The Falkirk FC Thread

19 hours ago, Kerr93 said:

Guys I’m a ayr supporter and have a pub just 10 min walk from the ground, and we have a large car park out the back plenty of space for a bus usually the bus would take the fans to the ground at 2:45 then come back to the pub car park then go pick yous up, we always have away and home fans mixing in the pub below is a photo of the Dunfermline bus in on there last visit the pub holds about 120 then the lounge through the back holds 100 usually they just all mix in the pub area, we have a pool table, juke box and live sky so the early kick off will be on tv, we have 3 TVs and the racing will be shown aswell also we have a bookies right nexdoor, it’s a up to date well maintained pub we also put a large spread on for home and away fans ie sandwiches, pies and sausage rolls the drink is cheap and we have loads of drink promos ... 5 bottles of beer for £10 and many more the pub is called the Bellrock search it up on Facebook and if you would like to book a bus in contact me on 07494781345.

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

Is that you in the mirror? That's quite some jumper.

19 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Wasnt that Hartleys big thing with them being fit, sure they were on double training sessions when Tam Ritchie was there which is probably a good indication why they were so p*ssed off being beasted twice a day.

Didn't he ban the players from using the gym? I don't know the ins and out but I got the impression he had no sports science knowledge and if he Beasted them twice a day it certainly wasn't working because the team does not look fit. 

Didn't he ban the players from using the gym? I don't know the ins and out but I got the impression he had no sports science knowledge and if he Beasted them twice a day it certainly wasn't working because the team does not look fit. 
McKinnon has even made comments regarding the teams fitness. I get the impression they're not where he expects them to be

14 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

with being beasted twice your going to be chinned the first time of running about like a daftie the prospect of having to go through it twice a day wouldnt appeal to many people after breathing out there a*se the first time.  Its one of those things that if its not going to motivate you the first time its going to p*ss you off completely the second time.

I know they are meant to be professionals but twice a day fitness sessions is just going to lead to burn out.

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
18 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

McKinnon has even made comments regarding the teams fitness. I get the impression they're not where he expects them to be

Doesn't every manager say that? It's a good way to buy himself time/patience from fans. 

I don’t think the fitness guy was old school in fitness, look at the resistance bands and horse of year jump courses we had for the players to use at warm ups and half time, that’s not old school and the players who have been subbed using rollers and yoga mats. 

The one interview he gave on FFC tv he didn’t seem the Sargent Major type, but maybe that’s what players need, plenty of running and cardio not arsing about over jumps and dancing round cones.

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Doesn't every manager say that? It's a good way to buy himself time/patience from fans. 

Aye but in Rays case he could've quite easily have simply come out and said this lot are complete dross but I'll do my best and we all would've agreed whole heartedly with him.  He took the hard way out if you ask me by highlighting only their fitness and not lack of any football ability whatsoever.

Guest Back Post Misses
Was this your opinion when Latapy signed as well? 

I remember at Tyncastle about 4 weeks into Latapy’s first season and someone in front of me slaughtering Russell for being a luxury and a lazy so and so. Ten minutes later he cracked a belter from 25 yards into the bottom corner. The guy soon shut up

Guest Back Post Misses
I don’t think the fitness guy was old school in fitness, look at the resistance bands and horse of year jump courses we had for the players to use at warm ups and half time, that’s not old school and the players who have been subbed using rollers and yoga mats. 
The one interview he gave on FFC tv he didn’t seem the Sargent Major type, but maybe that’s what players need, plenty of running and cardio not arsing about over jumps and dancing round cones.

Interestingly I asked my son about that interview as he has a Sport Science degree to get his take on what he said. His reply was all pretty basic stuff he was saying nothing revolutionary

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Interestingly I asked my son about that interview as he has a Sport Science degree to get his take on what he said. His reply was all pretty basic stuff he was saying nothing revolutionary

This. 

Sports science is more nutrition, monitoring heart rates and o2 levels, tracking changes in all of that to mo it or fitness. Recovery times and a lot more. Given the guys weren't even allowed in the gym, the fitness guy was a fucking hoax. 

42 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye but in Rays case he could've quite easily have simply come out and said this lot are complete dross but I'll do my best and we all would've agreed whole heartedly with him.  He took the hard way out if you ask me by highlighting only their fitness and not lack of any football ability whatsoever.

You really think Ray has gone the "hard way" by not calling his squad of players a bunch of useless c***s that can't play football?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

You really think Ray has gone the "hard way" by not calling his squad of players a bunch of useless c***s that can't play football?

I think it would have been easier for him to say that yes. If he simply highlights their lack of fitness then a few months into the job when that should be resolved he'll get the blame for us still being shite.  Saying their murder underlines the fact that there is feck all he can do really till January.

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I remember at Tyncastle about 4 weeks into Latapy’s first season and someone in front of me slaughtering Russell for being a luxury and a lazy so and so. Ten minutes later he cracked a belter from 25 yards into the bottom corner. The guy soon shut up

There's only so much these kind of players can do at the end of the day. Even Russell was pretty average that first season at Awfulview surrounded by absolute numpties. Players like him and Froxy need to be playing in decent sides who allow them to concentrate on playing football and hee haw else.  They're no much help though when your teams full of keich and heading for relegation. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think it would have been easier for him to say that yes. If he simply highlights their lack of fitness then a few months into the job when that should be resolved he'll get the blame for us still being shite.  Saying their murder underlines the fact that there is feck all he can do really till January.

How many of the players who he deems complete shite then bother their arse for the next 4 months?

He'd have been off his tits to slate the entire squads ability.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How many of the players who he deems complete shite then bother their arse for the next 4 months?

He'd have been off his tits to slate the entire squads ability.

I know what you mean although most  of them haven't  tried a leg the last 4 months so chances are we'd notice feck all difference. Doesnt need to mention names just a the squad isn't  of the quality we need to get us in the promotion mix.  None of these players would be missed if they didn't bother their arses over the next couple of months. Thats how bad a situation we are actually in just now.

Edited by Shodwall cat