The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

McKinnon saying only injuries are Mitchell and McGhee.

Be interesting to see whether Irving, Dunne or Greenwood get a game. Especially being at home. 

Or Russell 

I hope Dallison is on the bench, really is my only thing

I have heard three unconnected stories wrt Hartley’s attitude towards people in and around the club, and all three stories paint a picture of a thoroughly unpleasant individual. That’s no reflection on his other abilities, but in terms of dealing with other people, he seemed to be “difficult”.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You clearly do not grasp the concept of “love”.

Fife love. Hard, brutal and sisterly. 

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I have heard three unconnected stories wrt Hartley’s attitude towards people in and around the club, and all three stories paint a picture of a thoroughly unpleasant individual. That’s no reflection on his other abilities, but in terms of dealing with other people, he seemed to be “a c**t"

FTFY. 

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Guess the Team Bingo times. It is a rollover of all rollovers this week. Prize still not won this season

• Mutch
  • Russell
  • Muirhead
  • Harrison
  • Robson
  • Paton
  • Irving
  • Froxy
  • Greenwood 
  • Rudden
  • Petra

In a 4-1-3-2, I'll be at least four players off and the formation will be wrong. 

11 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:
12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:
If Dallison's playing I'm going to run up to the dugout to kick Ray squarely in the chuckies!

Better off kicking Dallison in the chuckies, easier target and far easier to catch up to.

Very true.

Serious question now. Given what was being said about Petra before, versus his performance last week, its clear that there was quite probably an issue with the performance levels of some players relating either to their relationahip with Hartley, or his system not suiting them.

So in regards to Dallison who was the one I thought pre season would be at the highest level of our signings, what is there that is salvageable to make a player.

Lets assume for the sake of the arguement that he is not quite as bad as he has seemed.

First look, I liked the way he seemed to want to step out of defence with his head up and look for a pass. But Centre Halfs of course need to defend first. Is the laddie a write off?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Serious question now. Given what was being said about Petra before, versus his performance last week, its clear that there was quite probably an issue with the performance levels of some players relating either to their relationahip with Hartley, or his system not suiting them.

So in regards to Dallison who was the one I thought pre season would be at the highest level of our signings, what is there that is salvageable to make a player.

Lets assume for the sake of the arguement that he is not quite as bad as he has seemed.

First look, I liked the way he seemed to want to step out of defence with his head up and look for a pass. But Centre Halfs of course need to defend first. Is the laddie a write off?

My main issue with Dallison is that he seldom ever seems to put in a tackle. Usually ends up running alongside his opponent in the hope that he can nick the ball rather than put his foot in. Harrison isn't very good and is very slow but he is at least willing to tackle and put his body in the way when required.