The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

So you're suggesting that between McKinnon and assistant, wages will be 400k for two years? Assuming your lunatic chairman gets his mythical 100k compo? Hartley will have left with a few months payoff and Gordon Young left for another job. 

Not to mention the fact that we'd have been paying Hartley & Young in any case.

I think we have pretty much done it to death now. We go with what we have plus the hope of organisation and coaching doing enough to get us to 8th or better, or McKinnon finds a couple of free agents to make 8th a bit more of a realistic prospect.

Other than us, there doesn’t seem to be too much in the way of cannon fodder in the league, and most teams seem well capable of taking points from each other, so the slender hope in January is that there might be more than two targets close enough to catch. For it to happen we simply cannot afford to lose the next three games. Lose those, and it’s probably game over. I doubt any team that loses 8 straight and tries to get out of it with the same players has much of a chance.

I don’t know what the lowest ever points tally for 8th place is, but we might be putting it to the test this season.

1 hour ago, Crawford Baptie said:

As someone whose not as ITK as yourself, it would be interesting to get a list of these players and wages for curiosity purposes.

He was rumoured to be in a couple of grand a week. Clearly, the club never comments on contracts, and Loy was never going to out himself as a wage thief on that kind of level. 

Guest Back Post Misses
How much do you think  Rat and his pack are getting then?  
By the way I didn’t factor in place money lost due to your points deduction on the basis you will be bottom irregardless. 

My guess 60k

17 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Quite right Shodwall.

After all, if BPM is correct then the BOD wasted time trying to recruit two other managers before finally getting their third choice on deadline day.

They should have known those guys would knock us back and not bothered talking to them. They should have had the foresight - and the hindsight that you have - to have gone straight to McKinnnon first. Then he'd have had a couple of extra days to get in a right back and we could have signed Ralston after all.

Oh, apart from the fact that he didn't want to come. Which - to go back to my original point - had nothing to do with the BOD.  

He probably didn't want to come because we are an utter shambles at the moment.  We've played 5 lost 5 and are immersed in a relegation fight. Who would want to join us? The reason we are in this mess is due to decisions made by the board of directors.  Closing our academy and setting about a plan to allow a clown of a scout to sign dumplings from down south that wouldnt get a game with dukla pumpherston never mind a team supposedly looking for promotion to the premiership.  This resulted in them having to fire our manager after only 3 games of the season  having allowed the idiot to spend the majority of our budget on complete dross and giving the replacement feck all time to do anything to fix these issues. Aye its got feck all to do with the bod.

16 hours ago, MrDust said:

I am not resorting to anything, St Mirren on Friday night another example of a manager going in and applying tactics and formation with coaching through the week to get the best out the team, like McKinnon its one league game and it could fall like a pack of cards but St Mirren were a team in a mess under Stubbs also.

So my coaching might work but likely to fail......hmmmmm I never went to the doctors today thinking I might be ok but I could die. I think both scenarios have something to do with me not being a football coach or a doctor.

I also didnt tell you to give up supporting FFC, I had gave my opinion on what Id do if I was as doom and gloom as you have portrayed I wouldve gave up.

Todays post was brought to you without the word sage

We had the Miller and Kerr project or even Maybury and Smith has emigrated to OZ. Hartley has wiped out all that we had in place to be replaced with a mess which needs rebuilt again, playing and coaching

I believe Kearney at St Mirren had the luxury of binning most of Stubbs's shite from Fridays line up. They had enough of Jack Ross players to do that .

So apples and oranges compared to McKinnon.

1 hour ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Rumours can be made up by anyone. Edi McShep seems to have the insight on all of these dealings. Just hoping he would share.

In the past we used to, I believe, pay two wages to the likes of Latapy. One as a player and one as a coach . That's how we were able to afford him,John O'Neil, etc. 

51 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He probably didn't want to come because we are an utter shambles at the moment.  We've played 5 lost 5 and are immersed in a relegation fight. Who would want to join us? The reason we are in this mess is due to decisions made by the board of directors.  Closing our academy and setting about a plan to allow a clown of a scout to sign dumplings from down south that wouldnt get a game with dukla pumpherston never mind a team supposedly looking for promotion to the premiership.  This resulted in them having to fire our manager after only 3 games of the season  having allowed the idiot to spend the majority of our budget on complete dross and giving the replacement feck all time to do anything to fix these issues. Aye its got feck all to do with the bod.

I don't disagree with you but tell me who from the academy, as it was,  would have been good enough to make the step up and help us gain promotion had we had kept it going?

51 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I believe Kearney at St Mirren had the luxury of binning most of Stubbs's shite from Fridays line up. They had enough of Jack Ross players to do that .

So apples and oranges compared to McKinnon.

Not with tactics and formation tho

15 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

I don't disagree with you but tell me who from the academy, as it was,  would have been good enough to make the step up and help us gain promotion had we had kept it going?

I can tell you now I'd much rather have had someone like Johnny Mitchell available for selection just now than some of the complete numpties we have currently. We've all been over this before there were a number of decent players coming through . The likes of James Maxwell was a  top prospect who  has now been replaced by the superb Tom Owen Evans and Dan Turner.  Thats a fantastic move forward.

Edited by Shodwall cat

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Not with tactics and formation tho

Players are much more important imo. He was able to bring in Anton Ferdinand which looks vital. I thought had a great game. Tactics and formation are important obviously, but only if you have a base level of talent to mould. St Mirren seem to. We clearly don't.

He would have had much more trouble playing the way they did if he'd had a squad almost entirely full of Stubbs signings. St Mirren were really lucky he didn't do more damage than he did. 

Just now, Bairn Necessities said:

Players are much more important imo. He was able to bring in Anton Ferdinand which looks vital. I thought had a great game. Tactics and formation are important obviously, but only if you have a base level of talent to mould. St Mirren seem to. We clearly don't.

He would have had much more trouble playing the way they did if he'd had a squad almost entirely full of Stubbs signings. St Mirren were really lucky he didn't do more damage than he did. 

Recruitment is everything in modern day football. You can be the best coach in the world but if you sign shite you'll be out on your arse.

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
18 hours ago, Bailey1874 said:
Just an honest question:
When your first two Managerial choices knocked you back, was there nobody else at the club that could have taken over 'till January?  Rather than your BOD spending their time taking McKinnon and his backroom staff (knowing that that would be a large financial burden {wages & compensation}) and with no time for signings?

No idea who you are or who you support but pipe down or we'll take your shit too.

Only 1 officially knocked us back as far as I am aware, McIntyre is the only one who has mentioned that we went for him. Clearly holding out for the St Mirren job as well that worked out well for him.