The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:
Not sure if you are implying that there is no support to be had from areas such as Denny and Bo'ness (all of about 5 - 6 miles away!) but if you are the you are wrong.
There are, of course, large Twins of Evil supports in the area but many of these are offspring of the displaced weegies who ended up in the Denny area in the 50's and 60's when their slums were demolished.
I'm originally from Dunipace and there was always a strong Bairns support in the Denny High catchment area and this continues today as my son and many of his mates who were at DHS are Bairns fans.

me too I'm from Denny and went to Denny high although haven't lived there for about 25 years now. falkirk are the local side slightly closer than Stirling Albion

I can only remember one Stirling Albion fan in my time at Denny High in the late 70's and he was an absolute attention seeking arsehole!

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

McKinnon has already spoke out on that subject and has pretty much said the reason those players are without a club is for a number of reasons, injury prone, not match fit, or just generally poor in quality/attributes.

I agree in principle but wasn't there a lad called Will Vaulks that pitched up at the club without a contract ......and the rest is history.  But  for goodness sake make sure we have a thorough look at any potential out of contract players before putting pen to paper. It may sound obvious but I wish someone on the BOD had suggested it to Hartley before he went mad with his pen!

Edited by ATB1961
typo

5 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:
Not sure if you are implying that there is no support to be had from areas such as Denny and Bo'ness (all of about 5 - 6 miles away!) but if you are the you are wrong.
There are, of course, large Twins of Evil supports in the area but many of these are offspring of the displaced weegies who ended up in the Denny area in the 50's and 60's when their slums were demolished.
I'm originally from Dunipace and there was always a strong Bairns support in the Denny High catchment area and this continues today as my son and many of his mates who were at DHS are Bairns fans.

me too I'm from Denny and went to Denny high although haven't lived there for about 25 years now. falkirk are the local side slightly closer than Stirling Albion

Add me to the list for the Denny High brigade, there was always a half decent group during my time as well.

McKinnon has already spoke out on that subject and has pretty much said the reason those players are without a club is for a number of reasons, injury prone, not match fit, or just generally poor in quality/attributes.

They'd still be an improvement on the gash we have to endure on a Saturday.

When did Muirhead become the scapegoat? Shouldn’t be captain but a good CB at this level imo.

He’s just not very good. His constant backing off and refusing to put a tackle in completely infuriates me.

His performance on Saturday was absolutely pathetic.

1 hour ago, KiwiDB said:

Add me to the list for the Denny High brigade, there was always a half decent group during my time as well.

Aye, me as well. From Bonnybrig' originally and left Denny High in 1975. There were a few Bairns fans among us including Big Gordon McFarlane who many will know as Mr Falkirk due to the tireless work he put in for Falkirk over the years, the vast majority of which was voluntary!

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, me as well. From Bonnybrig' originally and left Denny High in 1975. There were a few Bairns fans among us including Big Gordon McFarlane who many will know as Mr Falkirk due to the tireless work he put in for Falkirk over the years, the vast majority of which was voluntary!

Interloper :lol:

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Anyone holding off signing up for the Bairnforlife scheme until they see what happens in January with the funds? Would've thought membership would've been a lot higher than it currently is. 

Not me, if the bairns for life scheme had an option, so say half goes to fund players and half goes to buy shares in the club, I'd put in more than a tenner a month anytime! As it is, we could quite easily have been giving Hartley more cash for new players in January with the bairns for life cash. The heart of the scheme is in the right place but i can't buy into it the way it is, cash from the scheme should be buying shares and giving fans a bigger stake and say in the club

Not me, if the bairns for life scheme had an option, so say half goes to fund players and half goes to buy shares in the club, I'd put in more than a tenner a month anytime! As it is, we could quite easily have been giving Hartley more cash for new players in January with the bairns for life cash. The heart of the scheme is in the right place but i can't buy into it the way it is, cash from the scheme should be buying shares and giving fans a bigger stake and say in the club

[emoji122]

6 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

You’ve got a reasonable point there.

Actually, no reason why the funds couldn’t buy shares, and with the Boards agreement , be also used for player contracts up till the end of the season.

Solves both problems!

Yeah I’d agree with that. I’m signing up for Bairn for life after Christmas anyway but I think it’s time to start buying shares.

It seems ironic that people are now looking for a fans organisation to buy shares when a few years back one existed to do just that. And that it ultimately folded because of lack of fan support.

Or at least I think it did; maybe it still exists legally and those shares are in abeyance somewhere waiting for someone to claim them. Or were they owned by individual fans and the Trust had proxy to use them for  voting at things like AGMs?

If folk are wanting a new fans shareholding group I'd suggest finding out what the status is with the previous one. I think BPM may have been the last ever Chairman of it. Brian Guthrie would certainly know.

It seems ironic that people are now looking for a fans organisation to buy shares when a few years back one existed to do just that. And that it ultimately folded because of lack of fan support. Or at least I think it did; maybe it still exists legally and those shares are in abeyance somewhere waiting for someone to claim them. Or were they owned by individual fans and the Trust had proxy to use them for  voting at things like AGMs?

If folk are wanting a new fans shareholding group I'd suggest finding out what the status is with the previous one. I think BPM may have been the last ever Chairman of it. Brian Guthrie would certainly know.

Brian Guthrie is the Chairman.

It has over 90,000 shares

When I was the Chair for the first time we pulled all the supporters clubs and other groups together and the MSG and Board at the time did everything they could to try and split it up again. They launched a review looking at how the club was run and structured and before it was even finished kicked the fans group off the Board. I remember the time well. It got pretty nasty and want pretty threatening from the clubs side.

Comparison to last season’s record breaking Brechin side. After 6 games:

Brechin had 2 points. We have 0.

Brechin had 5 goals. We have 3.

Brechin lost 14 goals. We have lost 13.

Brechin GD -9. We have a GD of -10

To date, we are matching them pretty closely, and are behind them in only 3 of the 4 meaningful measures. Gulp.

Its good to know our defence is performing a wee bit better than theirs....

Edited by Duncan Freemason