The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
I personally think there is still a bit of improvement to come. All these new players have been trained for months by a little buffoon acting like a tyrant.  The improvement in 2 weeks under McKinnon has been promising.
Now I'm not saying we are world beaters but I think we will be able to field an 11 that will be strong enough to win some games. 

I hope you are right.

I am now optimistic that due to coaching and tactics and organisation we can get much more from this side.

Where however will dozen or so the hearts bigger than a pea come from?

That is the next task for the half full types. [emoji2]

Guest Back Post Misses
It had nothing to do with the board.

What didn’t? The fact Ralston didn’t fancy Falkirk? Or the fact we were running about like headless chickens 4 hours before the transfer deadline trying to get a third choice of manager and about 3/4 players?

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 21:56, ShaggerG said:

I met big Bomber Brown last night and asked if he would be up for a comeback. Sadly though, he feels that his best days are probably behind him.

He was at the game yesterday and lets say that he wasn't very complimentary about the performance!

Oh for a tardis ! Brown and Hay in their prime would be just what is needed. Or even better George Miller and John Markie.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I hope you are right.

I am now optimistic that due to coaching and tactics and organisation we can get much more from this side.

Where however will dozen or so the hearts bigger than a pea come from?

That is the next task for the half full types. emoji2.png

Dallison, Brough, McKee, Sammut, Irving, TOE, Turner, Lewis, Fasan and, to a certain extent, even McGhee all strike me as being pea hearts. Particularly disappointing in Irving's case as he has all the talent in the world but looks like he doesn't want to be here. I really got the impression that he wanted off before he was substituted on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It had nothing to do with the board.

Bringing in a new manager on the day the transfer window shut was noone else but the bod's fault.  The fact that everyone and their dug knew we needed a right back including mckinnon who was only in the door s matter of hours makes it all the more ludicrous.

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Bringing in a new manager on the day the transfer window shut was noone else but the bod's fault.  The fact that everyone and their dug knew we needed a right back including mckinnon who was only in the door s matter of hours makes it all the more ludicrous.

Quite right Shodwall.

After all, if BPM is correct then the BOD wasted time trying to recruit two other managers before finally getting their third choice on deadline day.

They should have known those guys would knock us back and not bothered talking to them. They should have had the foresight - and the hindsight that you have - to have gone straight to McKinnnon first. Then he'd have had a couple of extra days to get in a right back and we could have signed Ralston after all.

Oh, apart from the fact that he didn't want to come. Which - to go back to my original point - had nothing to do with the BOD.  

12 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Quite right Shodwall.

After all, if BPM is correct then the BOD wasted time trying to recruit two other managers before finally getting their third choice on deadline day.

They should have known those guys would knock us back and not bothered talking to them. They should have had the foresight - and the hindsight that you have - to have gone straight to McKinnnon first. Then he'd have had a couple of extra days to get in a right back and we could have signed Ralston after all.

Oh, apart from the fact that he didn't want to come. Which - to go back to my original point - had nothing to do with the BOD.  

Both your knock backs are better managers that McKinnon. They simply had rather more integrity than  to go where all that was on  offer was money without any proper squad foundation on which to build a team. Glad you think spunking £0.5m to pay salary to, and compensation for,  the mercenary wee scrote and his entourage will guarantee success in the seaside leagues.

32 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Not gonna lie I was finding it easier when we were just shite. The first half on Saturday has thrown a whole lot of new emotions into the mix.

I know what you mean, now there's a part of me thinking/hoping we can build on the first half performance this weekend when in all likelihood we'll have found some new way to get pumped.

Both your knock backs are better managers that McKinnon. They simply had rather more integrity than  to go where all that was on  offer was money without any proper squad foundation on which to build a team. Glad you think spunking £0.5m to pay salary to, and compensation for,  the mercenary wee scrote and his entourage will guarantee success in the seaside leagues.
What did integrity have to do with McIntyre who was unemployed you dribbling mess?

So blinded by hate for McKinnon lol.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

What didn’t? The fact Ralston didn’t fancy Falkirk? Or the fact we were running about like headless chickens 4 hours before the transfer deadline trying to get a third choice of manager and about 3/4 players?

Just an honest question:

When your first two Managerial choices knocked you back, was there nobody else at the club that could have taken over 'till January?  Rather than your BOD spending their time taking McKinnon and his backroom staff (knowing that that would be a large financial burden {wages & compensation}) and with no time for signings?

Just an honest question:
When your first two Managerial choices knocked you back, was there nobody else at the club that could have taken over 'till January?  Rather than your BOD spending their time taking McKinnon and his backroom staff (knowing that that would be a large financial burden {wages & compensation}) and with no time for signings?
No idea who you are or who you support but pipe down or we'll take your shit too.

31 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mandy Rice Davies is in da house. Even if not one penny of compensation is paid, nuggets like this will claim to have seen the receipt. 

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:
Just an honest question:

No idea who you are or who you support but pipe down or we'll take your shit too.

I seem to inadvertently hit a nerve- it was an honest question from a Morton fan. Some of your fellow Bairns seem to think that signing McKinnon at the last minute was perhaps in desperation, when he would not have much to work with and no time to make signings.

I was honestly just wondering whether there was perhaps an under 23 coach (for example) that could have taken you through to January while interviewing for a new Manager?

1 minute ago, Bailey1874 said:

I seem to inadvertently hit a nerve- it was an honest question from a Morton fan. Some of your fellow Bairns seem to think that signing McKinnon at the last minute was perhaps in desperation, when he would not have much to work with and no time to make signings.

I was honestly just wondering whether there was perhaps an under 23 coach (for example) that could have taken you through to January while interviewing for a new Manager?

We've got three under 23 coaches and Alex Totten who were available. Alex Smith also volunteered to come back from Australia until Jan but the BOD thought, "Let's f**k up the Morton fans for the lulz". 

Gets my vote anyway.