The Falkirk FC Thread

On 02/10/2018 at 22:03, GMBairn said:
On 02/10/2018 at 20:29, Bairnardo said:
Didn't realise Haber was a full year. Wonder if Dundee will fancy him back..... 

Chances are we will be able to cancel that deal, most loans can be cancelled and if it's true we are paying 50% of his 2.5k a week then McKinnon will get shot of him if he keeps offering f**k all.

No loan can be unilaterally cancelled. It can be cancelled only if all three parties agree to do so.

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

He was an absolute bombscare at any set piece as I remember it, would chuck a goal in every week.

I think it is safe to say you don't remember entirely correctly. He wasn't the best goal keeper in the world but should be no where near a worst 11 side. I would have him over Fasan even if he still kicks the ball straight out of play every time he punts it up the park.

I'm surprised to see greenwood frozen out completely.  The only thing i can think is that he doesn't fit the current system we are playing very well being he likes to sit very wide.  If we get ourselves sorted out in the middle of the park I'd like to see him come in when we play with width and balls into the box.

11 hours ago, MetalWolf said:

I'm surprised to see greenwood frozen out completely.  The only thing i can think is that he doesn't fit the current system we are playing very well being he likes to sit very wide.  If we get ourselves sorted out in the middle of the park I'd like to see him come in when we play with width and balls into the box.

As has been said above, it can't just be a fitness issue, unless there I some sort of underlying injury issue as well. Someone mentioned a while back a rumour about Robson being out the team because he liked a drink a bit too much. What's the chances that his buddy from the north east is joining in with the drinking sessions? 

10 minutes ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

As has been said above, it can't just be a fitness issue, unless there I some sort of underlying injury issue as well. Someone mentioned a while back a rumour about Robson being out the team because he liked a drink a bit too much. What's the chances that his buddy from the north east is joining in with the drinking sessions? 

The chances that these rumours are complete and utter nonsense are much higher.

8 minutes ago, Ivanhow said:

For the duffers XI I would offer Mark McGraw, Billy Mcneill (came from or went to the Shire I think), Brian Whittaker, Shane Supple and the manager would be Gerry Collins. 

Brian Whittaker was pretty decent if I remember correctly. Part of one of our championship winning sides. Mark McGraws scored 8 goals in 40 matches. I'd be surprised if Haber, Mackin, and Turner get that number between them this season.

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Brian Whittaker was pretty decent if I remember correctly. Part of one of our championship winning sides. Mark McGraws scored 8 goals in 40 matches. I'd be surprised if Haber, Mackin, and Turner get that number between them this season.

If McKinnon can't work some sort of magic, we are on course for setting all sorts of very unwanted club records. Including, quite possibly, an all new worst 11.

For the duffers XI I would offer Mark McGraw, Billy Mcneill (came from or went to the Shire I think), Brian Whittaker, Shane Supple and the manager would be Gerry Collins. 

Shane Supple? I can't believe you would put him in there. No where near the worst

1 hour ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

How can you post accusations like this on a public forum with absolutely no evidence? Bizarre.

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Read back what you posted - you're accusing two players of drinking to the point of them hampering their career, with no evidence. 

It's weird.

You read it back. Then read it back again, or get someone else to do it for you. I mentioned that someone else had suggested that Robson liked a drink. I then asked what the odds would be if Greenwood doing the same. At what point did I accuse either of them of actually doing it? Asking what the odds of someone joining in with entirely theoretical, rumoured drinking sessions is a strange thing to get bent up over. Almost as if you are looking for things to howl at. Now, if you don't mind, I've better things to be doing than talking to you. 

There's only one thing in here that's weird, and it's not my posts.

19 minutes ago, Russ said:

Shane Supple was garbage tbf.

Although Flinders, Higgins and Fasan are all worse.

We are world class, when it comes to the dark art of signing bad goalkeepers. We've managed a few class ones as well, but most of them are more foul hits than home runs.