The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm not sure why Lewis is played on the left tbh, he doesn't seem comfortable cutting in and can't cross on his left foot.

Feels like we're making life difficult for ourselves with him, you could have him RW and Robson LW. Absolutely no point playing Haber if we're not going to get crosses into him

3 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I'm not sure why Lewis is played on the left tbh, he doesn't seem comfortable cutting in and can't cross on his left foot.

Feels like we're making life difficult for ourselves with him, you could have him RW and Robson LW. Absolutely no point playing Haber if we're not going to get crosses into him 

He looked a lot better yesterday when he came on. He went to the left cos petra was posing a threat on the right.both put a few balls in the BOX that  on another day could have fallen our way.! Paton is the one that mystifies me looks like an ageing rocker and would be better with a bandana and a harley to get about in as he sure as fuc... can't get about on his legs anymore. 

7 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

We should listen to this guy as he knows a thing or 2 about supporting a badly run club. If we are not careful we will follow united with having the most divided support in Scotland. How many different factions are there now Stu?

You are correct with your observation of being physically timid but that isn’t even close to be one of our biggest concerns. Lack of basic footballing ability and effort are a more pressing concern. However yesterday was actually better than it’s been and we had a centre half pairing that looked ok which is a miracle in itself. Also thought Rudden looked promising and Dennon Lewis wasn’t horrific when he came on which was a surprise but baby steps I guess.

However the ultimate prize was that you guys get to keep Shabba for a while longer emoji23.png

Things have actually calmed down on that front but you are right, we have a ridiculous number of fans groups who all think are genuinely the voice of the fans yet all have different ideas on how the club should be run. One by-product of being rubbish is that a few vocal minorities try to get more organised and form a group to change things.

To answer your original question, as far as I know we have (in terms of groups who try to release statements etc) - 

ArabTrust (connected officially to the club)

SLG (connected officially to the club)

ULT83 (connected officially to the club)

United Community Trust (connected officially to the club)

United Business Club (connected officially to the club)

United Youth Development Board (connected officially to the club)

Fans United (not connected to the club)

The 'Fed' (not connected to the club)

Dundee United Supporters Foundation (not connected to the club)

Edited by stumigoo

The CEO was at the game yesterday. I had a look up at the Directors Box and was surprised to see BPM sitting about two or three seats away from him. I couldn't help wondering if they'd exchanged a warm friendly handshake and a hug.  :whistle

I was at hospitality yesterday and outside KK not one director came near any of the boxes or the main lounge to speak to people.

CC was opposite to me across the aisle. He didn’t attempt to speak to me or anyone else for that matter.

Hospitality was very good by the way.......a bit too good [emoji23]

Well I was one that were willing to give the players a clean slate under the new manager but unfortunately they are just a really poor bunch. Our only hope is Alloa keep getting beat as well and we don't lose to them so we arent cut adrift at the bottom come January, there is no way we are finishing higher than 9th this season. 

Grim times!

18 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

He looked a lot better yesterday when he came on. He went to the left cos petra was posing a threat on the right.both put a few balls in the BOX that  on another day could have fallen our way.! Paton is the one that mystifies me looks like an ageing rocker and would be better with a bandana and a harley to get about in as he sure as fuc... can't get about on his legs anymore. 

Whoa there cowboy. I own both of things and I get around just fine on the old pegs.

Correction. I own a banana. 

21 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

He looked a lot better yesterday when he came on. He went to the left cos petra was posing a threat on the right.both put a few balls in the BOX that  on another day could have fallen our way.!

I'd agree he looked a lot better, I just think we might see his worth more as a RW as he's not impressed too much on the left. What was good yesterday was his pace and attacking intent which would likely be the same on the right but he'd have the bonus of being able to cross with his preferred foot.

was watching McKinnon closely yesterday as I sit up behind the home dugout. he looks as exasperated as the rest of us with the play and decision making. I think it's fair to say he'll offload as many of these players as possible on January. the only positive body language he showed all game was around petravious workrate and determination. especially in the first half when he battled with their left back all thexway down the wing beat his man and got a cross on for a corner

11 hours ago, oot_the_loop said:

Any manager that continues to play 4 centre backs (as I assume thats what Brough is) and more importantly continues to play the weakest spine of a team ever in Fasan, Paton and Haber deserves to be questioned.  None of this 'free ride til January' pish.  He's came in, had a look at the dross Hartley has brought in to the club, decided they are sh*t, and then still plays them.

Mutch, Russell, Robson, Greenwood, Dunne, Froxylias and (im barely able to even comprehend the next name but its true) Mackin deserve more of a chance than their respective counterparts.

I notice Paton didnt apologise today - I can only assume he was happy with his performance.

In McKinnon we trust 

And I said yesterday quite clearly to marshy that it looks like they can't be improved enough to get us safe. Might want to pop back and read that again, old fella.

Go to hear you are now right. [emoji23]

Chill a bit by the way. I had had a few too many last night and was pissed off. So sorry to noise you up. I have been called worse so water off a ducks back some of the personal stuff.

I love you really xx

19 hours ago, GMBairn said:

extremely doubtful given that we are haemorrhaging money in this league according to the chairmans statement, the next level down would be even worse.  

How can you be heamorraging money with the crowds you get and I assume your stadium also makes money through the week?  

5 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

How can you be heamorraging money with the crowds you get and I assume your stadium also makes money through the week?  

No clue mate, but it appears according to the chairman that we were going to run out of cash. They seem to be blaming that solely on the costs of the academy but that can't be solely to blame since it seemed to be basically washing it's face with player sales.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Is it that outlandish?

I'm now fearing I like a lot of other fans have lost the plot due to this shambles emoji23.png

I still believe Russell has potential. But having seen him at CM it's a no go, he's absolute rank in that position. Don't know what's gone wrong with Russell, maybe it's a confidence thing, I'm not sure. He was definitely a prospect about 3 seasons ago