The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Robbie Mutch then lads? 

Rumours that he's heading our way on an emergency loan with Grant Adam out injured.

2 hours ago, Russ said:

He’s obviously still young and learning but I think he’s do absolutely fine in League 1 and like has been said he’s far better than our current number 1.

He got chucked into the team around December last year and had a few decent games but also that absolute howler against Dunfermline which must’ve shattered his confidence. Started the last game of the season at home to St. Mirren and he was fantastic keeping a clean sheet and deservedly MoM. Only started one game this season at home to Forfar where he gave away a penalty in the first 10 minutes after taking a heavy touch and fouling the striker but saved it and grew in confidence the rest of the game.

He’s decent with the ball at his feet and he likes quick distribution always looking to see if there’s a pass on as soon as he gets it. Of course it goes without saying he’s better than Grant Adam.

Does Ross Perry get a regular start for you guys? Any ‘keeper would struggle playing behind that c**t.

That two minute period in the game v Forfar sums the laddie up. Gave away a daft penalty then promptly saved it and then the rebound as well!

He looks to have great potential and we recently tied him up on a 3 year deal.  Arbroath fans would disagree though as he was on loan to them a couple of seasons back when he was with Aberdeen and I saw a few poor comments about him on here. He must have been only about 17/18 or so at the time however!

I think a loan spell would do him good as I'd rather he was learning from his mistakes somewhere else than in our 1st team.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:
Froxy, Turner, Mackin and Greenwood all released. The exodus begins, again..

Did not see that coming tbh.

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Did not see that coming!

People will talk

Possibly we've just paid them to f**k off?
I imagine so but thought players might want to stay till the end of the year to try and keep fitness up for singing for a new club. Although none of them were exactly up to fitness already.

Wow

I thought there was some talent in Froxy, Mackin and Greenwood but it's clear McKinnon needs to make room in the budget and these guys will be able to train with their new clubs (if they find them) ahead of signing in January so might be able to hit the ground running (or jogging in the case of Froxy)

Dan Turner looked awful both times I saw him and the fact that none of these guys could make our first team even when we have been so poor speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, faedenny said:

would they not become free agents as no longer under contract and as such be able to sign for a club outwith transfer window....

Nope - Falkirk hold their registrations until January as they held them when the window shut. Hartley surely can’t get another management  job in Scottish football after the mess he’s left at Falkirk. 

would they not become free agents as no longer under contract and as such be able to sign for a club outwith transfer window....

Nah pretty sure if your under contract with a club at the end of the transfer window you can't sign for another club until the next transfer window even if released between the windows.