The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I don't think I've read any posts suggesting they are great defenders.

The state of our squad has been done to death now. We know they are pretty much all honking and will be lucky to pick up a single win from now until January. I'm just hoping Alloa aren't out of sight come January.

Just a question seeing as I keep reading this same line but how many points would "out of sight" be?

For all Alloa are probably better than our current chancers I can't see them picking up lots of points at all this season.

30 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Aye, I don't think there's much more to be said about this lot. Its a long time til January though. 

Got a feeling the humiliation has only just started. 

13 games until January to be precise. First game in January is on the 5th away to Ayr.

We play Alloa twice in those 13 games and if they take 6 points off of us I think we will be fucked. 

Can't believe how big a game Saturday is but for all the wrong reasons. :(

3 hours ago, Bofabairn said:

That's Kidd and Paton that are highlighted.

I'd have expected Dallison to be on the left of the two to be honest but his position is ok. Harrison's, On the other hand, is dreadful.

Was highlighting the gap between the centre backs. This is a sample of our problems, Harrison and dallison put in some good last minute blocks and generally looked OK, but any kind of analysis shows they get the very basic parts of their game wrong.  For that goal, as you rightly point out, Harrison just walks away from his man after the free kick and is at fault. It's all good and well making a goal line clearance, but if you follow it up with basic mistakes leading to goals, anything good done before it goes oot the windae. 

For Harrison and dallison, you could read any of about 8 other players who fit the same description. 

I’ve said it before but my issue with the board (mainly CC) is how they have handled decisions rather than the decisions themselves. Closing the academy, fine, but such a big decision being leaked to the Sun isn’t good enough. Even more so with the reporter being one Falkirk fans generally dislike. CEO prominent on Twitter was brilliant communication from the club and that’s ruined by publicly calling out fans and threatening legal action. We’ve barely heard a peep from CC since. It feels like once again the fans are an afterthought and that’s simply not good enough.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Should they have a structure that allowed him to sign players who he hadn't seen?

I would say no they shouldn't but do we know how many players Hartley saw or had looked at before? Was he operating the same way he did at alloa and Dundee, where it worked both times apart from his last season with Dundee? I don't know the ins and outs of the board's relationship with Hartley and his methods but I'd rather have a board that is willing to back their manager (and hopefully learns from any mistakes) than previous owners that took out but never put into the club! 

The club and the board have made a lot of mistakes, some only apparent in hindsight but they have also done a lot right, we would've walked this league but for the freak circumstances of 3 of the 5 biggest teams in Scotland being down here. We have excellent crowds as the club have managed to keep the interest alive even if the last 2 seasons have been poor. 

10 hours ago, spratte said:

You see this sort of shite boils my piss.
Firstly have you decided to plough money in and start to try and steer this club to nirvana? I guess the answer is no but please prove me wrong?
Who seriously would want to be on the board at our club any seriously successful business person even if a fan is going to be too busy with their day job so what does that leave? The likes of lex or Margaret who are big fishes in this tiny wee pond that is falkirk and want a bit of kudos for the faux celebrity status it brings.
Out board haven’t done anything seriously wrong apart from being pretty weak and ineffectual.
They appointed Houston which in itself provided our most successful manager since yogi giving us second twice in the strongest field this league has seen. In his shite season a more decisive board would have backed him maybe by either giving him cash to buy a few free agents or advising him they would back him until the January window where he could fix things but no they let it slide until they panicked.
They then got in Hartley which on the face of it was a decent move, the fans approved and were happy.
They let him have freedom of player choice and do what he did end of season and during the summer basically replacing a whole team. But he was the manager who picks the team so were they wrong in letting him do that? Every one here was creaming themselves with the summer signings ffs! Yeah they should have had a sense check on such a fucking madcap plan but hey no FM aficionados on here spotted it.
Three league games in it turns out Hartley’s plan is merde and quite rightly they bin him and get in Ray how he ever agreed is beyond me looking at our squad.
Now they release a statement which basically said were on the ball and trying to fix it but there’s no cash. They are trying there best and are not going to plough any money in after all it’s their money, if you think that’s wrong plough in your life savings.
So as I said they are pretty weak and ineffectual but who better is throwing their hat into the ring as who seriously would want to be on the board of a company the will never make money and it’s paying public expect them to pay in rather than take a wage?
Rambling I know but wtf??

Whats Margaret Lang ever ploughed in? Does she even have shares in the club? How come the likes of St Johnstone , Hamilton and Livi manage to get themselves into the top flight despite having much smaller crowds than us. Their bod's must be doing something ours arent for a start.Ten years we've been down here. We've pissed over a  million pounds profit down the drain over the past couple of seasons and we're closer to league one than the top flight.  Hartleys consistant statement over the past 12 months has been producing a smaller squad of greater quality.  Why then allow him to bring in so many players the result being a similar sized squad of even worse quality than we had before.  

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Pretty much bang on.

I see on here and COYB calls for removing pretty much every player without anyone actually saying we should sign Mr X.

People are very quick to get on players/managers backs when it goes tits up but only with hindsight and not usually before the crap results.

It's like the guy who mocks your coupon on a Saturday once it's down but he's no bold enough to put 1 on.

