The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

We need a massive influx of players in January. Do t see how anything else will save us.

We are on form to lose 1-0 to alloa the coming week. And that's me being optimistic.

Today's performance confirmed that the "cling on to Alloa's coattails until January" strategy is never, ever going to work. It will be far, far too late by then on all available evidence to date.

As suggested by others, we really need about 7 or 8 free agents right now to stand any sort of  a chance.

This is the biggest collection of dross masquerading as a Falkirk squad ever assembled, certainly in recent memory.

Of that starting eleven today, perhaps two have any business collecting a wage as a professional footballer.

This is reminiscent of the season Raith Rovers handed over the keys to Claude Anelka, who proceeded to bring in a job lot of French diddies. Raith finished that season 30 points adrift of safety. Mitchell is the UK equivalent of Le Fraud.

Edited by AGPar

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

This is the lowest ebb ever. The worst squad in my years alive. I know people will hark back to Dave Clarke, and that was bad, but this is worse. There's less talent here. 

There's now no fan who wouldnt be pleased and relieved by a 0-0 v Alloa. That's where we are. 

We have to beat Alloa next week. It's non-negotiable. 

What about the coaching? 
You're actually loving this, in some twisted nasty fashion, aren't you?

Again, since your too fucking dense or ignorant to get it, even shite players can be improved with effective coaching. It's literally one of the ways players develop. The issue is whether these players can improve enough. And it's starting to look very unlikely that most of them can be. Doesn't mean Ray and Co won't try, regardless of what your petty arse thinks.

4 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

This is the lowest ebb ever. The worst squad in my years alive. I know people will hark back to Dave Clarke, and that was bad, but this is worse. There's less talent here. 

There's now no fan who wouldnt be pleased and relieved by a 0-0 v Alloa. That's where we are. 

I would be inclined to agree with you on that failing that it would be Lambie era but his escape clause on that was we were playing in the Premier.

Thought Lewis done a few good runs only for Kidd to f**k it up, Fasan is hopeless, Dallison is never a central defender, Haber offers nothing and for a guy his height that cant win a header wtf.

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

You're actually loving this, in some twisted nasty fashion, aren't you?

Again, since your too fucking dense or ignorant to get it, even shite players can be improved with effective coaching. It's literally one of the ways players develop. The issue is whether these players can improve enough. And it's starting to look very unlikely that most of them can be. Doesn't mean Ray and Co won't try, regardless of what your petty arse thinks.

Your opinion changes on a near hourly basis. 

I was at the game again today and I certainly wasn't "loving this". Were you? 

No need for the aggression. 

22 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The bit that I love is the bit that is gnawing away at every Morten punter on here....

It’s temporary for us, it’s permanent for them.

Think you might find that Claire Whyte might be deciding a different destiny for you and rather sooner than you think.

Your opinion changes on a near hourly basis. 
I was at the game again today and I certainly wasn't "loving this". Were you? 
No need for the aggression. 
I was willing to give Ray the chance to work with them before finally killing them off. Not going to apologise for that, it's his job to coach and improve players after all. It's increasingly obvious that a lot of them are just way above their level and need shifting on.

And no, I wasn't. I was in Dundee with the kids enjoying a rare day out. Away and play real fan bingo elsewhere.

And no need for aggression? Maybe don't quote people with single sentence digs if you don't want an earthy reply.

41 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Of course, sarcastic replies to images and calling people thick 'weedgie' c***s are CLEAR signs you're not seething. 

I'm humbled and most appreciative of your concern, but I think I'll stick around thanks. 

You are more focused on Falkirk than your own team and I find that a bit weird.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I was willing to give Ray the chance to work with them before finally killing them off. Not going to apologise for that, it's his job to coach and improve players after all. It's increasingly obvious that a lot of them are just way above their level and need shifting on.

And no, I wasn't. I was in Dundee with the kids enjoying a rare day out. Away and play real fan bingo elsewhere.

And no need for aggression? Maybe don't quote people with single sentence digs if you don't want an earthy reply.

I've chucked thousands of pounds into following Falkirk for years, you can accuse me of a lot of things but enjoying us getting beaten isn't one of them. 

You are more focused on Falkirk than your own team and I find that a bit weird.
It's not weird though, it's standard behavior for that lot. You know it's a serious illness when even the usually restrained Dunning is getting involved with it.

I've chucked thousands of pounds into following Falkirk for years, you can accuse me of a lot of things but enjoying us getting beaten isn't one of them. 
You're off on the wrong foot, for one thing. I was referring to you gloating over the coaching remarks, but you carry on.

I'm not sure why there is as much hysteria about today as there seems to be. For me there have been definite improvements in last two games in terms of general shape and defensive concentration/dicipline. Yes, mistakes are still being made and we lack quality in key areas but there are definite green shoots in terms of chances being created. Utd scored with their only two real chances today and neither were the fault of our centre half's who were generally comfortable throughout. Had we started with Rudden playing centrally and Lewis on from the start instead of Haber, I suspect it would have been a different result. Hopefully McKinnon seen that. Fasan is a bit of a liability though. I'm quite confident we will beat Alloa given the last two games to be honest.

3 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:

I'm not sure why there is as much hysteria about today as there seems to be. For me there have been definite improvements in last two games in terms of general shape and defensive concentration/dicipline. Yes, mistakes are still being made and we lack quality in key areas but there are definite green shoots in terms of chances being created. Utd scored with their only two real chances today and neither were the fault of our centre half's who were generally comfortable throughout. Had we started with Rudden playing centrally and Lewis on from the start instead of Haber, I suspect it would have been a different result. Hopefully McKinnon seen that. Fasan is a bit of a liability though. I'm quite confident we will beat Alloa given the last two games to be honest.

Why on earth would Lewis starting have made any difference? He started nearly every game under Hartley and we were absolutely woeful.

Why on earth would Lewis starting have made any difference? He started nearly every game under Hartley and we were absolutely woeful.
In terms of general shape it was much better with him using his pace down the left as opposed to Haber looking like he didn't really want to be playing today when through the middle. I'm not for a minute suggesting Lewis should have that role after January but for now he will do us a turn.