The Falkirk FC Thread

Both your knock backs are better managers that McKinnon. They simply had rather more integrity than  to go where all that was on  offer was money without any proper squad foundation on which to build a team. Glad you think spunking £0.5m to pay salary to, and compensation for,  the mercenary wee scrote and his entourage will guarantee success in the seaside leagues.

Do you seriously think the only reason McKinnon joined us was down to money & a lack of what you deem to be integrity? If yes is the answer I think you are deluded. Maybe have a look a little closer to home for the answer. Also another idea might be to get over it! I did when McCall left, it only took me 10 years! [emoji112]

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

But you are resorting to teams being down and out and avoiding relegation as the norm. How many times do teams that are down and out and look rotten NOT have an amazing turnaround under a new manager and end up getting relegated. Let me tell you....every single season in every league in the world.

You want to give us your sage wisdom that a bit of coaching will fix this,then fine. It might work, but it’s likely to fail. Of course, you will take the path that if it fails, it’s because they weren’t being coached properly. Please don’t tell me when to support and not support FFC. I have been doing that for longer than you have been alive, and that’s certainly a bit of your sage advice that’s well worth ignoring.

I am not resorting to anything, St Mirren on Friday night another example of a manager going in and applying tactics and formation with coaching through the week to get the best out the team, like McKinnon its one league game and it could fall like a pack of cards but St Mirren were a team in a mess under Stubbs also.

So my coaching might work but likely to fail......hmmmmm I never went to the doctors today thinking I might be ok but I could die. I think both scenarios have something to do with me not being a football coach or a doctor.

I also didnt tell you to give up supporting FFC, I had gave my opinion on what Id do if I was as doom and gloom as you have portrayed I wouldve gave up.

Todays post was brought to you without the word sage

3 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

Just an honest question:

When your first two Managerial choices knocked you back, was there nobody else at the club that could have taken over 'till January?  Rather than your BOD spending their time taking McKinnon and his backroom staff (knowing that that would be a large financial burden {wages & compensation}) and with no time for signings?

We had the Miller and Kerr project or even Maybury and Smith has emigrated to OZ. Hartley has wiped out all that we had in place to be replaced with a mess which needs rebuilt again, playing and coaching

13 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

We've got three under 23 coaches and Alex Totten who were available. Alex Smith also volunteered to come back from Australia until Jan but the BOD thought, "Let's f**k up the Morton fans for the lulz". 

Gets my vote anyway.

Fair enough, it was a genuine question- I think I'm happy enough with the way it's worked out for us, but time will tell.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I am not resorting to anything, St Mirren on Friday night another example of a manager going in and applying tactics and formation with coaching through the week to get the best out the team, like McKinnon its one league game and it could fall like a pack of cards but St Mirren were a team in a mess under Stubbs also.

So my coaching might work but likely to fail......hmmmmm I never went to the doctors today thinking I might be ok but I could die. I think both scenarios have something to do with me not being a football coach or a doctor.

I also didnt tell you to give up supporting FFC, I had gave my opinion on what Id do if I was as doom and gloom as you have portrayed I wouldve gave up.

Todays post was brought to you without the word sage

We had the Miller and Kerr project or even Maybury and Smith has emigrated to OZ. Hartley has wiped out all that we had in place to be replaced with a mess which needs rebuilt again, playing and coaching

Thanks Mr Dust, was just wondered what other in-house options you had, cheers.

Guest Back Post Misses
Quite right Shodwall.

After all, if BPM is correct then the BOD wasted time trying to recruit two other managers before finally getting their third choice on deadline day.

They should have known those guys would knock us back and not bothered talking to them. They should have had the foresight - and the hindsight that you have - to have gone straight to McKinnnon first. Then he'd have had a couple of extra days to get in a right back and we could have signed Ralston after all.

Oh, apart from the fact that he didn't want to come. Which - to go back to my original point - had nothing to do with the BOD.  

