The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We moved in to TFS in 2004 which is the same year that the 10k seats rule was changed so the planning & construction would have begun some time before. 

Just our luck; things may have been a whole lot different if the timings were even a wee bit different!

And Lets not forget that there were plans in place to have part of the college in the East Stand but planning was rejected by the Council due to the blast zone around Ineos/BP.  The same blast zone that wasn't an issue after the 2008 recession kicked in!

Edited by FFCinthearea

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We moved in to TFS in 2004 which is the same year that the 10k seats rule was changed so the planning & construction would have begun some time before. 

Just our luck; things may have been a whole lot different if the timings were even a wee bit different!

I thought it might have been around then, was too busy trying to cram food down my throat at work. Typical of the powers that be to wait until we were committed to something to change it. 

Still, it required a lot of different things to slot into place in order to get to that stage, so we should be happy that something got built. Shame it's a three sided white elephant. Four stands for a compmiant stadium would have a far better atmosphere, and if your auntie had baws etc. 

They refused us ground sharing with airdrie then allowed ICT to do so with Aberdeen the very next season iirc?

Also the deal with council at TFS was a transfer of their 1/7th share or land at brockville. They left their ‘share’ of thr land sale in as a stake in JV stadium company. When the JV was ended they got office space in main stand and ffc got the ‘footballing infratstucture’ excluding internal areas of the stand. Ie the seats and pitch. 

4 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

And Lets not forget that there were plans in place to have part of the college in the East Stand but planning was rejected by the Council due to the blast zone around Ineos/BP.  The same blast zone that wasn't an issue after the 2008 recession kicked in!

Aye, that's right but was it not a training centre for the BP rather than college stuff?

3 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

They refused us ground sharing with airdrie then allowed ICT to do so with Aberdeen the very next season iirc?

From what I remember that was because both Aberdeen and ICT were in the SPL and thus were overseen by the same governing body.

Had we been groundsharing with Airdrie we would have been in different organisations.

Edited by Gaz

is there any point to this stadium thread? we cant afford to build the last stand,  we dont have the crowds needed to fill it, we can hardly fill the three stands we do have. yes it would be nice to have it finished but unless another kind hearted soul comes along to fund it, it aint gonna happen any time soon.

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, that's right but was it not a training centre for the BP rather than college stuff?

I believe it was some sort of joint venture between the college and all of the petrochemical companies.    Either way, the council kicked it into the long grass.

4 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

We need someone with money to come in and bluff the council. We either play elsewhere or the council sells their share of the stadium for a couple million up front. They've had more than enough of us over the years, time to shoot that particular cash cow. It's a good bluff, if they say no and risk us moving, what are they going to do with the stadium, charge the Shire 300k a year? 

Where would we go and play? How much profit do the council make from Falkirk FC every year? How long is our current stadium lease? What's the process for breaking that lease - and is there a financial penalty to do so?

32 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Where would we go and play? How much profit do the council make from Falkirk FC every year? How long is our current stadium lease? What's the process for breaking that lease - and is there a financial penalty to do so?

I'm not even biting, away snap at someone else. 

2 hours ago, faedenny said:

is there any point to this stadium thread? we cant afford to build the last stand,  we dont have the crowds needed to fill it, we can hardly fill the three stands we do have. yes it would be nice to have it finished but unless another kind hearted soul comes along to fund it, it aint gonna happen any time soon.

I think we all badly need a win, we're currently filling the gaps between games by talking shite and chasing our tails over the same tired topics.

imhhho (in my humble, heartfelt & honest opinion)

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No one is else is posting such fantastical dross without the foggiest idea what it entails.

It was literally a "what if". As in, what if we had someone with more money than sense. Sorry a flight of fancy has deeply upset you. Kindly take your passive aggressive w**k elsewhere. 

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think we all badly need a win, we're currently filling the gaps between games by talking shite and chasing our tails over the same tired topics.

imhhho (in my humble, heartfelt & honest opinion)

A win would indeed be nice. I'd settle for a point. Or indeed, a pint. 

Anyone else getting worried by the fact we apparently have funds available, but are inviting players on trial that conceivably could be worse than we already have at the club? Which is a terrible thing to even consider. 

Edited by DeeBairn

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Rogers is with us for a month. Good idea, give him a month see how he does and if he's shite punt him. If only Hartley had thought of that.

Ground breaking stuff, Harry. Maybe the board have been playing Football Manager.