The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, oot_the_loop said:

Any manager that continues to play 4 centre backs (as I assume thats what Brough is) and more importantly continues to play the weakest spine of a team ever in Fasan, Paton and Haber deserves to be questioned.  None of this 'free ride til January' pish.  He's came in, had a look at the dross Hartley has brought in to the club, decided they are sh*t, and then still plays them.

Mutch, Russell, Robson, Greenwood, Dunne, Froxylias and (im barely able to even comprehend the next name but its true) Mackin deserve more of a chance than their respective counterparts.

I notice Paton didnt apologise today - I can only assume he was happy with his performance.

Totally agree. Despite all the "clean slate for everyone" chat, it's noticeable that Robson is stuck on the bench and the likes of Dunne, Greenwood and Russell cannot even make it whilst all the very worst of the dregs and dross are being given every opportunity to prove just how utterly hopeless they are. I've no idea of the circumstances surrounding Russell's departure from Morton in the summer, but I'd find it disturbing in the extreme if that is contributing to his mystifying absence. I'd be playing him and Robson before any of that abysmal defence. Dunne and Greenwood would be far better off the bench than Lewis f*****g Kidd, the very definition of a nothing footballer now into his third season of stealing a wage from the club. Early days, but worrying that he appears to be ignoring a number of options that could not be possibly be any worse than what we're seeing at the moment.

Mackinnon literally has a choice of 20 players who are not good enough to pick from. I honestly couldn't care less which 11 he picks from that 20, because they're all not good enough.

Playing Russell or Sammut instead of Dallison or Paton isn't going to make any difference- it's like choosing between Taylor Morgan and John Stewart. 

Anyone criticising Mackinnon for our performances when he's inherited a bunch of (being generous) league 2 players needs to get a grip.

Edited by EdiBairn

4 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Mackinnon literally has a choice of 20 players who are not good enough to pick from. I honestly couldn't care less which 11 he picks from that 20, because they're all not good enough.

Playing Russell or Sammut instead of Dallison or Paton isn't going to make any difference- it's like choosing between Taylor Morgan and John Stewart. 

Anyone criticising Mackinnon for our performances when he's inherited a bunch of (being generous) league 2 players needs to get a grip.

Aye, can't get excited about anyone being played or not. Robson is the mysterious one. That said, he did f**k up at Ross County for their first goal so isn't blameless here either. 

Figure we might as well play Froxylius regularly. We'll lose anyway. Might as well be entertained by the odd flick and drag back.

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I still shudder at Hartley replacing Taiwo with Paton, and Watson and Grant with Harrison and Dallison.

Its as if he accepted a bet to bring in someone worse in every position but pay them a bit more.

“Paul will putting things in place to ensure the club is never in this situation again”. Aye, he’s done that alright. We stupidly thought the situation change would be for the better, not much much worse. Horrific.

Truly horrific - even if Hartley had set out to deliberately sabotage things, he couldn't have imagined that he'd be so effective. He has absolutely destroyed us, leaving a mess that will take a long time to fix and, in my opinion, will involve a trip down the leagues.

I understand the fans anger, but turning on McKinnon so soon is crazy and the anger needs directed elsewhere and not towards the players either - they are rank rotten but the blame doesn't lie there. The BoD should be getting it tight.

Massive rebuild required, which will require stability so RM should be given time. 

I don’t think you could have made such a mess of things even if you tried, it has been quite a skill.

Most normal business owners would not tolerate utter failure from their paid employees, they would be out on their ear.

What we got was that utter bilge on Wednesday night and in the match day programme trying to justify poor performance and decision making.

It is frightening the scale of incompetence and to think some people are expecting them to turn it around.

We are stuck with what we have got until January. The target is still to be in touch and no more than 3 points behind 2nd bottom come that time. If we do sign anybody they will not be match sharp either though lack of fitness , match time or both. So by the time they are challenging for a place it's the transfer window again.  So the management can only try to get a system that gets the best out of what we have and minimise the weakness individual players have. Try to grind out points week on week as boring and as negative as it may be we just have to live with it.  If there is no pace at the back do we play a sweeper to sort that out in a back 5. Midfield no more than a further line of defenders and live on breakaways.  Dire as it may sound it's a reality check on how we find ourselves.  The last time the club were this bad was in the mid 70's part time players and the dirtiest, talentless players we ever had. But they tried, kicked and fought their way to survival and better times.  
Aye.
Apart from the bit where they didn't get us to safety. We got relegated to the bottom league and took three years to get out of it.

Great stuff.

I mentioned this on the match thread but the thing that shocked me so much yesterday was how physically timid Falkirk were. There was one point in the first half when Loemba did a half-hearted drag back and the Falkirk player (can't remember who) visibly gave up actually tracking him despite the fact that Loemba was moving at essentially walking pace. 

January will be massive and for McKinnon it will just be a case of trying to finish above Alloa at this rate. 

From an outsiders point of view it is incredible just how badly run the club seems to be at the moment. I, for a number of seasons, held Falkirk up as one of the really good clubs for youth, community work and for having a strong squad on the park. 

20 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I mentioned this on the match thread but the thing that shocked me so much yesterday was how physically timid Falkirk were. There was one point in the first half when Loemba did a half-hearted drag back and the Falkirk player (can't remember who) visibly gave up actually tracking him despite the fact that Loemba was moving at essentially walking pace. 

January will be massive and for McKinnon it will just be a case of trying to finish above Alloa at this rate. 

From an outsiders point of view it is incredible just how badly run the club seems to be at the moment. I, for a number of seasons, held Falkirk up as one of the really good clubs for youth, community work and for having a strong squad on the park. 

If its the one i am thinking of in the first half  it think it may have been Muirhead that tried to get the ball without having the need to tackle and stood off him failing that there was another where i think it may have been Joe McKee in midfield.

