The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I would see if Mitchell can play his way into new GK.

It is quite intriguing what will happen with Greenwood and Russell. Fitness was mentioned before. Would be like two new signings if they get up to speed.

I reckon Russell will be released in January on the same basis as Balatoni was last season. Having 3 decent left backs is just a waste of the budget.

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I would see if Mitchell can play his way into new GK.

It is quite intriguing what will happen with Greenwood and Russell. Fitness was mentioned before. Would be like two new signings if they get up to speed.

Seen a couple of reserve games, Greenwood showed flashes but is way off the pace fitness wise,that said hes hardly played for a year.

I liked the look of Russell and maybe the most complete player of the 3 left backs but again,no pre season so not  up to speed.

Why is everyone so keen to play Robson? I liked him last season as a wing back, but he is pretty poor defensively and that's why Brough is playing ahead of him at left back.

The Ross County game speaks volumes about his defensive ability.

11 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Why is everyone so keen to play Robson? I liked him last season as a wing back, but he is pretty poor defensively and that's why Brough is playing ahead of him at left back.

Agreed brer.

13 minutes ago, Rocco said:

We should be playing with wing backs. The formation that brought us the most joy last season was a back-3.

Mitchell (Mutch and Fasan)

McGhee - Harrison - Brough (Muirhead and Dallison)

Russell - Buaben - Irving - Robson (McKee, Greenwood, Dunne, Sammut, Froxy, Paton, TOE)

Petravicius - Rudden - Lewis (Haber, Mackin, Turner)

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Agreed on Rudden. Boy has serious potential. That workrate of his will be his biggest asset and I think one day he would make an excellent 1 up front type player.

Also agree on Mackin. He has his limitations but he has the same strengths as Haber, likely a higher work rate and he is our player so get Haber tae f**k. Inwas excited by his signing but he simpmy isnt producing. Free up his wages for someone else.

Also think you are right with Dennon. He is looking more confident now and looking to get involved. Its pretty mental the damage Hartley appears to have done to some of these laddies in such a short time, considering the differences McKinnons arrival seems to have made. Dennon didnt even look to have a first touch. The only criticism I could level at him in the last two weeks would be poor decisions at the final pass, and shiting out of challenges.

So according to you we have Russell, Dallison and Harrison oozing quality in defence, we have Sammut and Irving excellent at controlling the midfield, and we have an attack bursting with creativity in Petravicius, Lewis, Mackin and Rudden.

Surely then Mackinnon's position should be reviewed if we don't win the league with such a great squad that is currently sitting bottom of? Completely deluded.

Edited by EdiBairn

So according to you we have Russell, Dallison and Harrison oozing quality in defence, we have Sammut and Irving excellent at controlling the midfield, and we have an attack bursting with creativity in Petravicius, Lewis, Mackin and Rudden.
Surely then Mackinnon's position should be reviewed if we don't win the league with such a great squad that is currently sitting bottom of the league? Completely deluded.
Point out where I said any of that. Just one of the things you have credited to me there will do. I'll wait.

6 minutes ago, Donathan said:

We should be playing with wing backs. The formation that brought us the most joy last season was a back-3.

Mitchell (Mutch and Fasan)

McGhee - Harrison - Brough (Muirhead and Dallison)

Russell - Buaben - Irving - Robson (McKee, Greenwood, Dunne, Sammut, Froxy, Paton, TOE)

Petravicius - Rudden - Lewis (Haber, Mackin, Turner)

That's not wing backs that's a midfield 4...

That would only leave 2 in midfield.

Last year with 3 at the back we also had three in the midfield. Taiwo & Kidd then Sibbs in the hole for example. Then two of Longride / Nelson / Jak up front.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:
Surely then Mackinnon's position should be reviewed if we don't win the league with such a great squad that is currently sitting bottom of the league? Completely deluded.

Point out where I said any of that. Just one of the things you have credited to me there will do. I'll wait.

You've been defending the qualities of the players listed since June and even now you're still wanking over them. You've also said as recently as Saturday that any criticism of our squad is "reactionary shite".

Edited by EdiBairn

The less Robson plays the better he gets in some fans eyes. Going by his social media output loves a night out a little too much. He’s more a wingback/winger as he showed end of last season getting forward often but he had 3 Centre halves to cover for him along with Tommy T to cover his space, now we have a back 4 with Paton in the middle of the park so the space isn’t filled as quickly or at all.

Going from what ex players like Bobby Barr saying Ray likes to have a sold back 4 that’s quite narrow and let the attacking players do the work up the park I can see why he’s going for Borough, Russell will be gone come Jan by looks of things much like Balatoni last Jan. 

I trust in Ray more than the COYB page posts asking why Robson isn’t playing at 2:01 every Saturday afternoon.

2 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

That's not wing backs that's a midfield 4...

That would only leave 2 in midfield.

Last year with 3 at the back we also had three in the midfield. Taiwo & Kidd then Sibbs in the hole for example. Then two of Longride / Nelson / Jak up front.

Well then drop Dennon Lewis and bring in Froxylias to play in the hole, whatever. The point is some form of 3-5-2/3-4-3 is the way to go.

You've been defending the qualities of the players listed since June and even now you're still wanking over them. You've also said as recently as Saturday that any criticism of our squad is "reactionary shite".
Wanking over them.... Aye nae bother mate. Thats the measure of you eh.

So once again as per every time you come steaming in trying to slag me off, you have nothing of any actual merit to say.

You are unable to quote me, and you are unable to back up the post you literally just made, which was in fact, a load of shite.

I dont know why you are obsessed with me to the point that you continue to embarrass yourself with posts like the above. I did say on Saturday maybe me and you should jist not engage with eachother since thread ends up absolutely reeking of your pish, but if you are going to continue to make a c**t of yourself like this, theres not much more I can say.

17 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Wow. Quite how you have managed to reach a concluding post like above from what was said is pretty impressive. 

I think your are deluded in his delusion. Deludeception. 

Don't be so keen to jump on any sort of positive post and try to stick the knife in for the sake of it. He isn't Kevin o'hara

We are getting better with each passing week. Not much at a time, but everyone seems to be broadly agreeing about the signs of improvement. 

What we can't agree on, is what formations or players should be used. Thank f**k it is nothing to do with any of us. 

Let's just let the staff get on with that sort of thing eh?