The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

More irrelevant drivel used as a carrier for pointless negative pish.

Genuinely nothing of any point or substance in this post. Boring b*****d.

If you don't like it, don't read it. And if you think a post calling for a good player that plays for us to get a game is 'negative pish', that says more about your comprehension skills than my posts.

anyone know who the trialist was. them losing a man probably colours the game in our favour. would have liked to see how we got on 11 against 11. mckee and dunne playing bodes well for them. wonder what mckinnon thoughts are at this early stage.

mackin getting a hatrick is gonna bolster his confidence.

stating obvious.

Edited by faedenny

From ptfc:

DAVID MITCHELL

KYLE MITCHELL

TOMMY ROBSON

MARKY MUNRO

ROSS WILLOX

JOE MCKEE

DEIMANTAS PETRAVICIUS

TOM OWEN-EVANS

DYLAN MACKIN

DAN TURNER

REES GREENWOOD

SUBS

ROBBIE MUTCH

AIDAN LAVERTY

JASON JARVIS

CIERAN DUNNE

JOSEPH MOORE

Dont really understand what he did to be out of favour. Should definitely get a first team run..

I spoke to Dunne recently, he didn’t give much away but was to do with a minor falling out after he was sent off in a development game. Then he was injured for a bit and couldn’t get back in the team.

Just back from the game, start of September and I was fucking frozen [emoji16]

Enough moaning from me and onto the game.

Mitchell looked solid in goal which was good to see.

Greenwood again looked decent and Robson put a shift in.

Dunne was excellent when he came on, got down the line and fired loads of crosses in. Big Mackin is a lump but given decent service he will score.

McKee was steady and is definitely no worse that what we currently have in midfield.

The worry for me was the likes of TOE, Turner, Petra didn't look great in a reserve fixture.

Good to see McKinnon in his Falkirk gear, it fair suits him.

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just back from the game, start of September and I was fucking frozen emoji16.png

Enough moaning from me and onto the game.

Mitchell looked solid in goal which was good to see.

Greenwood again looked decent and Robson put a shift in.

Dunne was excellent when he came on, got down the line and fired loads of crosses in. Big Mackin is a lump but given decent service he will score.

McKee was steady and is definitely no worse that what we currently have in midfield.

The worry for me was the likes of TOE, Turner, Petra didn't look great in a reserve fixture.

Good to see McKinnon in his Falkirk gear, it fair suits him.

What side did Greenwood and Dunne play?

I’m gonna be one of those guys who gets obsessed with how bad one particular player does this season. TOE of all the players looks the most uselsss. Imagine how bad he is, to look so bad in a team that’s been hopeless from front to back. I’ll keep an open mind but if he doesn’t change significantly under McKinnon I might be forced to start a Harris-eque campaign to get him to f**k.

hopefuly on todays reserve game its an indication we will play with good width, wide players hitting the last third and putting crosses in. Both Greenwood and Dunne have good delivery in their locker so would like to see us give them a run, and Mackin maybe deserves a shot up top.

Its probably been covered but can we decide to change loans and send players back to their clubs? 

Mackin has taking stick from most of us. He isn't athletic and he looks an awkward big lump but give him decent service which he got today from Dunne and Robson down the left and he will score goals.

We have a midfield who aren't capable of nice silky stuff so get back to basics 4-4-2 get the ball out to the likes of Dunne and Greenwood and get balls into the box.

Time to play to what little strengths we currently have.

Right reason or not, I won’t get on TOEs back. The lad is probably the most far travelled of all the English lads, and has clearly been duped by Superscout into moving to another country’s league, and to a standard of football that is well beyond his ability.

He is probably quite a depressed individual far from home and a friendly face right now. Sure, you can say it was his decision, but I sincerely hope the guy can get himself a mutually agreed move back nearer to home. He is just collateral damage in “the project”, and I would rather see him leave on good terms.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Right reason or not, I won’t get on TOEs back. The lad is probably the most far travelled of all the English lads, and has clearly been duped by Superscout into moving to another country’s league, and to a standard of football that is well beyond his ability.

He is probably quite a depressed individual far from home and a friendly face right now. Sure, you can say it was his decision, but I sincerely hope the guy can get himself a mutually agreed move back nearer to home. He is just collateral damage in “the project”, and I would rather see him leave on good terms.

He's played first team games for Newport. He's much more experienced than someone like Sammut. 

I agree about the young guy away from home bit, and him being hideously out of his depth. 

I don't want to commit to a camp because I am a shite bag but I did think there were some signs in pre-season as to why some of the players had been signed.  
Jury is still out on McKinnon being able to get something out of them but hopefully with a bit more organisation and some better coaching he can get more out of them.

How can the jury be out on something that has yet to happen?

How did the trialists look?
They both looked young. The centre half was steady without being anything special, he did get megged once but he looked alright.

The other one was quite small but decent build, he was a right winger who got down the wing a couple of times.

Don't think either would push for the first team.

How would we line up for Saturday’s game? A winnable game however also in many ways a competitive friendly for McKinnon.

I would like to see us line up like this:

Mitchell

Kidd Muirhead Harrison Robson

Greenwood McKee Irving Russell (or Dunne)

Haber Rudden

Rudden is cup tied, scored against us in the last round.

Mackin also has got to be worth a start after his hat trick today.

It's noticeable in the warm ups that McGee and whoever else it is are absolutely shite at putting crosses in at the finishing drills. If they can't do it when they're standing still with no challenge, they're never going to do it in a game so it's good to hear Dunne  can do the business.

13 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

How would we line up for Saturday’s game? A winnable game however also in many ways a competitive friendly for McKinnon.

I would like to see us line up like this:

Mitchell

Kidd Muirhead Harrison Robson

Greenwood McKee Irving Russell (or Dunne)

Haber Rudden

Irving also on Scotland u19 duty.

I'd try Russell as right back