A journeyman poster at best; dread to see him on the park.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont have any issue with you highlighting the positioning for the goals. I did say I hadnt seen the goals again yet. However, every goal conceded by any team, at any level can be subject to analysis and generally finding someone could have did their job better. Most times that will be defenders. I would be wary of using such an example to say they are bad players or had a bad game.

At least oot the loop posted re football. You on the other hand.... Just more of your whining, mewling shite

You don't need a red marker on a picture to know they're both complete and utter dung.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Pretty much bang on.

I see on here and COYB calls for removing pretty much every player without anyone actually saying we should sign Mr X.

People are very quick to get on players/managers backs when it goes tits up but only with hindsight and not usually before the crap results.

It's like the guy who mocks your coupon on a Saturday once it's down but he's no bold enough to put 1 on.

Its been going tits up for over ten years now though. Apart from two decent seasons under Houston when we had zero chance of winning the league and a missed opportunity under Holt we've been nowhere near getting up. 

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

A journeyman poster at best; dread to see him on the park.

Calling him a journeyman is harsh on Queens, tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Its been going tits up for over ten years now though. Apart from two decent seasons under Houston when we had zero chance of winning the league and a missed opportunity under Holt we've been nowhere near getting up. 

And yet every season for the last ten we've deluded ourselves pre season that maybe, just maybe, this season will be our season. What a bunch we are. 

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You don't need a red marker on a picture to know they're both complete and utter dung.

Both goals were very very cheap goals to lose. The first was solely down to Fasan, the second was Harrison not picking up his man (then remonstrating to the rest of the defence). Dallison was not to blame for that one and, that basic error aside, I actually thought that the two of them played quite well together for a change.

The goalie's an easy problem to fix; drop him and bring in Mutch. We don't have that option with the defence though and I don't think McKinnon will be able to tamper too much in that area until McGhee is available again. 

10 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Calling him a journeyman is harsh on Queens, tbh. 

And yet every season for the last ten we've deluded ourselves pre season that maybe, just maybe, this season will be our season. What a bunch we are. 

Thats the bod and their next level, its our time, all out for promotion pish. Been duping the fans for years now. Probably only people making a stand and not buying season tickets would get this mob mobilised into some kind of action.

59 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Director of football would be nice but is this over and above a CEO. If so where is the cash coming from for this role.

If we have any spare money it needs to go to McKinnon for players.

I'd say it would be instead of. 

Honestly, what the f**k does our CEO even do? Genuine question because for me, he is the biggest wage thief at club, a club that includes Dan Turner. 

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Thats the bod and their next level, its our time, all out for promotion pish. Been duping the fans for years now. Probably only people making a stand and not buying season tickets would get this mob mobilised into some kind of action.

Aye its the hope that kills you. Obviously the marketing team do a fantastic job getting us up for it pre season, it's when it comes down to the product on the park, it nowhere near matches the level of the commercial side. 

The bottom line is every single one of us absolutely loves Falkirk Football Club. We don't support the team for glory we support them out of genuine love.

My Dad was a Falkirk Bairn through and through, he started taking me to games in 1972. We used to go to the stand and I used to sit and look at the choir and think one day I will be in their singing my heart out for the navy blue and as soon as I was old enough that's where I was.

It's my local team there is a connection through area and generations of family. I could never have travelled to Glasgow and followed a team through religion I have no connection with.

I remember sitting in the Leapark one night having a drunken conversation with Crunchie and it was clear he felt exactly the same about the club.

I just hope someone at the club is making these players aware of what it means to play for Falkirk Football Club. Someone on FB said they should be taken to the exhibition in Callendar House to learn about the history of FFC and what it means to the area.

Most of us would have given everything to have the chance to pull on the navy blue just once and I hope these c***s realise how much we are hurting at the moment.

While the BoD have indulged in one or two decent initiatives, there is no doubt that when they get it wrong, there’s no half measures. It tends to be cataclysmic. Be it the current mess, or the George Craig disaster, it tends never to be the little decisions that go badly wrong.

The common thread seems to be a MSG who appoint people into roles, and then allow them to simply do as they please with the only performance measures being “lags”......all they really tell you is if something has gone wrong or is about to go wrong. There never seems to be anything in place to stop it going awry in the first place.

If you choose to believe in complete autonomy for the manager,then what we are seeing now isn’t such a surprising outcome (where the only checks and balances are within or out with budget). I keep harping back to the “Paul is going to put things in place such that the club never finds itself in this position again”. I would love to know what he sold to the BoD that made them believe that was what he was doing. That should have been a business plan that they understood, but in actual fact, I reckon they fell for some real soft and woolly subjective nonsense with the backing of our social enterprise CEO.

56 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The goalie's an easy problem to fix; drop him and bring in Mutch. We don't have that option with the defence though and I don't think McKinnon will be able to tamper too much in that area until McGhee is available again. 

Don't we? Muirhead is a better centre back than right back, Brough looked a better centre back than left back and I wasn't there but didn't Russell do well in the reserve game at cb? 

Not a pop by the way, just seems to me we have plenty of options. They all just happen to be shite. 

Edited by oot_the_loop