The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone who thinks Scott Harrison, Patrick Brough and Diamantas Petravicius are anywhere near good enough for the championship never mind for us has been watching different games to the rest of us. Harrison in particular is a complete cart horse.

You mention those three and leave out Pretty Boy Dallison and f**k Boy Haber.

To be honest your the one that wanted Shepherd to stay. [emoji848]

3 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

You mention those three and leave out Pretty Boy Dallison and f**k Boy Haber.

To be honest your the one that wanted Shepherd to stay. emoji848.png

Dallison and Haber aren't good enough either. I was referencing another poster who thinks those 3 are.

Edited by EdiBairn

From some of the comments on here, you'd think we'd made no improvement whatsoever. Same fuckers that will complain at every result until we are top of the league. We are in the shit. We are showing signs of improvement. 

Anyone unwilling to see or admit that is a compete belter. 

Aye, I must be then.
Let’s see, in recent weeks, we got roundly humiliated at home to the journeymen, lost 2-0 in Dingwall, got beat at home by a Welsh pub team, and now we have forfeited a 2-0 lead to a likely bottom half outfit.
Improvement? Maybe, but I’m not even confident we’d finish above the Brechin City team of last season at the moment....

Why single out Dallison? That whole back four and goalkeeper are rank rotten and collectively s**t themselves the minute Ayr exerted some pressure. They simply bottled it. The "something to build on" chat is utterly pointless whilst we have that defence in situ.  Get in Irvine and Greer, and bring in Russell and Robson, who should both have been on that park today, and we might have something to build on. With the current charlatans we are heading for League 1, that defence will relegate us, end of.

I remember telling someone just before the season started that my optimism was based on Hartley sorting out last year's crap defence.
I really slaver a lot of pish at times.

20 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Because I thought Dallison was the worst, the way he backed off from  shankland for the first goal, opening up a space for him to shoot through made me want to run onto the park and fly right through the back of the shitebag so he had to go off.

Most of our problems came right through them middle past him or from our collective inability to clear simple balls into the box (which he obviously isn't  individually to blame for), the full backs were generally ok, Aero was left 1 on 2 quite a lot but he can't really be blamed for that.

This, watching Dallison he either resorted to route one kick the ball out of play or punt it never seen him put in a tackle or try to play the ball forward to another Falkirk player.  Just because they came from a higher pedigree/league doesnt mean they are any good we missed Robson today and that showed but i think we are starting to see some semblence of a team of what wil tick us over till January but we really need to start picking up points as soon as Mitchell is fit he would be first on team sheet as well as Robson.

Edited by AL-FFC

Guest Back Post Misses
Mutch, Mitchell.

McGhee, Muirhead, Harrison*, Robson, Russell, Brough*

Greenwood, Froxy, Irving, Paton** McKee*

Rudden Petra*

* with coaching.

** With divine intervention.

We have been indoctrinated to accept mediocrity.

The standard required to be competitive at the top end of this league would mean only a few of these being good enough.

The only ones I would be sure about that have the quality required are Robson, Irving and Rudden. The rest are meh or utter shite for me. Sadly we only have two of them till Christmas.

I agree with you there are signs of improvement however results are all that count especially with the mess we are in.

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The ones who need to go far outweigh the ones worth keeping. Of what we have, a guesstimate would be a dozen who really aren’t anywhere near good enough.

I think we need to fight what we want v reality. 

We should be getting rid of a dozen at the minimum in January. That's fairly unrealistic sadly. Best we can do is probably 5.

I'd ideally like to see the back of Fasan, Muirhead, Dallison, Harrison, Brough, Sammut, Owen Evans, Turner, Haber, Mackin, Paton, Lewis, Kidd and McKee. 

Petravicious should really be there too, but he's possibly someone who can contribute as a bench warmer until summer. Still shite though and needs to go 

Can't offload 14 players obviously. I think we'll see the back of Turner, Owen Evans, Lewis, Haber and Sammut. Suspect we'll have to carry the rest. 

I'd make a new keeper priority one. Fasan is shite, and that should be a cheap hole to plug with a decent team's third or fourth choice.

Edited by Bairn Necessities

No doubt there was improvement,but all the good of the first half was undone by the second. That defence will always cock up. Difficulty for Mckinnon is that he's no time to experiment. We need an experienced CH and  proper right back. As he said in interview there's a reason out of contract players haven't been snapped up and won't be fully fit. However he's not ruled out signings and said BOD would back him .

