The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Boaby The Bairn said:

Are you alright big man? Seems like you’ve got a lot to talk about, and very little of it is to do with the Bairns whose thread 

1 hour ago, Boaby The Bairn said:

Are you alright big man? Seems like you’ve got a lot to talk about, and very little of it is to do with the Bairns whose thread you find yourself on

I'm fine. Been having a good talk about football today. Nice to see us get a win at last. 

Don’t know about anyone else, but I thought their narrow pitch pretty much played into our hands, and was far better suited to our game than theirs. It was easy for us to stay compact and connected at the back, and they seemed to be needing width that simply wasn’t there.

I guess they were looking to restrict better players, but when we rolled up with players of questionable quality, it was a case of “thanks very much, that pitch will help us no end”.

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t know about anyone else, but I thought their narrow pitch pretty much played into our hands, and was far better suited to our game than theirs. It was easy for us to stay compact and connected at the back, and they seemed to be needing width that simply wasn’t there.

I guess they were looking to restrict better players, but when we rolled up with players of questionable quality, it was a case of “thanks very much, that pitch will help us no end”.

I've seen a few Alloa fans bemoaning the width of the pitch. Seems they are saying that it's holding them back more this season than it is any of the visiting teams. Does seem a fairly bizarre way to go about things, narrow the pitch then sign wide players that can't then play to their strengths. Almost Falkirk levels of forward planning, that. 

Get that pitch at TFS narrowed [emoji16]

41 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The more fluent of play was from Alloa from I guess from a core of players who have been there for years knowing the best pass to play to x y z or where player x y z will run to etc etc

Bigger pitch would've easily made them more effective than our rough, ready shined up fake diamond, today wasn't a miracle just decent management, coaching and positivity which McKinnon is trying to breed throughout even with players who will be lucky to make the bench post January.

All very much night and day from Hartley, next week is ...............

I can't find the words but I know we won't go down the shameful excuse of performances we seen last season v the pars under Hartley, still we beat Brechin 3 times, woeful Morton twice, qos team who could've sneaked a draw and ICT who in would've knocked us out in a boxing match with 11 v 11 and let's not forget the three friendlies we won in our last three games !

Today was a stepping stone, nowt more...but bring on the pars 

14 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Where are our friends from Inverclyde? 

They always used to come and visit us on a Saturday night. I'm so looking forward to seeing them this week. :thumsup2

Agent Houston is working his magic spelll I see from yesterday's result his mission to arrange the  collapse of cappieliw is underway as instructed. Just needs Gasporato to be are_introduced to the defence and agent Harris to be signed in January then they will be the club Alloa will be targeting to be above. Cmon Houstie do us proud 

Edited by Stainrod

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
15 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
We need to follow this up with at least a draw next week. 4 points from the next two would be massive.

McGhee in from the start in place of Paton and we have a good shout IMO

100% this. I think McGhee would do a great job in there, but more positively, no Paton. 

13 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Fair play to Dee Bairn for lasting about 48 hours before making an alias account. Good luck with the move to Hallglen.

Where has he went? Seems awful quiet. 

12 hours ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

He's the comedy equivalent of a clean Scotrail train.

image.png.26fdc04661e29f1de88e3b4715d15c44.png

22 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:
On 28/09/2018 at 20:54, PipoIsABairn said:
I'm still unsure as to why Haber is getting a pass from some quarters. I'm prepared to forgive some of the current squad for just being well out of their depth but this is a player who has scored goals as recently as last season at a higher level and doesn't even look remotely like finding the net for us. Further to that i'd add that he looks like the only one not actually trying or even remotely giving a damn about anything going on around him. Muirhead is having a shocker of a season so far but at least it looks like it's genuinely riling him up. Haber just jogs around hoping the ball might accidentally hit off him.  

To be fair this is roughly what the Dundee fans told us to expect when he signed iirc. They were still unhappy about losing him though.

I understand the big lump is on a 2.5k a week contract (we have agreed to pay 50% of that until Xmas.) 

What a disastrous piece of business! 

Great to get a win, thought we could have been punished if Alloa had a better finisher, we still have the annoying habit of the ball being pumped out of defence when we are under pressure just for it to be played right back at us.

I caught the second half of the Dunfermline v Partick game on the Teuchtar Channel and up until they scored it was almost like watching Falkirk, the ball getting pumped nowhere in particular, if we keep it tight and try to string some passes together in midfield  not continually across the back then hoofing it up the park then hopefully we can kick on.