The Falkirk FC Thread

Would have Mojo in for Farid  and probably Hughes for Miller otherwise couldn't really argue with that team.

Lots of conjecture about players from different eras.

However any side anyone would pick would have include John White, Geordie Gibson, Kevin McAllister, Simon Stainrod and Russell Latapy

You could fit loads and loads around those 5.

Just now, Stuperman01 said:

Would be some gamble by Ray to allow any keeper to leave given how rank Fasan has been in the last few games. 

We'll take him instead if you want?

If he can take a goal kick without landing the ball in the dugout he'll be an improvement on Adam.

8 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

We'll take him instead if you want?

If he can take a goal kick without landing the ball in the dugout he'll be an improvement on Adam.

To be fair, this was easily his worst game for us but he’s prone to schoolboy mistakes every game. At the tail end of last season after a run of games he appeared to be improving when the pressure of relegation was lifted. Decent at commanding his area and coming for corners etc. I’d have honestly played him over Fasan. Hopefully if he does go it means Mitchell is fit for us.

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

McGovern was excellent but managed to let Alex Harris score past him from 25 yards so can't be in any best XI I'm afraid.

He's gone now you can let that one go, mind you we have near enough a full starting 11 and substitutes including reserves that you can take aim at now.

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

McGovern was excellent but managed to let Alex Harris score past him from 25 yards so can't be in any best XI I'm afraid.

Harris couldn't have meant that. I reckon he saw one of our guys coming in to tackle him so he just belted the ball away as hard as he could. It would only be after he looked up that he realised he was facing the goal at the time !

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Harris couldn't have meant that. I reckon he saw one of our guys coming in to tackle him so he just belted the ball away as hard as he could. It would only be after he looked up that he realised he was facing the goal at the time !

Should've been saved plus it deflected off big Dodds.. McGovern was a good keeper but he fecked up that day and it cost us. unfortunately.

Edited by Shodwall cat

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Should've been saved. McGowan was a good keeper but he fecked up that day and it cost us. unfortunately.

I didn't think he was even all that good a defender, never saw him in goal right enough so can't really comment.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Robbie Mutch then lads? 

Rumours that he's heading our way on an emergency loan with Grant Adam out injured.

I think he's got a lot of potential for his age and has had a couple of excellent games for us. He is liable to have a calamity at any moment though.

I think a decent run as No1 for a team will do him the world of good.

Edited by ilostmyself

Robbie Mutch then lads? 
Rumours that he's heading our way on an emergency loan with Grant Adam out injured.

He’s obviously still young and learning but I think he’s do absolutely fine in League 1 and like has been said he’s far better than our current number 1.

He got chucked into the team around December last year and had a few decent games but also that absolute howler against Dunfermline which must’ve shattered his confidence. Started the last game of the season at home to St. Mirren and he was fantastic keeping a clean sheet and deservedly MoM. Only started one game this season at home to Forfar where he gave away a penalty in the first 10 minutes after taking a heavy touch and fouling the striker but saved it and grew in confidence the rest of the game.

He’s decent with the ball at his feet and he likes quick distribution always looking to see if there’s a pass on as soon as he gets it. Of course it goes without saying he’s better than Grant Adam.

Does Ross Perry get a regular start for you guys? Any ‘keeper would struggle playing behind that c**t.

How can you only have 1 player from the squad that achieved our 2nd highest league position in 50 years and leave out the best player from that squad ? Very bizarre.
Krul, Uras, Aafjes, Barr, Kingsley, McAllister, Arfield, Riera, Latapy, Stainrod, Stokes

I fucking loved Gerard Aafjes.

Still makes me angry that Yogi kept him out the team for so long or would chuck him at right/left back when he was quite comfortably our best centre-back.

He could teach Aero a few things about long diagonals.

15 minutes ago, Russ said:

He’s obviously still young and learning but I think he’s do absolutely fine in League 1 and like has been said he’s far better than our current number 1.

He got chucked into the team around December last year and had a few decent games but also that absolute howler against Dunfermline which must’ve shattered his confidence. Started the last game of the season at home to St. Mirren and he was fantastic keeping a clean sheet and deservedly MoM. Only started one game this season at home to Forfar where he gave away a penalty in the first 10 minutes after taking a heavy touch and fouling the striker but saved it and grew in confidence the rest of the game.

He’s decent with the ball at his feet and he likes quick distribution always looking to see if there’s a pass on as soon as he gets it. Of course it goes without saying he’s better than Grant Adam.

Does Ross Perry get a regular start for you guys? Any ‘keeper would struggle playing behind that c**t.

Perry has spent most of the season injured, but returned to the side last Saturday...and look what happened. I think he's injured again though. If nothing else young Robbie should get plenty of practice playing behind him.

34 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I think he's got a lot of potential for his age and has had a couple of excellent games for us. He is liable to have a calamity at any moment though.

I think a decent run as No1 for a team will do him the world of good.

Cheers guys. Sounds like an upgrade on what we have. Adam is a catastrophe with the ball at his feet, so someone who can take a goal kick sounds positive.

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Can't be having Maurice Johnston in any best of sides. He did a good job at the tail end of his career, but best XI? Nah...

Missing the point I think, it's a best team made up of players I have seen, not a best 11 (hence no John White as mentioned by BPM).

Johnston would have run riot playing alongside Latapy, McAllister and Stainrod.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Missing the point I think, it's a best team made up of players I have seen, not a best 11 (hence no John White as mentioned by BPM).

Johnston would have run riot playing alongside Latapy, McAllister and Stainrod.

Marshall, Weir, Gillespie, Martin, McQueen, Crunchie, Rice, Latapy,Waddle, Stainrod, Stokes.