The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Morton fans slagging Mckinnon off for Saturdays defeat . Slag our piss poor team all you want but its got feck all to do with the current incumbent . 

Can't help feeling we're piling a lot of pressure on young Rudden here.  Boy was one of the top prospects in Scottish football a couple of years back but has gone backwards a bit in recent seasons having stagnated at the currant buns like a lot of young players. He's had very limited first team experience so to expect him to be our saviour is stretching it a bit.

I think the big hope is he is better in what we have, tbh if he has anything at all at even 18 he will for sure be better than Turner and hopefully Haber, Lewis and Mackin.

The eye opener is that I would say Mackin is probably our best striker, so I dont think Rudden has much to live up to

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hartley couldn't be blamed because of the mess Houston had left the team in.

McKinnon can't be blamed because of the mess Hartley has left the team in.

Repeat ad nauseam.

Houston left a team that finished 2nd the previous season minus a left back, Smith in charge fixed that issue for two games and we won, then Hartley came in telling various players they are c**ts and didnt get a tune out till the last game of the  year.

I think we are passed the c**tgate now, Mckinnon playing it in a non you are a c**t attitude and using encouragement knowing he has to work with a lot of these players till at least January if not longer.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

I think the big hope is he is better in what we have, tbh if he has anything at all at even 18 he will for sure be better than Turner and hopefully Haber, Lewis and Mackin.

The eye opener is that I would say Mackin is probably our best striker, so I dont think Rudden has much to live up to

Houston left a team that finished 2nd the previous season minus a left back, Smith in charge fixed that issue for two games and we won, then Hartley came in telling various players they are c**ts and didnt get a tune out till the last game of the  year.

I think we are passed the c**tgate now, Mckinnon playing it in a non you are a c**t attitude and using encouragement knowing he has to work with a lot of these players till at least January if not longer.

He's still a young boy who has hardly any first team experience. In fact a similar trait to the rest of the dross we've picked up so there's no guarantee he will be any better than Turner, Haber, lewis or Mackin.  I still think Haber would be a player at this level if we had a decent side fighting for promotion. Unfortunately he has absolutely no interest in being involved in  a relegation situation. 

From the current bunch, the starting 11 has to contain McGhee, Robson, Irving, Dunne and Greenwood.

Luckily we’ve still got to see what Rudden is like, maybe he could form a partnership with Haber who has been disappointing.

McKee and Mitchell coming in could also do a job for us.

Looking at the players mentioned that means the squad would look like
Mitchell

Diddy
McGhee
Diddy
Robson

Greenwood
McKee
Irving
Dunne

Rudden
Haber

Defensively we have one too many liabilities and the midfield is absolutely powderpuff. I miss housty x

I would add Russell to the list of starters, unspectacular but solid.

49 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

From the current bunch, the starting 11 has to contain McGhee, Robson, Irving, Dunne and Greenwood.

Luckily we’ve still got to see what Rudden is like, maybe he could form a partnership with Haber who has been disappointing.

McKee and Mitchell coming in could also do a job for us.

Looking at the players mentioned that means the squad would look like
Mitchell

Diddy
McGhee
Diddy
Robson

Greenwood
McKee
Irving
Dunne

Rudden
Haber

Defensively we have one too many liabilities and the midfield is absolutely powderpuff. I miss housty x

I miss Vaulks

33 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Maybe you should sign some journeymen....:whistle

And get someone to pay 2k a week foa striker to go with them. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think Sammut is getting a tough time here. Admittedly he might not be ready to take one of only 2 places in a 4 4 2 but if McKinnon goes 4 2 3 1 its Sammut every week for me.

No one quoting him at all?

No pain no gain. He was brought here with a “not Mitch” pedigree to have the boyish edges knocked off him. To do that, he has to be played. It’s as simple as that. We are not in a place where “oooh too much of a risk playing an inexperienced guy like that”. The experience like Paton hasn’t exactly shone through.

Moans of “if only we had played x instead of y we would have got a result” no longer seem valid. Fewer cumbersome donkeys and more footballing ability is about our only hope now (other than Obe-Wan Kenobi obviously).

Guys I’m a ayr supporter and have a pub just 10 min walk from the ground, and we have a large car park out the back plenty of space for a bus usually the bus would take the fans to the ground at 2:45 then come back to the pub car park then go pick yous up, we always have away and home fans mixing in the pub below is a photo of the Dunfermline bus in on there last visit the pub holds about 120 then the lounge through the back holds 100 usually they just all mix in the pub area, we have a pool table, juke box and live sky so the early kick off will be on tv, we have 3 TVs and the racing will be shown aswell also we have a bookies right nexdoor, it’s a up to date well maintained pub we also put a large spread on for home and away fans ie sandwiches, pies and sausage rolls the drink is cheap and we have loads of drink promos ... 5 bottles of beer for £10 and many more the pub is called the Bellrock search it up on Facebook and if you would like to book a bus in contact me on 07494781345.

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

No pain no gain. He was brought here with a “not Mitch” pedigree to have the boyish edges knocked off him. To do that, he has to be played. It’s as simple as that. We are not in a place where “oooh too much of a risk playing an inexperienced guy like that”. The experience like Paton hasn’t exactly shone through.
Moans of “if only we had played x instead of y we would have got a result” no longer seem valid. Fewer cumbersome donkeys and more footballing ability is about our only hope now (other than Obe-Wan Kenobi obviously).
Aye. He is by far and away the most likely to have the required quality we need. We might not all agree on the potential to inprove of various others, but i'm not having that Sammut doesnt have the correct ability to do well in this league.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Aye. He is by far and away the most likely to have the required quality we need. We might not all agree on the potential to inprove of various others, but i'm not having that Sammut doesnt have the correct ability to do well in this league.

I genuinely don't think Sammut has looked bad when he's been on the pitch. I'd play him over Paton every game as he's basically a fraud as far as i'm concerned. Also Sammut doesn't appear to be an arsehole who throws out his arms when he screws up, blaming every one else. He was brought in to be a leader but all I see is another responsibility dodging idiot who thinks picking up yellow cards is the same as defending his back 4.

Edited by PipoIsABairn

I genuinely don't think Sammut has looked bad when he's been on the pitch. I'd play him over Paton every game as he's basically a fraud as far as i'm concerned. Also Sammut doesn't appear to be arsehole who throws out his arms when he screws up, blaming every one else. He was brought in to be a leader but all I see is another responsibility dodging idiot who thinks picking up yellow cards is the same as defending his back 4.
Agree with all of this. Sammut is a maybe. Paton has so far proven himself a liability. McKinnon will hopefully see right through him and focus on getting Sammut the experience he came here for.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
27 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:
I genuinely don't think Sammut has looked bad when he's been on the pitch. I'd play him over Paton every game as he's basically a fraud as far as i'm concerned. Also Sammut doesn't appear to be arsehole who throws out his arms when he screws up, blaming every one else. He was brought in to be a leader but all I see is another responsibility dodging idiot who thinks picking up yellow cards is the same as defending his back 4.

Agree with all of this. Sammut is a maybe. Paton has so far proven himself a liability. McKinnon will hopefully see right through him and focus on getting Sammut the experience he came here for.

Good old fashioned booing Paton whenever he touches the ball is in order. Let the message be sent loud and clear. Only sorry we can’t gather behind the Brockville stand to vent our spleens.

Edited by GunnerBairn