The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I remember a public statement from Campbell Christie  after we announced the intention to move to Westfield. He stressed that the new stadium would have MORE than ten thousand seats.

I'm not sure when that announcement was made but I suspect it was during the 2002/03 season when it was obvious from very early on that we were going to win the league. And would probably be denied promotion at the end of it. (while ultimately we were)

We planned the new stadium to comply with the 10,000 seat rule.

A quick google search shows that the SPL started thinking about changing the rules to 6,000 seats just as Westfield was about to open. This article was dated May 2004 and we moved into our new home less than a month  later.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3719681.stm

Given we were refused promotion in 2003 and then at 1st Inverness were then weren't in 2004, had they not changed the rules you faced the farce getting more farcical.

If the SPL had not been flexible with ICT and then relaxed the 10,000 rule nobody would have went up between 2002 and 2006.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Rogers is with us for a month. Good idea, give him a month see how he does and if he's shite punt him. If only Hartley had thought of that.

To be fair, it is easier for Rogers coming up here for a month when his old man is near by and has somewhere to stay etc.

Other players would tell us to bolt if we said come up to Scotland for a whole month for just a trial.

Ground breaking stuff, Harry. Maybe the board have been playing Football Manager. 
Maybe, FH website saying McKinnon looking to bring in other free agents to freshen up squad and we have 2 currently on trial.

Poster on FB who must be a taxi driver saying he has been dropping off a young black striker at the stadium who is on trial but doesn't know his name. Someone suggested he ask.

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

To be fair, it is easier for Rogers coming up here for a month when his old man is near by and has somewhere to stay etc.

Other players would tell us to bolt if we said come up to Scotland for a whole month for just a trial.

Players at this stage are more desperate than they are at the beginning of June as well. A month to month contract isn't any use when you've potentially got loads of other options.

True I suppose, if we have them in for just a month can they play or is it only reserves.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Maybe, FH website saying McKinnon looking to bring in other free agents to freshen up squad and we have 2 currently on trial.

Poster on FB who must be a taxi driver saying he has been dropping off a young black striker at the stadium who is on trial but doesn't know his name. Someone suggested he ask.

Possibly Bia Bi up on loan? Not sure how I would feel about that. I'd say we likely need a midfielder comfortable with the ball at his feet. A striker that can score would be good too. We'll probably sign a guy with no career goals though. 

I'm knocking myself into the ground here picking fights with people I shouldn't be. 

All I'm doing is making myself feel even more depressed and fucking worthless. I'll leave you all well alone, sorry for whatever it is I've done.

Edited by DeeBairn

22 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Possibly Bia Bi up on loan? Not sure how I would feel about that. I'd say we likely need a midfielder comfortable with the ball at his feet. A striker that can score would be good too. We'll probably sign a guy with no career goals though. 

Bia bi was like playing with a man down. How he got a move to Swansea is beyond me.

Edited by EdiBairn

27 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Herald seems to be going out of it's way to get things wrong.

They put a picture up of Rodgers captioning that he was sitting beside Cieran Dunne when it was actually Brett Young. Their latest article says we had two trialists in the reserve game against Utd, when in fact only AR travelled to (and played in) the game.  

6 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The loans on the stadium aren't helping us. The figures quoted on here are anything between £350 - £400k we are paying back each season. How much that is affecting the quality of player we can bring in is anyone's guess.

I still would rather have had a completed stadium with the budget we had than what we have now. Each to their own opinion though.

how much did each of the stands cost?  That doesn't sound credible.  The main stand is good but it's not million and millions of pounds good.

Think we were all just so relieved a stadium was finally in the offing that we forgot to plan it properly. 

seems so crazy thinking back they had hte 10k rule.  Hope whoever came up with that is nowhere near the game now.  

If Ayr win the league, what happens?  I for one would love to see Somerset Park in the SPFL.  the old grounds are great for the game as long as you sort out some minor issues and a decent pitch.  Would hope we don't cause a fuss.  I think its better for player development to play at a stadium with a good crowd on top of you than a perfect pitch and empty stands.

Edited by tirso

The loans on the stadium aren't helping us. The figures quoted on here are anything between £350 - £400k we are paying back each season. How much that is affecting the quality of player we can bring in is anyone's guess.

I still would rather have had a completed stadium with the budget we had than what we have now. Each to their own opinion though.

We pay c200k

31 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Bia bi was like playing with a man down. How he got a move to Swansea is beyond me.

Bit harsh Edi as he is playing regular for Swans under 23s and in fact is playing in Europa Cup tonight at that level against Villareal which is live on Swans TV.

For what it's worth I personally believe that him and Ryan Blair along with the RB down Liberty way would make a huge difference to our current predicament

Cant get loans outside the windown

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Cant get loans outside the windown

Naw

Where would we go and play? How much profit do the council make from Falkirk FC every year? How long is our current stadium lease? What's the process for breaking that lease - and is there a financial penalty to do so?

We pay c £120k/year service charge.

We own North Stand, all the pitch facing bits in the Main Stand, changing rooms area and offices on ground floor.

We don’t have a lease on the stand, so no penalty.

The council have the stadium in their books north of £10m.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We pay c £120k/year

We don’t have a lease on the stand, so no penalty.

The council have the stadium in their books north of £10m.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Does that 120k include all matchdays and training, and do we keep all matchday revenue? I am a complete novice in terms of how good a deal that is or otherwise. How many days are we in the stadium year round?