The Falkirk FC Thread

I can't see any mention in the email I got of £50k going to Morton for McKinnon and co.

Also if what she says is true Project Brave seems to be a major factor in scrapping the academy. Appears to be another example of the powers that be looking after the bigger clubs and f**k all the rest.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Academy was approx 100k. The rest of the projected savings which was the biggest chunk was the dev squad.

if that's the case wouldn't we still have 300k+ plus in costs because we still have a reserve team? What point do they stop being academy players and become development players and is it a requirement of the set up that you need a development team for them to go to after they pass a certain age bracket?

I'm not at all in the know about the nuances of the situation at Falkirk, but I did just read a long FAQ that consisted mostly of the Chairperson doing her utmost best to cover her own ass and nit actually address anything. Sad state of affairs, really.

2009/2010 was the last season in the Prem, right? About time you lot got back there then, all the best mopping up Hartley's mess with this board in place.

4 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

if that's the case wouldn't we still have 300k+ plus in costs because we still have a reserve team? What point do they stop being academy players and become development players and is it a requirement of the set up that you need a development team for them to go to after they pass a certain age bracket?

No requirement to have a dev squad. Clubs further down the pecking order than us have academys but no development team. I would presume that everyone in the reserve side would be seen as first team squad members and therefore included in the first team budget . 

Lets not forget that a group of business men were going to fund the academy at no cost to the club and yet these cretins still knocked it back. No mention of that funnily enough.

Edited by Shodwall cat

This is by far the most terrifying part of that statement :-

"As when we dealt with the January 2018 window we would expect there to be outgoings as well as incomings. What was done there effectively balanced off. Given the budget model we are now working with any sums we accrue over budget can go straight to first team resources.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

No requirement to have a dev squad. Clubs further down the pecking order than us have academys but no development team. I would presume that everyone in the reserve side would be seen as first team squad members and therefore included in the first team budget . 

Cheers, I'd really like to see a complete breakdown of the costs as it would appear based on what you have said that the development squad was costing 300K+ a year but I can't imagine how that would be possible given that it was hardly a squad of players getting paid a lot, they must have all been on youth contracts and there aren't any physical liabilities to account for it.

3 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

This is by far the most terrifying part of that statement :-

"As when we dealt with the January 2018 window we would expect there to be outgoings as well as incomings. What was done there effectively balanced off. Given the budget model we are now working with any sums we accrue over budget can go straight to first team resources.

Why? It says stuff without saying f**k all. Doesn’t say there’s no budget left. Just that it’s unlikely to change unless people are moved on. (There’s pretty much no chance any over budget events will happen - increased gate numbers, more commercial revenue, competition prize money or sales from players). 

1 minute ago, GMBairn said:

Cheers, I'd really like to see a complete breakdown of the costs as it would appear based on what you have said that the development squad was costing 300K+ a year but I can't imagine how that would be possible given that it was hardly a squad of players getting paid a lot, they must have all been on youth contracts and there aren't any physical liabilities to account for it.

Theres the costs of travel and other expenses such like which also has to be taken into account.  You also have to remember that Alex Tottens sportsmans dinner raised circa 50k every year towards the costs of the academy. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

This bit is wild.

As a result of a full operational and financial review, we have reduced costs by over £500,000 in the past eight months. Had we not taken this action the club would have run out of cash in April 2018.

That's beyond wild. 

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

If we kept the academy paid for by external sources and ditched the dev squad we'd have the same budget as we have the now and still had an academy. 

Just need to find someone with a spare 150k a year.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I love how she keeps flinging the costs of the developement team in with the cost of the academy to make it look like we're saving a fortune by binning the kids. Also love how she asks all these questions and then ignores them in the answers.  She knows she should be out the door but is doing everything to cling on.

It's not her asking the questions m9

56 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No mention i notice of whether they agree that the standard of player brought in was pish. Also seems to think we could still make the playoffs on 45 mins against Ayr. The womens completely deluded.

Just like Ray, how can she possibly say they are all pish when they are still contracted at the club, what good would that do. 

53 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lets not forget that a group of business men were going to fund the academy at no cost to the club and yet these cretins still knocked it back. No mention of that funnily enough.

There are no development teams. There is no development league. 

Binning that acadmemy was 100% correct decision the minute we we were told we were not in the elite. 

52 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

CC will be possibly the highest wage at the club and I can’t see the point in him being here at all.

Does anyone have a clue what he does if he isn't involved in anyway in strategy, recruitment or player selection?  Maybe he organises friendlies?

Edited by ATB1961
typo

2 minutes ago, ATB1961 said:

Does anyone have a clue what he does if he isn't involved in anyway in strategy, recruitment or player selection?  Maybe he organises friendlies?

According to my extensive football manager experience it is the assistant manager that organises and handles friendlies so we can only assume he does nothing but put out pishy statements and argue with fans about the badge.