The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Still deciding how would be best to react to the reasons to dance video.. Should I be angry? Should I be laughing? f**k knows.

But it hurt watching that.

Not quite as uncomfortable as seeing the wee lassies entertaining the Morton fans at Cappielow.  Might be what they enjoy over there.

4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Let's go down the Rangers, Livi, Gretna, Motherwell and Dundee route.

Buy now pay later and I'm sure it will all end well.

The most annoying thing about that is 4/5 of those clubs are currently Premier league and don't give a f**k about what they done.

(Please don't point out Rangers are dead)

You missed out Hearts....think they might be top flight too.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

How do you control for that?

If you are working closely with someone you will quickly get to know if they are pulling your chain.

For me it is about working together to ensure everything goes as well as it can. As I stated earlier 3 out of the last 4 windows have been a disaster. Something has to be wrong surely?

2 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

How on earth is having an ambition to finish higher than 7th a bad thing?

Nothing at all, providing you have the means to back it up.

We didn't, and we've been on a downward spiral ever since.

Was spending a bit of time last night trying to think of all the utter horror decisions that our club has made over the past decade or so.
1) Convincing our fans that 7th place in the SPL wasn't good enough for us and getting our fans convinced we were going for "The Next Level"
2) Hughes throwing money away on signing his old, injury-prone pals whereas before we'd been a successful team with young, hungry players (the decision to replace Jack Ross with Jackie McNamara was particularly criminal)
3) Giving Eddie May longer than three weeks when it was plainly obvious by September that he was hopelessly out of his depth and going to get us relegated
4) Replacing May with Pressley
5) Giving Pressley more time after him making a pigsty of our post-split fixtures in our last SPL season
5.5) Being told at a fans' meeting that we were financially on the verge of going bankrupt only to have our Chairman at the same meeting telling us we were still looking to pay for a fourth stand
6) "Our Time"
7) Giving Peter Houston longer than three weeks when it was plainly obvious by September that he was hopelessly out of his depth and going to get us relegated
8) Allowing Hartley to sign so many untried and untested players
9) The hot-tub
Anything else?

Hot-tub brought in a very decent sum as a one off advert, as did the “Crane” advertising. The latter led to a significant sum being given over for the back of the shirt sponsor.

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Me when I see Aaron Muirhead at right back and realise he has been playing there since 2015.

Can't even blame it on brexit. Did we just give up when we canned Duffie? 

I mean, there has to be a right back of reasonable quality somewhere daft enough to sign for us? 

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Can't even blame it on brexit. Did we just give up when we canned Duffie? 

I mean, there has to be a right back of reasonable quality somewhere daft enough to sign for us? 

At this rate I would take Gary Irvine until January.