The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Deary me I've just thought about who id like to keep. We currently don't have one single player that I'd be disappointed to lose!

I'd like to keep Rudden, who isn't even ours. No one else. 

That's not to say a few couldn't job around in a title winning squad, but they are total meh. Even the likes of McGhee. 

I was thinking during the game on Saturday that if every one of these players left at Christmas, I doubt I'd remember any of their names by the summer. 

ETA I'd remember Muirhead tbf

Edited by NewBornBairn

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Glad rogers fecked off. He sounded like more of the shit we already have.  A lot of players say they'd never play for teams on 3g pitches but its amazing how often they change their minds when offered a contract by one. David Templeton being one example.

I always remember Higginbotham really slating artificial pitches then signing for Killie in the summer.

20 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

If we can get a win Saturday and Morton were to lose away to ICT, then if we were to win away at Morton we could go above them! Could anyone imagine the multiple Morton meltdowns on here if "Snake" Ray McKinnon got pointless Falkirk above high flying Morton within a handful of games, it could break the internet for good :lol: 

(The above scenario is highly unlikely and other scenarios are possible!)

We're very unlikely to win on Saturday

33 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I was thinking during the game on Saturday that if every one of these players left at Christmas, I doubt I'd remember any of their names by the summer. 

ETA I'd remember Muirhead tbf

When people think in a decade's time about our worst ever XIs I can see 3/4 of this lot very much in the conversation.

Fasan is a given for a starting spot

16 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

When people think in a decade's time about our worst ever XIs I can see 3/4 of this lot very much in the conversation.

Fasan is a given for a starting spot

^^^ Never watched us with Bobby Olejnik.

2 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Some effort to be worse than Scott Flinders.

Scott Higgins managed it.

Costing us a goal is a regular occurrence for FFC keepers. Doing it twice in a single match is highly unusual. But three times in twenty minutes? To turn a 2-0 victory into a 3-2 loss ?

That match at Inverness is easily the worst professional goalie performance I've seen in my entire life.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Costing us a goal is a regular occurrence for FFC keepers. Doing it twice in a single match is highly unusual. But three times in twenty minutes? To turn a 2-0 victory into a 3-2 loss ?

That match at Inverness is easily the worst professional goalie performance I've seen in my entire life.

Mutch at East End Park was pretty bad

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Fasan at Ayr wasn’t much better. 

30 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Mutch at East End Park was pretty bad

That was the worst performance from a GK I've ever seen. Everything went wrong for him that day.

I don't blame him though, he'd been thrust into the limelight at a struggling team at a really young age. It's clear that there's potential there though, I'd really like to see him get a loan deal somewhere.

That was the worst performance from a GK I've ever seen. Everything went wrong for him that day.
I don't blame him though, he'd been thrust into the limelight at a struggling team at a really young age. It's clear that there's potential there though, I'd really like to see him get a loan deal somewhere.

Aye that doesn’t force you into the worst all time XI imho, if that does then Graham bowman against livingston a few years back easily beats it.

Aye that doesn’t force you into the worst all time XI imho, if that does then Graham bowman against livingston a few years back easily beats it.
All time worst 11 needs to have that wee something special. Just being shite isnt enough. They need to be a prolonged, headscratching conundrum of how the f**k can they even be that shite, tinged with dark comedy and at some point despairing sympathy.

I give you, once again.... Mark McGraw.