The Falkirk FC Thread

Only a few people i dare say know what went on during Hartleys time, like McKinnon said in his first interview its his job to lift the squad they are no doubt low on morale and confidence got to bear in mind some of those lads are only 19yrs old and their first time away from their parents, the other thing you can look at agents are going to look for the best possible deal for their players you only had to look at Gow who only decided to bother his arse when his contract was coming up and Rangers started sniffing about him.

15 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Every time I come on here I see Shodwall spouting some complete and utter shite. Would be a great tactic for McKinnon to go in and tell all the squad that they are dug meat after his first game in charge. Right brainy.

This is a group of players who couldn't beat a welsh pub side. I'm not suggesting he says  the whole squad is shite. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the current squad isnt anywhere near good enough as a whole though. Their are maybe half a dozen max who could do a job.  I doubt telling the rest of them they are shite would come as any surprise. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

This is a group of players who couldn't beat a welsh pub side. I'm not suggesting he says  the whole squad is shite. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the current squad isnt anywhere near good enough as a whole though. Their are maybe half a dozen max who could do a job.  I doubt telling the rest of them they are shite would come as any surprise. 

I can see your argument in a sense but to say we were outplayed would be too much we lost to a set piece was the difference between the 2, we lack a cutting edge up front as we could have kept on playing all day and we still wouldnt score whether thats down to confidence or just not good enough is another issue altogether.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

I can see your argument in a sense but to say we were outplayed would be too much we lost to a set piece was the difference between the 2, we lack a cutting edge up front as we could have kept on playing all day and we still wouldnt score whether thats down to confidence or just not good enough is another issue altogether.

We were beat by a part time pub side. Christ even Queens Park managed to go to TNS a team that finished 17 points above that mob and get a decent result . That emphasises just how awful we are at the moment.  Some of these players shouldn't be playing pro football never mind at championship level.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I remember at Tyncastle about 4 weeks into Latapy’s first season and someone in front of me slaughtering Russell for being a luxury and a lazy so and so. Ten minutes later he cracked a belter from 25 yards into the bottom corner. The guy soon shut up

Not quite the same but I remember a guy slagging Russell for being as white as when the game started ... turns out he meant that his away top was as white as when the game started.

50 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We were beat by a part time pub side. Christ even Queens Park managed to go to TNS a team that finished 17 points above that mob and get a decent result . That emphasises just how awful we are at the moment.  Some of these players shouldn't be playing pro football never mind at championship level.

I would reckon that any team in Leagues 1 &2 would have a really good chance of beating us at the moment. The Forfar game could very easily have had an entirely different outcome, and had we lost 2-4, I don’t think many in attendance would have argued with that. For me, that was the first serious moment of “wait a minute” unease wrt the quality of the players that had been brought in.

If it was a case of us being able to say “change him and him and maybe him and we’ll be fine”, then fair enough, but we are saying “change him, and him, and him, and him, and him and him and him and him” .

Totally agree. Not what we are needing at this time.

Of course we need someone with a bit of flair just now!
Nonsense to think a team of journeymen grafters will be enough to turn things round.
Dobbie and Harkins at QoS are great examples of what a wee bit of ability in an otherwise modest team can achieve.

with being beasted twice your going to be chinned the first time of running about like a daftie the prospect of having to go through it twice a day wouldnt appeal to many people after breathing out there a*se the first time.  Its one of those things that if its not going to motivate you the first time its going to p*ss you off completely the second time.

I know they are meant to be professionals but twice a day fitness sessions is just going to lead to burn out.

Agree with this, it's footballers we want not commandos.

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's funny, Dumbarton fans were saying "if he was 10% fitter he wouldn't be playing for Dumbarton" last season. He's just a lazy b*****d, he literally had every day free when he was with Dumbarton and still never bothered getting himself fit. Full time training doesn't appear to have changed him.

The Monday reserve game Froxy played a cracking long ball from around 30 yards or so out wide from his own goal of which we started an attack, Id guess we had 5 or 6 players behind him when he played it and the defence line all pushed up with the ball going forward and he was about 4or 5 yards behind our backline getting slowly forward, which pretty much sums him up.

He performed a class move with a drag back taking two players out and his control was immaculate just that 10% more fitter, tho id say 20% especially as he is only 25, Id love to see him start but I think he is only good enough for an impact sub for now and it will be his problem to change that with performing in the sub role

6 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't think McKinnon or the team has anything to gain by that. We know they are shite, he knows it and some of them will know it. His job is to get the best out of them until he can replace them, they will be desperate to prove that they are good enough and if they think they have the managers faith and support they will try hard, If they think he is  going to bin them at the first chance no matter what then they will  down tools. I for one would rather have shite motivated players than shite unmotivated players.

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

I don't think McKinnon or the team has anything to gain by that. We know they are shite, he knows it and some of them will know it. His job is to get the best out of them until he can replace them, they will be desperate to prove that they are good enough and if they think they have the managers faith and support they will try hard, If they think he is  going to bin them at the first chance no matter what then they will  down tools. I for one would rather have shite motivated players than shite unmotivated players.

Well, that kinda saved me from posting something similar. Fact is, none of these guys are going anywhere anytime soon so we need to try to get as much out of them as we can in the meantime. Berating them wouldn't achieve that I don't think.

43 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Confidence is the key. We need one sneaky win or even a draw to bring some positives. Problem is to win a game of football you need to score goals. I wold bring Kevin back

Why? We already replaced the kit man.

Not sure why anyone thinks the absolutely insane plan of telling a team you need to work hard for you and can't replace that they're shite and your annoyed to be stuck with them was a remote possibility for McKinnon.

Doesn't really matter though. They're that shite that you could hire Gok Wan to tell them they're fabulous every day and we'll still be boabied regularly.