I noticed last week we have lost the ability to defend we sit off players and allow them to come at us and have a go and no f**ker has any bottle to try and tackle the only player we have with the ability to tackle is Tommy Robson and he seems to be kept out mainly because Brough seems to be doing a passable effort there.

Edited by AL-FFC

No, I'm just done with your smug, borderline arrogant bullshit. There's a few on here that seem to revel in falkirk falling apart, and you fall into that camp.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Revel? don’t be so fucking stupid.

Angry, frustrated, despondent and embarrassed yes. But revel in it certainly not.

This is your club’s future you are talking about here not some championship manager game pal.

[emoji23][emoji23]
Revel? don’t be so fucking stupid.

Angry, frustrated, despondent and embarrassed yes. But revel in it certainly not.

This is your club’s future you are talking about here not some championship manager game pal.

And yet you can't wait with the I told you so. f**k off and patronize someone else with your "son" pish.

Every weekend seems Groundhog. We discuss formation tinkering, trying to apply Brasso to the stinking turd of a squad in Thurs or Fri.

Manager picks a team no one else would on Saturday.

We lose timidly and count the days til January, while still hoping someone knows there's free agents out there.

Does Lang need to say now how much it's going to cost to effectively sack 3/4 of this squad? Do we need to get the buckets out to get this gang to f**k? 

I'd rather pay money to empty this bunch of charlatans than watch another away game.

And yet you can't wait with the I told you so. f**k off and patronize someone else with your "son" pish.

Are you immune to be challenged on your views? You claimed that this squad could get us out this mess with “coaching”.

I don’t doubt it could be improved to some extent but your a kidding yourself if you think this squad is good enough to do anything better than 9th.

11 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Every weekend seems Groundhog. We discuss formation tinkering, trying to apply Brasso to the stinking turd of a squad in Thurs or Fri.

Manager picks a team no one else would on Saturday.

We lose timidly and count the days til January, while still hoping someone knows there's free agents out there.

Does Lang need to say now how much it's going to cost to effectively sack 3/4 of this squad? Do we need to get the buckets out to get this gang to f**k? 

I'd rather pay money to empty this bunch of charlatans than watch another away game.

My take on Lang's message was that they weren't going to throw money at a problem of their own making. So I reckon the begging bowls will be out soon.

Maybe we could save money by getting rid of, in my opinion, unnecessary paid posts,  or maybe ask SA to defer payments on the South Stand.

All in all its a fucking omnishambles that will take investment, and patience, to fix.

Saddens me to see posters on here, who want the same outcome, snarling at each other!

Edited by Bofabairn

Any manager that continues to play 4 centre backs (as I assume thats what Brough is) and more importantly continues to play the weakest spine of a team ever in Fasan, Paton and Haber deserves to be questioned.  None of this 'free ride til January' pish.  He's came in, had a look at the dross Hartley has brought in to the club, decided they are sh*t, and then still plays them.
Mutch, Russell, Robson, Greenwood, Dunne, Froxylias and (im barely able to even comprehend the next name but its true) Mackin deserve more of a chance than their respective counterparts.
I notice Paton didnt apologise today - I can only assume he was happy with his performance.
Brough is a left back.
Totally agree. Despite all the "clean slate for everyone" chat, it's noticeable that Robson is stuck on the bench and the likes of Dunne, Greenwood and Russell cannot even make it whilst all the very worst of the dregs and dross are being given every opportunity to prove just how utterly hopeless they are. I've no idea of the circumstances surrounding Russell's departure from Morton in the summer, but I'd find it disturbing in the extreme if that is contributing to his mystifying absence. I'd be playing him and Robson before any of that abysmal defence. Dunne and Greenwood would be far better off the bench than Lewis f*****g Kidd, the very definition of a nothing footballer now into his third season of stealing a wage from the club. Early days, but worrying that he appears to be ignoring a number of options that could not be possibly be any worse than what we're seeing at the moment.
Robson is not good enough defensively and therefore, the reason he's not starting at left back, however, I'd be giving him an opportunity on the left wing as he's good at hitting the byeline and getting crosses in.

I also worry that Ray has ill feelings towards Russel and that's why he's not playing. I'd that's the case then he better make sure he sorts this mess out as not playing Russel could contribute to our downfall.

There are quite clearly issues with Greenwood. Everyone keeps thinking they know better than professional managers and stating that he should play, but ask yourself why this is the second manager that won't start him? I'm assuming there is an attitude problem or something.

To the game I thought we were marginally better in some areas but that team will continually fail at this level_ the players are simply not good enough. 
My ratings :
Fasan _ simply the worst ever. 1
Miurhead- some very good long passes and some terrible short ones 4
.Dallison .slightly better but doesn't organise and isn't a leader a mouse in lions clothing - 3
Harrison _ poor 3
Brough _ nothing special - 4
Paton _ worse than a man short - 2
Mckee- too quiet never says a word and lacks confidence. Tried 5
Petra _easily our best player today tried showed and proved he has ability 7
Irvine _ will be a top player one day 4
Haber  totally ineffective 1
Rudden - doesn't work with Haber 2
Subs Lewis best I've seen him but still poor end product 4
Kidd - Needs to shed a stone and find some desire 2
Robson - didn't put a foot wrong 5
Alloa will see next week as an opertunity to cement their league status. 

Harrison and Dallison didn't play that bad yesterday. If your rating McKee above them then I question what game you were watching

Are you immune to be challenged on your views? You claimed that this squad could get us out this mess with “coaching”.

I don’t doubt it could be improved to some extent but your a kidding yourself if you think this squad is good enough to do anything better than 9th.

If you had actually challenged them, we would be having a discussion. You haven't. You've been a snide, patronizing dick.