We need points on board asap no matter how  we achieve it.

Fasan now equal top scorer says it all!

Thought Paton and Petra looks vastly improved and will do a job, Rudden good also,need more to step up.

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

10 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

What do you want the board to do?

Hartley: My chief scout has recommended this guy from Brighton. He has a good pedigree and I think he'll be great for us.

Lang: No, you can't sign him. Me and the other directors who are lawyers, accountants and businessmen know better than you and think he's shite.

I can only imagine the seethe on here if a story like that ever came out.

Its a pretty interesting one. How does a club make sure the players brought in are of the right standard?

Answer has to be having someone on board in a part time capacity that you trust as a second pair of eyes. Smith being an example.

But at our level, in the summer when there's no games, how do you decide whether to sign Tom Dallison or not? 

To be 2-0 up shows we have made decent progress but that 2nd half shows how fragile the team is both in quality and confidence. 

The first half just shows what a decent management team can do though with hard work on the training field. They have only been here 2 weeks and it's a big improvement.

Hopefully with a bit more work we might be able to start picking up some points and stay in touch of 9th.

Its a pretty interesting one. How does a club make sure the players brought in are of the right standard?
Answer has to be having someone on board in a part time capacity that you trust as a second pair of eyes. Smith being an example.
But at our level, in the summer when there's no games, how do you decide whether to sign Tom Dallison or not? 

For me the fact that we needed to a dramatic overhaul in the 1st place can be on the whole laid at their door. But I agree having another experienced footballing voice might have helped. However I’m not sure they would have wanted that as they already fully committed to their warped strategy and certainly not interested in hearing from those that disagreed.

It was a rotten plan, engineered by an incompetent board. Our only hope was a decent manager and scout that could somehow implement it, unfortunately we got a p***k of a manager and clueless scout. It really has been the perfect storm. All this made worse by the fact this has been completely and utterly self inflicted.

I do however think McKinnon is a good appointment but anyone expecting miracles is in denial given what he has to work with. He needs time, but we are not the most patient bunch (I include myself in that) any anger for me needs to be focussed squarely at the board and hopefully come January we are still in touching distance and McKinnon/Taylor can redress the balance.

Guest Back Post Misses
What do you want the board to do?

Hartley: My chief scout has recommended this guy from Brighton. He has a good pedigree and I think he'll be great for us.

Lang: No, you can't sign him. Me and the other directors who are lawyers, accountants and businessmen know better than you and think he's shite.

I can only imagine the seethe on here if a story like that ever came out.

Obviously they can’t be picking the players.

Their role however is, like any non executive and exec Board, is to advise and set strategy and ensure the strategy in place is followed and measured.

This is where our BoD have failed. The strategy was risky with no back up if it failed. They picked the wrong manager and didn’t measure what he was doing. I will counter the choice of manager saying that most fans thought on the face of it the appointment was decent however had they done proper due diligence on him (that fans can’t do) then they would have quickly got a feel what a weird fish he was.

The whole sorry episode since CC was appointed as CEO and ML as Chair has been one mess after another. Cut Houston’s budget, appointed the wrong manager, backed Doug Henderson at the AGM, shut the most profitable bit of the business that had kept us afloat (and brought in 500k last season Gallacher and Kingsley sell on), leaked the story to a hack who printed it before they even talked to the parents and kids and to top it off the signing policy and subsequent sacking of another manager and his backroom team and Head of Recruitment.

Shambles

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Obviously they can’t be picking the players.

Their role however is, like any non executive and exec Board, is to advise and set strategy and ensure the strategy in place is followed and measured.

This is where our BoD have failed. The strategy was risky with no back up if it failed. They picked the wrong manager and didn’t measure what he was doing. I will counter the choice of manager saying that most fans thought on the face of it the appointment was decent however had they done proper due diligence on him (that fans can’t do) then they would have quickly got a feel what a weird fish he was.

The whole sorry episode since CC was appointed as CEO and ML as Chair has been one mess after another. Cut Houston’s budget, appointed the wrong manager, backed Doug Henderson at the AGM, shut the most profitable bit of the business that had kept us afloat (and brought in 500k last season Gallacher and Kingsley sell on), leaked the story to a hack who printed it before they even talked to the parents and kids and to top it off the signing policy and subsequent sacking of another manager and his backroom team and Head of Recruitment.

Shambles

Do you ever take a day off? :lol: