The Falkirk FC Thread

Love you to be right. Love it. Unfortunately however I think the only priority is to get to January with some sort of chance of staying up. The squad is woefully short

With everyone fit we may just about be able to field a team capable of picking up enough points to keep us in the fight until January but as you rightly pointed out we are desperately short on quality and depth.
The summer's transfer activity couldn't have been more damaging if it had been done as an act of sabotage!

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

Is anyone else a wee bit more optimistic about the rest of the season? I am after going to the reserve game on Monday and seeing Froxy, Dunne and Russell playing so well. Add Irving, Rudden, Robson, McKee and McGhee, it could be like watching a completely different team.

Or am I just watching my life through navy blue tinted spectacles?

I was a glass half full kinda mode after Hartley left and we appointed McKinnon......

After Saturday, someone has taken a sip out my glass......only a sip....

Its  gonna take time to see what McKinnon can shape out of these players, not gonna happen over night, altho we did go through a horrendous run last season at the start 1 win in 8 or 2 in 18 league games for the bigger picture

I wouldve been a lot happier if we had signed Ralston and as suggested and O'Dea in the window, maybe next window for them, we need a bit of experience badly.

I wonder if O'Dea was coming when Hartley was manager and it was called off when he wasnt

So you've gone to the trouble of finding out how many Chelsea youths have been loaned out and to which clubs and then to see if they've been getting a game or not, all to show that Sammut's pish! Congratulations! 
Hopefully McKinnon's influence will have a positive effect on him and he'll start to improve (along with a few others). I think he needs encouragement though because the booing doesn't seem to have worked so far.
Would be nice BTW if you could maybe say something positive just once in a while!
This. As I have said I have only seen him once and he did not impress( Irvine did) but no top class football team would pay a young players wages if they just wanted him punted. As I say we just need to hope. A player coming from a class outfit like Chelsea then meeting the huffy ill mannered tramp we employed as manager must have thought WTF

Guest Back Post Misses

With everyone fit we may just about be able to field a team capable of picking up enough points to keep us in the fight until January but as you rightly pointed out we are desperately short on quality and depth.
The summer's transfer activity couldn't have been more damaging if it had been done as an act of sabotage!

Aye maybe. A bit of a better atmosphere will probably help within the squad too. Fingers crossed

5 hours ago, ka202 said:

Is anyone else a wee bit more optimistic about the rest of the season? I am after going to the reserve game on Monday and seeing Froxy, Dunne and Russell playing so well. Add Irving, Rudden, Robson, McKee and McGhee, it could be like watching a completely different team.

Or am I just watching my life through navy blue tinted spectacles?

I think there's a basis of a good enough side to move up the table if McKinnon can bring them closer together than they were under Hartley.

I'm not talking any huge targets, just to get away from where we are now.

Let's hope we can go on an unbeaten run and head into mid table mediocrity before a January splash has us heading up towards the playoffs having recalled a revitalized 12 goal O'Hara to lead the line! Maybe Im delusional.

Always good to have the glass half full [emoji23]

I think the Pars play Alloa this weekend which us unfortunate, because were it not for that, a win tgis weekend could have seen us leapfrog both. So its important to remeber we arent adrift yet. That first win is huge though. We need to get it by hook or by crook. Commence the shitfest

Posting about John Henry got me thinking about our top 5 transfer fees out, top of my head I'd have, sadly won't be broken now as we head to crypto !!

1 Derek Ferguson 300k

2. Kevin McAllister 225k

3. Simon Stainrod 100k

4. John Henry 100k

5. Eddie May 70k

Have I missed anyone out ?

Posting about John Henry got me thinking about our top 5 transfer fees out, top of my head I'd have, sadly won't be broken now as we head to crypto !!
1 Derek Ferguson 300k
2. Kevin McAllister 225k
3. Simon Stainrod 100k
4. John Henry 100k
5. Eddie May 70k

Syd Puddefoot, £14.2 Million.

11 minutes ago, MrDust said:

1 Derek Ferguson 300k

2. Kevin McAllister 225k

3. Simon Stainrod 100k

4. John Henry 100k

5. Eddie May 70k

Steve Fulton?

16 minutes ago, MrDust said:

1 Derek Ferguson 300k

2. Kevin McAllister 225k

3. Simon Stainrod 100k

4. John Henry 100k

5. Eddie May 70k

Myles Hippolyte (undisclosed)

12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

1 Derek Ferguson 300k

2. Kevin McAllister 225k

3. Simon Stainrod 100k

4. John Henry 100k

5. Eddie May 70k

What about the young team mcgrandles,  the crew we shipped to Swansea.