The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

What difference would that make? 

We're told this is about "breach of contract". 

OK, one last time... If Falkirk had asked for permission on the Monday, Rae would have asked, eh, Ray (see I'm playing nice now we've replaced the c*nt) if he wanted to speak to them. If Rae is faced with the reality that Ray wants to go -- and it probably doesn't take more than 48 hours to come to that point, cannae keep a guy who doesn't want to be there sort of thing -- he enters negotiations with Falkirk, which -- and here I'm speculating off ma tits -- probably ends in a 30k kinda settlement (for the pair)... ma granny could nonce Morton in a negotiation, so 30K might be generous...

Falkirk announce their new manager, Ray says how difficult a decision it was, but he just couldn't turn down the opportunity (and even speaks to at least the players he's only just feckin signed...); you guys wet your knickers at big-teaming the diddies, etc, etc.

Instead... Falkirk are liable for compensation they might not get to set... and 'Ray' is damaged goods...

See you fun-loving loonballs on 20th October...

But before I go: MON THE F**KIN TON

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

However, there was no enticement, because Crawford Rae gave Falkirk F.C. permission to speak to Morton’s manager wrt the Falkirk manager’s position. That is absolutely key in this.

Even if it was a Falkirk Board member who informed McKinnon that their chairman had refused them permission to speak to him, that in and of itself does not constitute enticement.

I cannot see Falkirk moving from that position (save from the bit about McKinnon being informed by a journalist). No one knows who the journalist was, and in any case, there was nothing wrong in FFC informing a journalist of this development.

I've no idea if there was enticement or not. It's not my place to get involved and I offer no opinion on it. If the two clubs don't agree the position and Morton make a complaint it will be down to the authorities to sort it out.  I just addressed the nonsense suggestion that compensation isn't payable between clubs when managers leave. It certainly usually is.

Let's hope it's about getting us up the league ! Who cares about the means employed it's the league position at the end of the season that counts! Morton are set to slide down we are set to drift up! The extra points gained will pay any expense incurred ! Let's all laugh at Morton hahaha ! Crawford can dish out free sweets to the weans they'll soon get use to a standard of display that fits their stadium I.e a load of crap

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

It applies when you are taking about a manager at Morton, given that it happens with managers all the time there is obviously no recourse from footballing bodies to prevent a manager from resigning and then taking up a job within the game in a certain amount of time. Otherwise we would have got compo when jobby McCall waltzed off to Dundee United for example.

Ranaldo's contact will be full of loads of stuff about sponsorship etc etc but that doesn't mean he still couldn't walk out of his job playing job, forefitting some or all of that cash ala David Beckham and bryll cream but that's isn't the same as his wage for his job, juve wouldn't get his salary back they would just stop paying him.

Sign on payments and bonuses could be different but I can't imagine big Ray had anything like that with you.

Fucking leave me out of this mess.

54 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Actually where a football club entices a manager to break his contract with another football club, compensation will generally be payable unless something in his contract says otherwise. It is for instance not unusual for assistant managers to have a clause inserted in their contract allowing them to leave without compensation if they are offered a managers job elsewhere.

Its not like players, players have a registration system which restricts free movement on a formal basis, but its not like leaving Tesco to work at Morrisons either. There is a governing body (two in fact) which will rule and enforce in case of dispute.

Yeah, a player couldn’t just leave 6 months into a 2 year contract, for example.

24 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Faux happiness in full flow!

I also love the extra lump of fake legalese............”formally enticed”. Away ya daftie.

“Much more compensation in a civil court”........good luck with that. Watch your Chairman now flap around “look at JJ, look at JJ” as he quietly backtracks away from any action that he knows would end in utter failure.

Think I've hit a nerve there. Sounds like your shitting it ! Giruy!

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Claiming to be happier with Jonaton Johannson is peak minter.

If that’s peak minter wtf is your wet dreams about getting as your third choice a guy who was sacked for incompetence only to be replaced by Csaba Laszio?

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Is it wrong for me to hope that Johansson gets offered another job elsewhere in football in a few months time just for sh*ts and giggles 

If I were you I'd be more worried about your manager doing that very thing. He has a track record after all!!!

Anyhoo, we owe a debt (but only of thanks) to the supporters of Morton (good ones, bad ones, and their numerous lawyers) for helping to propel the Falkirk Thread well on its way to 3,000 pages. 

A very Merry Christmas to all our readers and contributors.

I am sure the custodians of P&B are equally pleased.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Is it wrong for me to hope that Johansson gets offered another job elsewhere in football in a few months time just for sh*ts and giggles 

If you thought our players were a questionable lot, just wait til you see Easdale’s boy strutting his stuff in the Morton first team. JJ will comply, I am sure.

9 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

The Faux outrage is pathetic. He was only with you 3 months.

We lost McCall all those years ago. He had played for us, had us playing the best football we had since Jeffries and built a team to win the league at a canter.

He went to Utd and at the end of the season he removed a strike force that had scored 43 goals between them in Coyle and Samuel and one of our best youth products, Mark Kerr.

I remember we were rightly pissed off at the time and rightly so, but not to the proportions of you snowflake lot.

The same with Jefferies and Hearts. Jim built a brilliant team, nearly got us into Europe through the league, then he said he is staying with us, then he walks out. I was totally pi**ed off with Hearts then, couldn't really fault Jim though.

So we've been in the same boat a few times as Morton fans, I felt the same with Jefferies and McCall, so can see the 'ton supporters side of things. It's just that our managerial losses were  on a bigger scale than losing a 3 month debutant.

Edited by bairney

How about we all turn out on Saturday, even if we have to sit in the main stand (South stand is closed for the day) and give the boys as much backing as we can.  I wasn't planning on the Connah Quay game but circumstances call for it I think.

Likewise, wasn’t going due to my thoughts on the non Scottish teams/Colt sides but he deserves a decent home crowd for his 1st match in charge.

The good thing is he knows what we are all about from the Play Off matches. What a backing we gave at both of those Dundee United fixtures.