The Falkirk FC Thread

I guess “Join zip to Bairns For Life for a tenner a month, and we will issue shares to the value of the money raised to the BFL group” would be a start.

Given the consensus that it would be madness for the BoD to shovel their own money into the club with nothing in return, then that must hold true for the average supporter too. Give shares to the BFL group,  and I will happily sign up.

Yeah I agree with this.

It's clear the board who are supposedly fans like us are unwilling to put their money in without something in return so give out shares and I will gladly donate to BFL.

Yeah I agree with this.  
It's clear the board who are supposedly fans like us are unwilling to put their money in without something in return so give out shares and I will gladly donate to BFL.

One thing was 100% inaccurate about the statement was that all the Board are Falkirk supporters.

They may all want the best for the club however KK for example does not hide from the fact he is a fan of Celtic. CC is a Hibs supporter.

Yeah I agree with this.  

My understanding is that it is the BFL guys call not to take shares not the other way around.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

My understanding is that it is the BFL guys call not to take shares not the other way around.

Well if so, I would say they are undermining their own initiative and condemning it to limp along with around 100 to 150 members. Take the shares, and they could easily double or perhaps even triple membership within a year.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Branch Ton said:
Chances are you will be paying us £100k for Bob McHugh in January. One more to add to your pile. 

We do whatever we want. We take whoever we want.

I doubt that, you can’t even take the piss properly.

I can just imagine Houston's first day at Greenock

"Get rid of those right and left midfielders, that's what centre midfielder's are there for"
Meh. Houston could never really get one over on Morton. Smith and Hartley slapped the piss out of them x 3 last season.

Thing is, I harbour absolutely no ill feeling whatsoever towards Houston. Not sure if Morton fans think this somehow adds spice but for me personally it takes some away.

Top guy, loves Falkirk, loves #scenes, ultimately got undone by a set of dressing room cunters much worse than the St Mirren ones currently (rather bizzarely) being called snakes by the media.

Meh. Houston could never really get one over on Morton. Smith and Hartley slapped the piss out of them x 3 last season.

Thing is, I harbour absolutely no ill feeling whatsoever towards Houston. Not sure if Morton fans think this somehow adds spice but for me personally it takes some away.

Top guy, loves Falkirk, loves #scenes, ultimately got undone by a set of dressing room cunters much worse than the St Mirren ones currently (rather bizzarely) being called snakes by the media.
I actually still like Houston. I was sometimes puzzled by his selections but I suppose every manager is the same.

I don't think many fans have any I'll feelings towards him

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I, for one, hope that he gets a very good reception from the Falkirk fans when we meet.

I, for one, hope that he gets a very good reception from the Falkirk fans when we meet.
Hee wouldnt try to goad us in the media anyway, but having seen and enjoyed all of his WUM patter, I would genuinely be pretty amused if he started calling us journeymen or something like that.

Mon Houstie, teach these fucking mutants through there a bit of decent bantz

33 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Fucking hell.

Even as a rival club, and no doubt put us bottom of the fucking league, I'd love it if Falkirk absolutely rob you of all 3 points in your next game. A massively offside goal or some nonsense just for the absolute glorious meltdown.

Better still: you go bottom of the league, sack AJ than tap up Johanssen & Houstie.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

I actually still like Houston. I was sometimes puzzled by his selections but I suppose every manager is the same.

I don't think many fans have any I'll feelings towards him

Football logic is so weird at times like flicking an on off switch.

Lee Miller, Mark Kerr got booed repeatedly after their first exit and on their return worshipped, Mark Stewart strangely got booed amongst many other strange ones.

I hope Houston gets the respect he deserves but sometimes it can be a two way thing, I've always said we will look back in time and realise how good a job Houston did all bar the last one.

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He left just before the Welsh pre-season tour. Not a good parting of the ways I believe.

Gordon young incident and another court  case upcoming ?

Getting my Morton head on here....

Aren't we due compensation for Houston, I'd guess 150k to 250k