The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

What a load of kack. 

Lang should in the first instance for the safeguarding of FFC. 

Find out everything possible and turn every stone to find out if this chief scout has any credibility whatsoever, has he passed on player's of a decent ability before and not just one, it would have to be more. 

Don't whatever you do try to hide the board from any blame, that is not acceptable. 

No company in any industry would just agree to taking a squad full of new employees on the say so of a nobody. 

FFC Did just that. 

I know it's far from my business to comment on the FFC board ( outside of Raygate),  but I can totally understand EdiBairns point - your board hired a Manager and then put their trust in him. Yes he made a horses cock of his recruitment, but your board did hire him then backed him. I don't think their job was to watch DVD's etc of possible targets, they had hired a Manager to do that.

Just now, Bailey1874 said:

I know it's far from my business to comment on the FFC board ( outside of Raygate),  but I can totally understand EdiBairns point - your board hired a Manager and then put their trust in him. Yes he made a horses cock of his recruitment, but your board did hire him then backed him. I don't think their job was to watch DVD's etc of possible targets, they had hired a Manager to do that.

He didn't make a horse cock of it. It'd be far worse than that. Not a dinosaur cock, because I don't think giant reptiles were that well endowed, though I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me my heads gone. Let's says Hartley made a Blue Whales cock of recruitment, and Ray is doing the best he can to de-boner it. 

On today's evidence, he's not made a bad start. 

7 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

From some of the comments on here, you'd think we'd made no improvement whatsoever. Same fuckers that will complain at every result until we are top of the league. We are in the shit. We are showing signs of improvement. 

Anyone unwilling to see or admit that is a compete belter. 

Ok, performance improvement, yes. Results improvement no. The bit that really matters is that this lot could improve in every game between now and the end of the season, and still lose every game. When your starting point is the utter cack these players have served up from the start of the season, the improvement needed to actually win games is massive. Once our keeper gifted them the lead, the game was over. Fasan  Muirhead and Harrison haven’t improved. They are just as likely to sell us down the river the next time they play.

McKinnon has certainly gotten more out of them than I though possible. Two weeks ago, I would have bet on this being a our or five goal battering. That they still managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by not following his instructions tells you that not only are the majority of them dire footballers, they are a bit dim witted as well.

Guest Back Post Misses
And yet, again, still the best performance of the season. Shit end result, but plenty of promise of improvement. Get Fasan to f**k and keep coaching the rest as he has been. We have something to build on, unlike a couple of weeks ago. 

He needs players. He is not a miracle worker. I would have thought by now the penny had dropped they are not good enough. I have said this virtually since we should have lost to Forfar and I won’t change my mind

A shite result from 2 up but we were far better today than we have been all season. If we can get McGhee back in the centre of defense and stop fucking about at the back we will be more solid. I'd happily give dallison his fucking jotters today and tell him never to darken our door again tbh. I have to give Ray some credit, I wasn't particularly impressed with his appointment but the improvement in the team is clear.

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ok, performance improvement, yes. Results improvement no. The bit that really matters is that this lot could improve in every game between now and the end of the season, and still lose every game. When your starting point is the utter cack these players have served up from the start of the season, the improvement needed to actually win games is massive. Once our keeper gifted them the lead, the game was over. Fasan  Muirhead and Harrison haven’t improved. They are just as likely to sell us down the river the next time they play.

McKinnon has certainly gotten more out of them than I though possible. Two weeks ago, I would have bet on this being a our or five goal battering. That they still managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by not following his instructions tells you that not only are the majority of them dire footballers, they are a bit dim witted as well.

You can only polish a turd so much, but there are players in there, f**k sake, when you get a goal out of Petra and dig out of Paton, that tells you where Hartley had them. A better performance from the defence and a different goalie and we could have been looking at at least a point today.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He needs players. He is not a miracle worker. I would have thought by now the penny had dropped they are not good enough. I have said this virtually since we should have lost to Forfar and I won’t change my mind

See above. Be miserable all you want, but not all og those players are as bad as you have told yourself.

