediately.

Froxy could have been a joy in a team capable of winning games with ten men. However, McKinnon clearly has a need for grafters in the team, and so Hartley’s scattergun approach to recruitment has to be dismantled. I was sure some would leave before January either through contract pay outs, or because they were far from home, and not in the least bit happy.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Greenwood had showed some signs of promise. As for Froxy, I'm a little surprised at that one too, hadn't done a lot but maybe like Austin was taking time to adapt to full time football. Mackin and Turner were stinking though, good riddance to the pair of them  

Didn’t see Froxy being one of them but can’t complain of the rest.

Well that came out of nowhere!
Sorry to see Froxy go but a statement of intent from the manager.
There is hope!

Surprised at these reactions. He’s not been given a chance by two managers for a reason. A number 10 that needs a team to be built around him to be fair to him, and especially with McKinnon, we aren’t playing that formation now. May be one of a few players who ends up playing better for another team in the future but if it allows us to sign better players elsewhere, I have no issue.