The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, wullie robb said:

Enough doom and gloom, on a brighter note Sportster's are our new Sock Sponsor, That's cheered me no end. 

Guess you'll have to wait 30 minutes after the start of the game for the socks to arrive and then they'll be cold.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I remember Stokes first game for us at Ibrox, I came away thinking, he wont do......!!!

What we have to remember is we have no real experience around Sammut, ok we have Paton but are we counting that ?

I dont think Sammut was that bad for 60 mins v Ross County but the whole team crashed and burned at the same time, I think we may have seen a different Sammut if we had kept Tawio

Boy, I would take Finnigan back now, someone who even just fouls centre halves is a step up.

Im guessing a typo error with pass at the end there, I think what I have seen of Sammut is he can see a clever pass when given time on the ball, problem is boys brigade football in Chelsea reserves doesnt set you up for the rough and tumble of the 2nd tier of Scottish fitba

I'd take him back too, but Jesus was he a frustrating player to watch sometimes. 

Still better than any two strikers we have put together. 

Something I can't figure out with Hartley was that how come  he could spot a player or two to keep us up yet when it came to replacing the jobbers he let go he couldn't deliver an upgrade. I can't help wondering if he wasnt dissolusioned by the quality he could afford to bring in. I was never a fan of his but I did hear he was treated as a bit of an outcast by the committee who not surprisingly didn't gel with the greasy little scruffball. I did hear from a trusted friend that Mrs Hartley  wife was treated as if she had the plague at a hospitality event. The committee need to realise the importance in togetherness of everyone involved at the club including the fans! Let's hope Mackin on being a bit more elequent might be more of their cup of tea and that rapport can be rebuilt although if like Hartley he starts to think of the CEO as an asshole. Then......... 

People making serious suggestions that Chelsea offered a boy, seemingly below Scottish Championship level standard, a contract extention so they could get a token sum for him [emoji38] Right enough they are struggling for wonga down there. Minters.
Have to agree with Jimmy here. The idea of Chelsea even bothering to do the paperwork for the suggested reasons in here just blows my mind. If Chelsea have/had absolutely nothing in this laddie, he would be emptied immediately. The youth system down south for the big clubs is an unceremonious conveyor belt of massive proportions.

Of course, that does mean the odds of someone like Sammut making it somewhere like Chelsea is miniscule, but the idea of them giving a f**k about getting 30k for him because he looked good in the Championship is laughable.

Have to agree with Jimmy here. The idea of Chelsea even bothering to do the paperwork for the suggested reasons in here just blows my mind. If Chelsea have/had absolutely nothing in this laddie, he would be emptied immediately. The youth system down south for the big clubs is an unceremonious conveyor belt of massive proportions.

Of course, that does mean the odds of someone like Sammut making it somewhere like Chelsea is miniscule, but the idea of them giving a f**k about getting 30k for him because he looked good in the Championship is laughable.
Can't agree more. The person that said they gave him another year to make a token sum needs their head looked at because that year will cost them £600k+ in wages. Hardly worth doing for less than £200k

Is anyone else a wee bit more optimistic about the rest of the season? I am after going to the reserve game on Monday and seeing Froxy, Dunne and Russell playing so well. Add Irving, Rudden, Robson, McKee and McGhee, it could be like watching a completely different team.

Or am I just watching my life through navy blue tinted spectacles?

3 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Is anyone else a wee bit more optimistic about the rest of the season? I am after going to the reserve game on Monday and seeing Froxy, Dunne and Russell playing so well. Add Irving, Rudden, Robson, McKee and McGhee, it could be like watching a completely different team.

At the present time, being a Falkirk fan isn’t easy.

anything that gives us some hope is a blessing.

You are probably delusional but then, so am I.

4 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Hard to judge after watching the reserves, no pressure playing against young boys mostly. 

Time will tell. 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/joe-mckee-talks-about-difficult-weeks-under-paul-hartley-1-4799450

This story from Joe McKee combined with Robson's about not knowing why he wasn't playing seem to be confirming the rumours about hartleys complete inability to manage players.  If Joe had agreed to leave what benefit is there to the club of making him train at night or on his own and excluding him from the team activities. If he hadn't been working hard on his own fitness and we had required him to play he wouldn't have been able.

Guest Back Post Misses

Love you to be right. Love it. Unfortunately however I think the only priority is to get to January with some sort of chance of staying up. The squad is woefully short

9 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Of the loan players only Dasilva isnt a regular starter but is on the bench every week for Bristol City.  I'm sorry but if he wants to make it in the game especially at a club like Chelsea then he's going to have to 1.work a lot harder and 2. not let the reaction of a 4000 crowd affect him when he's signed for a club that play in front of ten times that every week.  Majority of his contemporaries are playing at a much higher and harder level week in week out.

So you've gone to the trouble of finding out how many Chelsea youths have been loaned out and to which clubs and then to see if they've been getting a game or not, all to show that Sammut's pish! Congratulations! 

Hopefully McKinnon's influence will have a positive effect on him and he'll start to improve (along with a few others). I think he needs encouragement though because the booing doesn't seem to have worked so far.

Would be nice BTW if you could maybe say something positive just once in a while!

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Hopefully McKinnon's influence will have a positive effect on him and he'll start to improve (along with a few others). I think he needs encouragement though because the booing doesn't seem to have worked so far.

What booing? Just making stuff up to promote the Big Bag Falkirk Fans Lie/Myth that some on here are still obsessed with perpetuating at every opportunity.