The Falkirk FC Thread

Get Mackin in for the Alloa game. Exactly the sort of game the big lump is cut out for.

Coaching and organising required?

Can I suggest running out of town for the majority of these to be a better option?

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Can I suggest running out of town for the majority of these to be a better option?

Can't hurt. I mean, that's what coaches are supposed to do, yes? 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He’s been coached in the last 2 weeks. He must be better

Morton thread for this pish patter. Ta. 

I still shudder at Hartley replacing Taiwo with Paton, and Watson and Grant with Harrison and Dallison.

Its as if he accepted a bet to bring in someone worse in every position but pay them a bit more.

“Paul will putting things in place to ensure the club is never in this situation again”. Aye, he’s done that alright. We stupidly thought the situation change would be for the better, not much much worse. Horrific.

“Irvine _ will be a top player one day 4”

Dig me up in Camelon Cemetery and tell me when this happens. Heart of a pea, and epitimises everything that is wrong with young players developed in Scotland in the last 15 years. Will never be a player. 

Edited by NUMBER 7

5 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Are we going to be lucky enough for Alloa to continue to be as shit as us until Christmas? We better hope so but that will be 2 get out of jail free cards in 2 years. So I doubt it.

think of the excitement when we are trying to beat relegation, which we will.after all only one team out this rubbish lot can go up.coyb

11 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Dig me up in Camelon Cemetery and tell me when this happens. Heart of a pea, and epitimises everything that is wrong with young players developed in Scotland in the last 15 years. Will never be a player. 

He looked quite promising in his first 2 or 3 games, albeit in the context of everyone round about him being utterly hopeless. He was poor at Ayr last week though, costing us the first goal through overplaying, and largely anonymous today. He was only signed on a 6-month loan and you wonder if he is already thinking "F**k this, just get through to January and then I'm out of here" I would not start him next week against Alloa, although none of the alternatives are any more appealing really. Surely Sammut is worth a selection ahead of any of Irving, Paton or McKee, who has done precious little in the past 2 games either. Tbh, talking about team selection, formation etc is akin to shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic, it all comes round to the same conclusion, which is that we'll be visiting Forfar and Arbroath on league business very soon.

Yeah I don’t really get some of the praise that Irving gets. He had a decent debut against Inverness but he’s been pretty shite since. Game totally passed him by yet again.

The only thing he brings is that he actively wants to take set pieces. Was some laugh when we got a corner when he went off and nae c**t wanted to go take it.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

You sound quite happy that your right. But of course you wish you were wrong don't you? 

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

I saw that shite Lang wrote on the website was in the programme today. It didn’t read any better their either.

We could all see the improvement in the first 45 minutes at Ayr. Well love the last 135 minutes since have been shite. Not to worry though we can hang our hats on those famous 45 minutes

We are stuck with what we have got until January. The target is still to be in touch and no more than 3 points behind 2nd bottom come that time. If we do sign anybody they will not be match sharp either though lack of fitness , match time or both. So by the time they are challenging for a place it's the transfer window again.  So the management can only try to get a system that gets the best out of what we have and minimise the weakness individual players have. Try to grind out points week on week as boring and as negative as it may be we just have to live with it.  If there is no pace at the back do we play a sweeper to sort that out in a back 5. Midfield no more than a further line of defenders and live on breakaways.  Dire as it may sound it's a reality check on how we find ourselves.  The last time the club were this bad was in the mid 70's part time players and the dirtiest, talentless players we ever had. But they tried, kicked and fought their way to survival and better times.  

Missed the game today but obviously didn’t sound good.
How they’ve managed to assemble such a bad team is genuinely baffling. The only rational explanation is deliberate sabotage. Fucking woeful.
We’ll still stay up. Nae luck Morton.

Stage 1: Denial.

6f99f0a9-c7bb-4a00-ba3b-ae6ca715a8ec.jpg

Any manager that continues to play 4 centre backs (as I assume thats what Brough is) and more importantly continues to play the weakest spine of a team ever in Fasan, Paton and Haber deserves to be questioned.  None of this 'free ride til January' pish.  He's came in, had a look at the dross Hartley has brought in to the club, decided they are sh*t, and then still plays them.

Mutch, Russell, Robson, Greenwood, Dunne, Froxylias and (im barely able to even comprehend the next name but its true) Mackin deserve more of a chance than their respective counterparts.

I notice Paton didnt apologise today - I can only assume he was happy with his performance.