5 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

A shite result from 2 up but we were far better today than we have been all season. If we can get McGhee back in the centre of defense and stop fucking about at the back we will be more solid. I'd happily give dallison his fucking jotters today and tell him never to darken our door again tbh. I have to give Ray some credit, I wasn't particularly impressed with his appointment but the improvement in the team is clear.

McGhee in and get Fasan to f**k and we might just be ok.

A big difference today all over the park, shape, confidence, belief. The trouble is we lost a silly goal 3 mins into the second half then the confidence evaporated, we lost our shape and lost the match

A blind man could see the difference in our team since we dispatched Hartley.

Rudden made such a difference mobility up front and Petra looked up for it. Paton was solid and really looked decent BUT we have too many players who weren't up for the fight when the going got tough, McKee, Kidd, Irving, Heber and Lewis.

Rudden showed more than I have seen all season from Lewis, Heber and Mackin.

I believe that MacKinnon has enough about him to get a tune out of Hartley's mess.

Goalkeeper had a howler too and I'm sure he'll be changed first option becomes available.

If we're going to be in a relegation scrap then we need players that will battle in the trenches, sadly some of then were MIA today. I'm sure MacK doesn't need me to tell him that.

Feeling a bit more positive tonight let's wait and see.

We are Falkirk!!!

14 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Why single out Dallison? That whole back four and goalkeeper are rank rotten and collectively s**t themselves the minute Ayr exerted some pressure. They simply bottled it. The "something to build on" chat is utterly pointless whilst we have that defence in situ.  Get in Irvine and Greer, and bring in Russell and Robson, who should both have been on that park today, and we might have something to build on. With the current charlatans we are heading for League 1, that defence will relegate us, end of.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sorry to say, but you are wrong.

Wait and see how many go in January

I was referring to January. We will get there, but clearly players will need to get to f**k, I just don't feel there are as many as you.

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I was referring to January. We will get there, but clearly players will need to get to f**k, I just don't feel there are as many as you.

The ones who need to go far outweigh the ones worth keeping. Of what we have, a guesstimate would be a dozen who really aren’t anywhere near good enough.

38 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Still, at least youre not worse off than before ... or are you? ;) 

9 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Why single out Dallison? That whole back four and goalkeeper are rank rotten and collectively s**t themselves the minute Ayr exerted some pressure. They simply bottled it. The "something to build on" chat is utterly pointless whilst we have that defence in situ.  Get in Irvine and Greer, and bring in Russell and Robson, who should both have been on that park today, and we might have something to build on. With the current charlatans we are heading for League 1, that defence will relegate us, end of.

Because I thought Dallison was the worst, the way he backed off from  shankland for the first goal, opening up a space for him to shoot through made me want to run onto the park and fly right through the back of the shitebag so he had to go off.

Most of our problems came right through them middle past him or from our collective inability to clear simple balls into the box (which he obviously isn't  individually to blame for), the full backs were generally ok, Aero was left 1 on 2 quite a lot but he can't really be blamed for that.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The ones who need to go far outweigh the ones worth keeping. Of what we have, a guesstimate would be a dozen who really aren’t anywhere near good enough.

Mutch, Mitchell.

McGhee, Muirhead, Harrison*, Robson, Russell, Brough*

Greenwood, Froxy, Irving, Paton** McKee*

Rudden Petra*

* with coaching.

** With divine intervention.

Anyone who thinks Scott Harrison, Patrick Brough and Diamantas Petravicius are anywhere near good enough for the championship never mind for us has been watching different games to the rest of us. Harrison in particular is a complete cart horse.

Anyone who thinks Scott Harrison, Patrick Brough and Diamantas Petravicius are anywhere near good enough for the championship never mind for us has been watching different games to the rest of us. Harrison in particular is a complete cart horse.

I actually thought Petravicius was good for you lot today. Lot of pace and isn’t shrugged off the ball easily.

When McKinnon gets the chance to change personnel about it’s the defence and midfield he needs to focus on.