The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Have you Morton guys have no interest in your own team?   Why hang out on a Falkirk forum.  I don't give a monkey's about what other teams fans think about anything.  I am only concerned about my own team.  Life is too short.  I have nothing against Morton or their fans, or any other team, even the artificial rivalry between us and Dunfermline.  I only care about Falkirk, my home team.

5 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

OK, an area of Pie and  Bovril set aside for Falkirk fans.   You have your own area too, why not use it?  You are wasting your time here, no-one cares.  I too would be angry if our manager had ditched us after 3 months but I would not be leaving comments on a Morton "forum" as I recognise I would be banging my head against a wall and only ratcheting up my own frustration.  Chill out, life is too short for this guff.

I take it you don't use this site very often. Fans of other clubs read and post in others  clubs pages on this site every day in life.

Feck,  if you go on the Morton page, it is filled with  Falkirk fans at the moment the same way this page has many Morton fans on it!

OK, an area of Pie and  Bovril set aside for Falkirk fans.   You have your own area too, why not use it?  You are wasting your time here, no-one cares.  I too would be angry if our manager had ditched us after 3 months but I would not be leaving comments on a Morton "forum" as I recognise I would be banging my head against a wall and only ratcheting up my own frustration.  Chill out, life is too short for this guff.
This isn't a Falkirk forum. It's a Falkirk thread in a Scottish football forum. The purpose of each teams individual thread is for fans of all teams in the division to talk about things happening at that club.

I feel like you've spectacularly missed the point of Pie & Bovril. If you want to talk about who's playing right back for Falkirk without interruption then I suggest you do so on your club's own fans forum.

48 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

In my experience, contracts of employment tend to have a notice period of around a month. That applies to both fixed term and permanent ones. Employers don't generally want any longer than that because if you try to force someone to stay on then they start coming in late, pulling sickies and deliberately underperforming in  a way that damages the business.

So when someone walks out without working their notice the employer shrugs their shoulders and gets on with the job of replacing them with someone else who wants to be there. I've never heard of an employer trying to sue a former employee for not working a notice period. They simply don't pay the employee for that period. End of.

Now admittedly, Morton may be different. They may have written a nine month notice period into McKinnon's contract. (to May 2019, as per your Chairmans statement)

Do you really think that's likely? 

And if it were, that McKinnon or any other prospective manager would have signed it in the first place?

Its usually three months for professional roles

This isnt a Falkirk forum
HTH [emoji4] 

Sounds like you'd fit in pretty well on a Morton "forum" right now

I take it you don't use this site very often. Fans of other clubs read and post in others  clubs pages on this site every day in life.
Feck,  if you go on the Morton page, it is filled with  Falkirk fans at the moment the same way this page has many Morton fans on it!

This isn't a Falkirk forum. It's a Falkirk thread in a Scottish football forum. The purpose of each teams individual thread is for fans of all teams in the division to talk about things happening at that club.

I feel like you've spectacularly missed the point of Pie & Bovril. If you want to talk about who's playing right back for Falkirk without interruption then I suggest you do so on your club's own fans forum.

Christ it’s sad times when your rising to Sandra/Jimmy’s bait.

Pretty obvious that this would've been done and dusted on Friday if it hadn't been for the Morton chumpmans ludicrous request for 6 figures in compensation. Who was he kidding   that he could get that for a guy on a short contract who had only been there 3 months.  This therefore forced McKinnon into resigning so that a more realistic nominal comp fee can  be sorted out. We're obviously quite happy to pay a sensible fee and not one plucked out of thin air by Rae.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

In my experience, contracts of employment tend to have a notice period of around a month. That applies to both fixed term and permanent ones. Employers don't generally want any longer than that because if you try to force someone to stay on then they start coming in late, pulling sickies and deliberately underperforming in  a way that damages the business.

So when someone walks out without working their notice the employer shrugs their shoulders and gets on with the job of replacing them with someone else who wants to be there. I've never heard of an employer trying to sue a former employee for not working a notice period. They simply don't pay the employee for that period. End of.

Now admittedly, Morton may be different. They may have written a nine month notice period into McKinnon's contract. (to May 2019, as per your Chairmans statement)

And if it were, that McKinnon or any other prospective manager would have signed it in the first place?

Breach of contract is a legal cause of action. Because most employers let the employee walk doesn’t mean an employer is not able to sue.  I think it only right and proper that Morton punish  the wee mercenary where it hurts, in his pocket.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think it's fairly unlikely that any full time football manager's contract doesn't have a break clause in it detailing compensation payable by either party in the event of termination. It's not like the early termination of a managerial contract is an unusual circumstance so they usually cater for it. I've no idea if Morton had one in there or not, but the inclusion of one would be standard practice in a manager's contract. I wouldn't particularly surprise me if the value of that break clause was the remaining contract value of remuneration.