The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

On a plus point Morton supporters can calm the f**k down now knowing they got 50k compensation and there was a release clause in McKinnons contract.

Just now, BountyBairn said:

Does it say that? 

I must have missed that part too. 

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Again we have not been stuck in the championship for the past 10 years because we had an academy for christs sake. We are in this league still due to god awful recruitment of players to play alongside our academy players like kingsley and mcgrandles etc. Funnily enough we now dont have an academy and our recruitment is still shite and now we're even further away from. promotion than we were in all the years we had an academy. 

I think the point was made to let people know that although players that came through the academy were sold for money, most of that money was used to pay for the academy. 

Second place or ninth is the same with regards to getting up in this league. We'd all rather be second, don't get me wrong, but it still didn't get us up.

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

On a plus point Morton supporters can calm the f**k down now knowing they got 50k compensation and there was a release clause in McKinnons contract.

Morton haven't been paid anything, the compo was for the hairy tramp.

I love how she keeps flinging the costs of the developement team in with the cost of the academy to make it look like we're saving a fortune by binning the kids. Also love how she asks all these questions and then ignores them in the answers.  She knows she should be out the door but is doing everything to cling on.

Just now, Bairn Necessities said:

There's actually some decent stuff in there . Some laugh out loud stuff as well (Some fans were asking why Paul Hartley did nt get more time" Were they f**k. Unless their addresses were in Dundee. 

Hiya buddy.

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

I think the point was made to let people know that although players that came through the academy were sold for money, most of that money was used to pay for the academy. 

Second place or ninth is the same with regards to getting up in this league. We'd all rather be second, don't get me wrong, but it still didn't get us up.

Morton haven't been paid anything, the compo was for the hairy tramp.

We needed to change the structure and not bin the academy. The biggest drain on finances was the development team. We couldve binned that kept a reserve team like we havr now and given other youngsters first team experience through loaning them out. 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

We needed to change the structure and not bin the academy. The biggest drain on finances was the development team. We couldve binned that kept a reserve team like we havr now and given other youngsters first team experience through loaning them out. 

What was the cost breakdown between the academy and the dev team, not seeing/seen that anywhere?

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

What was the cost breakdown between the academy and the dev team, not seeing/seen that anywhere?

Academy was approx 100k. The rest of the projected savings which was the biggest chunk was the dev squad.

Edited by Shodwall cat