Christ almighty, what have this lot to do to make you realise this is a mess partly of their doing? They did the same 10 years ago and let a CEO and manager go unchecked. The mess is at their door

23 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

I was honestly just wondering whether there was perhaps an under 23 coach (for example) that could have taken you through to January while interviewing for a new Manager?

The only fulltime coach left was Graeme McArthur, who was appointed Reserve Team coach in the  summer. I don't think it would have been feasible for him to take both first team and reserves on his own for four months. 

25 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

My word, it's 500k in compensation now? That's some heavy duty lead spillage through Greenock way this weather it seems. 

You seem to struggle with comprehension.  Compo out, compo in plus two years wages for the new crew.

Guest Back Post Misses
Just an honest question:
When your first two Managerial choices knocked you back, was there nobody else at the club that could have taken over 'till January?  Rather than your BOD spending their time taking McKinnon and his backroom staff (knowing that that would be a large financial burden {wages & compensation}) and with no time for signings?

They should have got shot of him after Firhill. It was obvious to most we were a shambles by then. I would wager had the fans not turned on Hartley after the QOS game he would not have gone.

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The only fulltime coach left was Graeme McArthur, who was appointed Reserve Team coach in the  summer. I don't think it would have been feasible for him to take both first team and reserves on his own for four months. 

Cheers, just thought there may have been an in-house option, but obviously not if you only had one full time coach!

Guest Back Post Misses
Both your knock backs are better managers that McKinnon. They simply had rather more integrity than  to go where all that was on  offer was money without any proper squad foundation on which to build a team. Glad you think spunking £0.5m to pay salary to, and compensation for,  the mercenary wee scrote and his entourage will guarantee success in the seaside leagues.

Holy mother of f**k. What sort on cash do you think these guys are on?

In the old days, Branch Ton would have had half a dozen cardboard league tables given free with Shoot magazine, and been a happy well adjusted child. Access to the internet has allowed him to sail way beyond the boundaries of common sense, and he is now thrashing about in a world football fantasy la-la land, and has convinced himself people are wearing worried faces as he unloads his latest pile of gibbering nonsense.

Its just a phase he is going through, and best ignored. It’ll pass.

If you are a parent, you have to worry that Branch Ton is your child, and if you are a child, your worst nightmare is that Branch Ton just might be one of your parents.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

28 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

You seem to struggle with comprehension.  Compo out, compo in plus two years wages for the new crew.

So you're suggesting that between McKinnon and assistant, wages will be 400k for two years? Assuming your lunatic chairman gets his mythical 100k compo? Hartley will have left with a few months payoff and Gordon Young left for another job. 

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

So you're suggesting that between McKinnon and assistant, wages will be 400k for two years? Assuming your lunatic chairman gets his mythical 100k compo? Hartley will have left with a few months payoff and Gordon Young left for another job. 

How much do you think  Rat and his pack are getting then?  

By the way I didn’t factor in place money lost due to your points deduction on the basis you will be bottom irregardless. 

1 minute ago, Branch Ton said:

By the way I didn’t factor in place money lost due to your points deduction on the basis you will be bottom irregardless. 

Won't be 100k a year. That's for certain. 

And we will be getting deducted points why...? Is this another thing on Crawford Raes Christmas list? 

51 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

You are making an absolute fud of yourself here. (especially with the use of irregardless which is a word reserved exclusively for morons)

Just accept that your chairman made a Jeremy Hunt of his contract cause he didn't want to pay him compo if he sacked him and that you are getting hee haw and we certainly won't be getting any points deducted.

Now piss off back to your diddy teams thread.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Dallison, Brough, McKee, Sammut, Irving, TOE, Turner, Lewis, Fasan and, to a certain extent, even McGhee all strike me as being pea hearts. Particularly disappointing in Irving's case as he has all the talent in the world but looks like he doesn't want to be here. I really got the impression that he wanted off before he was substituted on Saturday.

There is definitely a confidence problem in the squad which isn't a surprise given our start and I think that affected Irvine after he lost possession for the goal.  Hopefully he can get some confidence because he contributed well in the first half, particularly in the build up to the first goal and with his assist for the second.