The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
Yip he's good promote him to CEO with an overview of commercial and then we would be moving in the right direction

Whilst I rate him he ain't no CEO.

16 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

So they're all doing ok are they? You've been following their progress I take it?

Maybe we got Sammut because Hartley managed to persuade Chelsea that it was a good move for the laddie rather than going to another EFL club, who knows?

Tammy Abrahams an english international so obviously he's struggling.  I very much doubt that Sammut would be picking us if he had a line of suitors from the english championship wanting him. Its pretty obvious that we were the best offer he got.

18 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Tammy Abrahams an english international so obviously he's struggling.  I very much doubt that Sammut would be picking us if he had a line of suitors from the english championship wanting him. Its pretty obvious that we were the best offer he got.

Abrahams, ok, that's one, what about the rest?

There could be a whole range of reasons why Sammut is at Falkirk, I don't think it's 'pretty obvious that we were the best offer he got' at all. Again, neither you or I have any idea why he's here. Certainly, he doesn't seem to be up to the physical side of the Scottish game, at least not so far, so it's perhaps possible that Chelsea felt that playing up here may toughen him up a bit?

One thing that I think is pretty obvious though is that it's giving you something to moan about so that's got to be a positive for you!

Sammut, along with several others, hasn't been up to it so far but we're stuck with them until January at least. We've got a new manager that's going to have to try to raise their morale and confidence to attempt to get a return out of them and we all need to get behind what he's trying to do. Sadly though, instead of encouraging the team we've got hundreds of dicks in the support that'll boo as soon as the first pass goes astray which, in turn, will probably mean that certain heads will go down making his task all the harder!

35 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Almost get the impression with Sammut that he was offered around to a number of clubs to help him find something when his contract expired.

Carl Finnigan was a 1 in 2 striker for Newcastle reserves. The standard is variable at that level to say the least.

I think the real disappointment is that Sammut was clearly our "marquee" signing. He was the exciting one... Coming from a big Premiership side, with some pedigree.

He's been a massive let down. Obviously. Why Chelsea gave him a new 1yr deal who knows? What we do know is that he won't get another with them. Time to find his level, wherever that is. I don't think it's the Scottish Championship. 

28 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

There could be a whole range of reasons why Sammut is at Falkirk, I don't think it's 'pretty obvious that we were the best offer he got' at all. Again, neither you or I have any idea why he's here. Certainly, he doesn't seem to be up to the physical side of the Scottish game, at least not so far, so it's perhaps possible that Chelsea felt that playing up here may toughen him up a bit?

One thing that I think is pretty obvious though is that it's giving you something to moan about so that's got to be a positive for you!

Sammut, along with several others, hasn't been up to it so far but we're stuck with them until January at least. We've got a new manager that's going to have to try to raise their morale and confidence to attempt to get a return out of them and we all need to get behind what he's trying to do. Sadly though, instead of encouraging the team we've got hundreds of dicks in the support that'll boo as soon as the first pass goes astray which, in turn, will probably mean that certain heads will go down making his task all the harder!

Of the loan players only Dasilva isnt a regular starter but is on the bench every week for Bristol City.  I'm sorry but if he wants to make it in the game especially at a club like Chelsea then he's going to have to 1.work a lot harder and 2. not let the reaction of a 4000 crowd affect him when he's signed for a club that play in front of ten times that every week.  Majority of his contemporaries are playing at a much higher and harder level week in week out.

59 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Almost get the impression with Sammut that he was offered around to a number of clubs to help him find something when his contract expired.

Carl Finnigan was a 1 in 2 striker for Newcastle reserves. The standard is variable at that level to say the least.

Always got the feeling with that record, that his 1 in 2 was against reserve teams that were playing kids. The other games were against teams that had adults that were playing reserve games to keep fitness up. My abiding memory of him was his uncanny ability to foul everyone near him. 

34 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I think the real disappointment is that Sammut was clearly our "marquee" signing. He was the exciting one... Coming from a big Premiership side, with some pedigree.

He's been a massive let down. Obviously. Why Chelsea gave him a new 1yr deal who knows? What we do know is that he won't get another with them. Time to find his level, wherever that is. I don't think it's the Scottish Championship. 

Possibly game him 12 months and a loan spell in a physical league to finally show if he can do it. If he has a future at any level, he needs to be adept at getting stuck in at least, as he's shown no inclination to put in a pass. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I remember Stokes first game for us at Ibrox, I came away thinking, he wont do......!!!

What we have to remember is we have no real experience around Sammut, ok we have Paton but are we counting that ?

I dont think Sammut was that bad for 60 mins v Ross County but the whole team crashed and burned at the same time, I think we may have seen a different Sammut if we had kept Tawio

33 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Always got the feeling with that record, that his 1 in 2 was against reserve teams that were playing kids. The other games were against teams that had adults that were playing reserve games to keep fitness up. My abiding memory of him was his uncanny ability to foul everyone near him. 

Possibly game him 12 months and a loan spell in a physical league to finally show if he can do it. If he has a future at any level, he needs to be adept at getting stuck in at least, as he's shown no inclination to put in a pass. 

Boy, I would take Finnigan back now, someone who even just fouls centre halves is a step up.

Im guessing a typo error with pass at the end there, I think what I have seen of Sammut is he can see a clever pass when given time on the ball, problem is boys brigade football in Chelsea reserves doesnt set you up for the rough and tumble of the 2nd tier of Scottish fitba

8 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Enough doom and gloom, on a brighter note Sportster's are our new Sock Sponsor, That's cheered me no end. 

In fairness the Commercial team are doing a fine job.

Very little (if any) free space left anywhere in the stadium for advertising and if someone is willing to pay for sock sponsorship then bring it on.

Edited by Reggie Perrin