The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
I wasn't disagreeing with Shodwell's point about closing the academy I was just pointing out that there didnt seem to be 4/5 players from it that were ready to step in to the first team and help us with promotion.  I am still on the un-decided side of whether it was a good idea to close it down to be honest I can see the argument from both sides. The fact is though its gone and we need to move on those that were responsible will need to be accountable if/when it backfires (although current predicament looks as if it will be when).  Time will tell if we all get called to the main stand again for an emergency begging bowl meeting.
In regards to the lad who made his debut for the Sevco reserves shouldn't the ex academy staff be held accountable to a certain extent if players weren't being developed properly or at the rate they should have been?

The lad just left our academy when it closed and signed a two year deal with Rangers. It is not our Academy people who decide who the first team take on. That is the manager at the time.

You also have the lad McBride who signed for Celtic and the other that went to Brentford

Guest Back Post Misses
How do we know the guy wasn't just filling a jersey for the reserves? Let's not collectively piss or pants again. 

He left our Academy, Rangers gave him a 2 year contract and he made his debut for the reserves yesterday. Doesn’t sound like jersey filling to me

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I dont think we can blame the folk in the academy for any of this given the return they've given us over the years.  The likes of Maxwell would've been hitting our first team right at the right time this season but was allowed to leave for feck all. Was speaking to Tam McManus at the Davie Hagen do on Friday night. He works with the pro youth set up and was utterly shocked at the fact that Falkirk had given up on their academy given the amount of talent coming through.  A few of the younger players were the hottest prospects in Scottish football according to him.  All have moved on to other clubs including one boy whose moved to St Mirren who he was raving about .  Sad day and a crazy decision especially given the mess we are currently in.

Like I said I am not sure what the full details were behind closing it there were a few things flying about at the time cost of running vs gross profit, the nonsense in regards to 'Elite' status and SFA funding, the other Falkirk based clubs not prepared to put anything in to it. Only time will tell if it is the right decision but the matter of the fact is it's gone and it doesnt look like it will be coming back soon. I did think however that we got some sort of compo for some of the guys that did move on although can't find anything to back that up. 

1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

I wasn't disagreeing with Shodwell's point about closing the academy I was just pointing out that there didnt seem to be 4/5 players from it that were ready to step in to the first team and help us with promotion.  I am still on the un-decided side of whether it was a good idea to close it down to be honest I can see the argument from both sides. The fact is though its gone and we need to move on those that were responsible will need to be accountable if/when it backfires (although current predicament looks as if it will be when).  Time will tell if we all get called to the main stand again for an emergency begging bowl meeting.

In regards to the lad who made his debut for the Sevco reserves shouldn't the ex academy staff be held accountable to a certain extent if players weren't being developed properly or at the rate they should have been?

Houston set our academy back a few years with not giving the academy players some game time which he only did when his hand was forced.....See Botti Biabi and Gallacher with the latter not ready. The players sold, the fees and the games played by Biabi, Gallacher and Blair prove we weren't using the academy to its potential, tho the Gallacher deal a miracle the lower fees for Biabi and Blair represent the game time given in the first team. Blair like Gallacher sold on his development performances and Biabi sold on his cup final cup performance.

A prime example of Houston not giving the academy players a chance was he'd rather have played Gasporoto at right back than the youth scotland international right back we had in the academy for years

8 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

This game on the 20th is shaping up to be the best attended match at Cappielow for years.

There's your compensation right there.

Since they were in the 3rd or 4th tier of Scottish fitba surely 

28 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Like I said I am not sure what the full details were behind closing it there were a few things flying about at the time cost of running vs gross profit, the nonsense in regards to 'Elite' status and SFA funding, the other Falkirk based clubs not prepared to put anything in to it. Only time will tell if it is the right decision but the matter of the fact is it's gone and it doesnt look like it will be coming back soon. I did think however that we got some sort of compo for some of the guys that did move on although can't find anything to back that up. 

We got feck all apart from sell on clauses for McBride and Mitchell. Further incompetence.

On 17/09/2018 at 20:54, GMBairn said:

Just accept that your chairman made a Jeremy Hunt of his contract cause he didn't want to pay him compo if he sacked him and that you are getting hee haw and we certainly won't be getting any points deducted.

Your evidence for this is what exactly?

You might like to brush up on your use of pronouns and put down the lighter fuel before you draft a reply.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Have you actually seen him play?

Nice bit of whataboutery there. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

He left our Academy, Rangers gave him a 2 year contract and he made his debut for the reserves yesterday. Doesn’t sound like jersey filling to me

Was does that prove? How many academy players do clubs the size of Rangers have? They need a set number of players to fill out squads, training sessions and the like. The fact he is an academy player means they feel he might have promise. 

Can't believe after everyone saying that Sammut is a jersey filler at Chelsea, we've now gone the other way and are saying this guy is great because he's got a jersey at the Rangers academy and has played a reserve game. 

If he makes a lot of appearances, and gets on the bench for a league game or goes out on loan, u til then there's literally nothing to see other than a club signing a young player to fill a roster spot in a youth team. Has it occurred to anyone that he was likely filling a jersey due to injury or similar, or are we just off on another f**k the board rampage.?

3 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Your evidence for this is what exactly?

You might like to brush up on your use of pronouns and put down the lighter fuel before you draft a reply.

Your chairman has what evidence that we induced Ray to break his contract? To get compensation from Falkirk, that will have to be proven. Even then, there won't be points deducted. 

You're pretty much becoming a fixture here. Nobody wants you here though. A bit like the Morton thread. And every other thread. 

And no, I'm neither angry nor raging. My heads not gone either. You however, are tedious beyond words. 

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Was does that prove? How many academy players do clubs the size of Rangers have? They need a set number of players to fill out squads, training sessions and the like. The fact he is an academy player means they feel he might have promise. 

Can't believe after everyone saying that Sammut is a jersey filler at Chelsea, we've now gone the other way and are saying this guy is great because he's got a jersey at the Rangers academy and has played a reserve game. 

If he makes a lot of appearances, and gets on the bench for a league game or goes out on loan, u til then there's literally nothing to see other than a club signing a young player to fill a roster spot in a youth team. Has it occurred to anyone that he was likely filling a jersey due to injury or similar, or are we just off on another f**k the board rampage.?

No whataboutery at all. I saw him play on a number of occasions and the boys a fantastic talent which is why a number of clubs were chasing him when we decided to just let him go.  But as I said never mind we've got Tom Owen Evans and Dan Turner so that makes up for it anyhow.

Edited by Shodwall cat

6 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I think the bod have fucked us far more than we've fucked them.